Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a strange group stage for Celtic.

The 2 games v Fenerbahce were the two you'd have thought they would struggle. 2 draws is a decent return, though they really should have horsed them in the home game.

A draw in Amsterdam, in what you would expect to be a tough away game, and the game at home v Ajax where they could and probably should have won had Griffiths not chosen that night to put in his worst performance of the season.

Then Molde....

How can it be that Celtic managed to compete relatively well with 2 sides who's resources dwarf their own, but get their arse handed to them by sides like Malmo and Molde who are far smaller resource wise?

Yet another fine or possibly worse coming our way after some fanny for the umpteenth fucking time and ignoring umpteen fucking warnings that the club will get hammered for it brought in and lit a flare.

Absolute fuckwits, not just the guy from last night but idiots at all clubs that take these stupid things into games, do you not understand that Celtic or your club whoever it may be gets in trouble with the authorities over these things or just not care. Someone at a football game is going to be seriously hurt, blinded or maybe even killed one day by these things, all football clubs should ban for life these fucking roasters

I am not even sure if this would be even possible, but the next time the behaviour of the nuggets within our support brings about a fine, I would like the club to go down the road of taking legal action against the culprits to cover all costs of our latest UEFA fine.

I am not even sure if this would be even possible, but the next time the behaviour of the nuggets within our support brings about a fine, I would like the club to go down the road of taking legal action against the culprits to cover all costs of our latest UEFA fine.

My maw travelled over with her bf who is a huge Celtic fan (I know the shame), she's not into football at all but goes to some of the trips for the shopping ect. She arrived back tonight, she was saying the Green Brigade were scrapping each other in a pub and a Fenerbache mob attacked another pub. Also the wee fanny that had the flare managed to get off scot free but his made ended up getting lifted for it. This came from the bf.

The wee fannies are giving the Celtic fans a really bad reputaion now, painting a target on the back of the whole Celtic support when they travel away in Europe and when teams come here. Wasn't too chuffed that she was going to Turkey anyway regardless of the terror attacks last week.

Celtic fans give Celtic fans a bad name tbf.

Aye they do. I warned her, we shared the same train with them and Hibs fans a few years ago coming back from pre season frendlies. We were in Wigan,they were in Manchester and Hibs were at Bolton I think.

We seen them get on and thought aw naw Hibs and Celtic were going to team up ect, turns out the Celtic fans had 2 carriages to themselves and the Hibs fans mixed with us and we had a great piss up together. The train gets to Carlisle with an army of police officers waiting, turns out the Celtic fans were all scrapping with each other on the other carriage.

My maw travelled over with her bf who is a huge Celtic fan (I know the shame), she's not into football at all but goes to some of the trips for the shopping ect. She arrived back tonight, she was saying the Green Brigade were scrapping each other in a pub and a Fenerbache mob attacked another pub. Also the wee fanny that had the flare managed to get off scot free but his made ended up getting lifted for it. This came from the bf.

The wee fannies are giving the Celtic fans a really bad reputaion now, painting a target on the back of the whole Celtic support when they travel away in Europe and when teams come here. Wasn't too chuffed that she was going to Turkey anyway regardless of the terror attacks last week.

Aye, was speaking to a mate of mine who was over for the game, who said it was a fantastic trip with nothing major happening, but guys he spoke to on the way home were saying that there was clashes with rival fans the night before, during and after the match, which doesn't come as a huge surprise considering that happens with most European games played in Istanbul. A few stories doing the rounds on FB and the usual shite, that police had to close a pub full of Celtic fans because of behaviour at 3am and regarding the Fenerbahce pub attack. One story tells you that there was a Turk with a soft spot for Celtic who recommended some pubs to Celtic fans only for him to pass on the details to the Fenerbahce hooligans, the other story is that the guy was just genuine enough with his efforts and that it was just coincidental that the Turk hooligans found out, I would take all three stories with a pinch of salt in all honesty as people tend to go into overdrive with this nonsense.

I've never been a huge fan of the Green Brigade in all honesty. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a group of lads creating an atmosphere and adding colour to the party is great, however, it is the type of atmosphere and colour they are bringing that I have an issue with. It's time to leave all this in the past and move on, there is no sensible reason for trying to keep 'the Troubles' going on the terraces, and the IRA banners, singing and the flares are only going to keep landing us in more and more bother with the authorities. That being said, in their defence I don't think they are making it any more or any less dangerous for the ordinary fan travelling to away games in Europe. Usually I pick one away game in Europe that I attend with my pals and a cousin, although I never made it to any this season thanks to a combination of different circumstances, and even before there was such a thing as the Green Brigade, I've seen and been caught up in bother in Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, Budapest and Valencia. Mostly handbags to be fair. I think one of the main reasons that there has been a rise in terms of incidents in recent seasons is thanks to us not automatically qualifying for group stages any more and having to play so many qualifiers, it is taking us to countries that still have serious problems with football hooliganism, add our bampots to the equation and it doesn't end well.

Archived