A GIRUY To Ryanair

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really understand this story. Are they saying its Ryanair's fault for the lad changing his name because the price is too high?

A student who made a Ryanair booking error changed his name by deed poll - because it was cheaper than the airline's £220 'admin fee'.

The story could be stopped here. "A student who made a Ryanair booking error". Surely all the cost could've been mitigated if he'd just have put his name in correctly in the first instance.

Complete non-story if I'm honest.

Daft twat had Adam West as his fb name, as thought it was funny to have same name as Batman actor.

His girlfriends dad books tickets using that name, and his surname is Armstrong.

If I was Ryanair I would ban him for being a stupid twat.

I don't really understand this story. Are they saying its Ryanair's fault for the lad changing his name because the price is too high?

The story could be stopped here. "A student who made a Ryanair booking error". Surely all the cost could've been mitigated if he'd just have put his name in correctly in the first instance.

Complete non-story if I'm honest.

If you'd read the story, it was his girlfriend's stepdad who made the error

If you'd read the story, it was his girlfriend's stepdad who made the error

Then what's wrong with the question "what's your name so I can book your flight?". Am I the only one who makes sure my name on the booking matches up with the name in my passport. I mean its the same principle as making sure the name on the card when ordering something online matches up with the name on the payment card.

At the end of the day this is one lad who's decided to pipe up about it, one person out of the 81.3million passengers that Ryanair carried last year.

Still a non-story.

Ryanair make the charge to discourage touts from buying up all the cheap fares then sell them on at a profit. Could we not have the same for concert tickets with names on them and ID needed to get in? Then we could all get to concerts for the already-pretty-high face value of the tickets.

Quite surprised most folk on here appear to be taking the side of Ryanair (or can't be arsed reading the story before commenting). £220 for an admin change is fucking ridiculous. There really is no need for that.

But the reason it's a story in the first place isn't to highlight this issue - it's more about the unusual response by the passenger. Fair play to him.

Quite surprised most folk on here appear to be taking the side of Ryanair (or can't be arsed reading the story before commenting). £220 for an admin change is fucking ridiculous. There really is no need for that.

But the reason it's a story in the first place isn't to highlight this issue - it's more about the unusual response by the passenger. Fair play to him.

Agreed.

The downside is that it is free publicity for Ryanair, who will no doubt be delighted.

Had you bothered your arse to read it you would have known it was 110 quid charge,not 220

I read this story elsewhere today and it quoted the cost as being £220 but made no reference to this being 2 x £110 due to the lad's girlfriend being on the same ticket. I'm guessing Pandarilla might have read the story elsewhere too.

The guy has legally changed his name, for the sake of about £100 at most once you factor in costs of a new fastracked passport etc, to teach a multi million pound company a lesson.

The unusual response by the passenger only goes to show what an absolute moron he is.

The girlfriend's dad should also be paying for the difference aswell, rather than let his daughter's boyfriend change his fucking name, due to his mistake.

The guy has legally changed his name, for the sake of about £100 at most once you factor in costs of a new fastracked passport etc, to teach a multi million pound company a lesson.

The unusual response by the passenger only goes to show what an absolute moron he is.

The girlfriend's dad should also be paying for the difference aswell, rather than let his daughter's boyfriend change his fucking name, due to his mistake.

:blink:

Archived