League set up 2015

They could do it without any issue just know, it would just be a repeat of the Girvan situation from about a decade ago. However if or when the time comes when licences are required (and there are now only 10 unlicensed SFA members afterall) it's potentially an area of uncertainty.

It's an area of uncertainty due to the licensing clause about commitment to the pyramid system. If the Juniors don't join the pyramid system, and a club moves out of the pyramid system into the Juniors, is that showing commitment to the pyramid system? "No" you would think, but ultimately no-one can say for sure until the situation actually arises.

At the moment there are 3 licensed clubs outside the pyramid (i.e. outside of SPFL/HL/LL/EOSL/SOSL):

* Banks o'Dee who applied for HL unsuccessfully and currently can't get in as there are no feeder leagues up north yet - no problem there presumably

* Glasgow Uni who play in the Amateurs but are reported to have applied for LL unsuccessfully - no problem there for the moment, presumably

* Linlithgow Rose who were most of the way through licensing before the clause came in - their fans report they've got a waiver of undefined limits

so none of them provide a clue.

There was a Burntisland fan on LL sub-forum getting upset about BSCG, AM Soccer, etc. so maybe Shippy have ambitions of reaching LL one day.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Spartans EOS normally play at home on the weekends Spartans are away. Until now the occasional clash has seen the EOS team play a Friday night.

If there is such a requirement, it clearly isn't policed to the letter (quite sensibly)... Berwick Rangers EOS never had first call on Shielfield. Lothian THV and Tynecastle can't both have first call groundsharing Saughton. Stirling don't have first call on Gannochy, to the extent that the first team still register it as their ground for the South Challenge and EOS Qualifying cups. Some other clubs don't have first call at certain times of year, or days of the week, due to other sports or events e.g. athletics, cricket, gridiron (before - at Meadowbank), local festivals.

Groundsharing also happens in SPFL, LL, SOSL.

I'm pretty sure it is a requirement for new clubs applying to join the EOS that they must have access to the pitch they use for the whole season ahead and even if not policed to the letter, is still supposed to be a requirement for those already in. It was pointed out that Duns and Peebles pitches could in fact be hired by anyone. That was Duns former pitch at the new school, I'm sure they own their current pitch. Peebles and those who play at Saughton may have an agreement or be able to book their pitch for the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Try winning one- you then get the chance of a home tie in the next round.....

Fools gold we'll no be good enough ever tae get more than a roond or two. Better future moving tae the Juniors and looking at it long term, mair local gemes, mair local interest.

• 1 month later...

Fools gold we'll no be good enough ever tae get more than a roond or two. Better future moving tae the Juniors and looking at it long term, mair local gemes, mair local interest.

So gubbed again in the Scottish - a one away game competition for us. Time to let go of the fools gold and go junior.

• 2 years later...
On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 22:02, surely not! said:

Eos is amateur now. Not part of the professional game.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 16:11, hakunajuanmata said:

Juniors south league is much more competitive and a lot better standard than EOS ... outweigh anything the EOS has to offer

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 16:12, ruby murray said:

league that is now dead on its feet.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 21:15, BORDERBEAR said:

The LL was ultimately the end of the EOS as a serious league.

gatsby.1497548146.gif

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 12:26, non_sequitur said:

The Shippy should follow Easthooses intae the Juniors. Get some local games back Rosyth Crossgates Lochgelly and the cups, nae fun in playing these border teams on public parks.

The EOS is dying.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 23:32, non_sequitur said:

Thats ma point. I want to see games against other Fife teams and I want to see cup games against Kelty or Hill o Beath or Glenrothes. Thats where we should be playing getting the crowds in

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 12:26, non_sequitur said:

Theres nae future in eos fitba. Just ma opinion and it looks like Easthooses agree.

gatsby.1497548146.gif

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 14:14, Burnie_man said:

I’d be surprised if over the next few seasons we don’t see at least one other club make the move. The standard of EoS Premier is no better that the South Division

The Pyramid is a busted flush in the Lowlands, I can’t see the EoS ever being strong enough to feed the LL.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 16:36, Burnie_man said:

I doubt you’ll get anyone switching to the EoS

gatsby.1497548146.gif

Some great shouts here lads. Well played :P.

Finally...

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 20:40, heedthebaa said:

RIP EOS

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 20:49, heedthebaa said:

Hibee, it's fucked mate !!! And has been since the start of the LL imo.

Fucked.

gatsby.1497548146.gif

More than happy to be proved wrong!

Will always maintain the way things were set-up at the beginning of the LL was rushed and ill-considered, but the SJFA had a massive part to play in that as well, and nobody can deny that things were looking exceptionally bleak for the EoS when Easthouses and then Craigroyston left (and I called it right above with Craigroyston subsequently moving).

Change has moved at a remarkable pace which has caught everyone by surprise, at the time I thought it more likely the remaining EoS clubs would move into the Juniors and that would form the LL feeder in future for the East, it's gone (or going) the other way. As I say, remarkable!  but we will hopefully get the end result that's needed. Full integration.

Edited by Burnie_man

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

More than happy to be proved wrong!

Will always maintain the way things were set-up at the beginning of the LL was rushed and ill-considered, but the SJFA had a massive part to play in that as well, and nobody can deny that things were looking exceptionally bleak for the EoS when Easthouses and then Craigroyston left (and I called it right above with Craigroyston subsequently moving).

Change has moved at a remarkable pace which has caught everyone by surprise, at the time I thought it more likely the remaining EoS clubs would move into the Juniors and that would form the LL feeder in future for the East, it's gone (or going) the other way. As I say, remarkable!  but we will hopefully get the end result that's needed. Full integration.

But but but... the grade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiW5Rm8YTf8

• 3 years later...
On 13/06/2015 at 20:18, HibeeJibee said:

As I see it personally: the EOS League is probably at the crossroads now, the next 1 or 2 years will likely define its future prospects.

On the one hand the EOSL has survived and often flourished for 90 years; has the USP of being the eastern feeder to LL; is generally well-run and offers some other benefits (e.g. U20s); and still has its fate in its own hands.

Time will tell.

0_Mystic-Meg-TV-Astrologer-National-Lott