Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rangers will be back doing well in Europe." :lol:

You're probably one of these sad sacks that wanted Rangers to stay in the top flight after they died thinking it was the end of Scottish football.

Rangers and Celtic have far more resources then anyone else - why would I want them to do well in Europe and add to their wealth? I want a competitive top flight. This will never happen when the OF are doing well in Europe.

A lot of our Scottish players are already being tested at the top level in England, so you can give that pish a rest.

Get this in your narrow minded Old Firm head: Rangers and Celtic are c***s and the more they suffer they better Scottish football becomes.

You obviously havent seen me post very much. I have also said on here that the Scottish game overall has been great the past few seasons, I just wish we could show it on a European stage.

Also how can you be so utterly seething over such harmless comments and points? :huh:

They will?

Yes.

Why is "showing it on the European stage" so important to you? Do you really need one of the old firm to win in Europe so you can feel part of something successful?

No.

I mean every Scottish team, not just the OF.

Like I have already said time and time again so we can improve the ranking of our league and so Scottish players can be tested at the highest level. I think we are better than having one team in the Europa group stages. I think our game is better than that. But until we start to turn it around and pick up results in Europe the task of getting past the qualifiers will only get harder for our clubs. I dont think that is a good thing.

Source?

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/celtic-everythings-gone-green.html

Celtic's Wage Bill - £37.8m - 2014

https://gupea.ub.gu.se/bitstream/2077/26226/1/gupea_2077_26226_1.pdf

The last reported Malmo figures are from 2010, where they were a mere £8.2 m Euros.

Celtic have enormous financial advantages over a minnow like Malmo. Currently, Malmo would require a wage bill of 12.91 million Euros to be 1/4 of Celtic's. That's probably generous to be honest - it's more likely Celtic's wage bill is more than 4x Malmo.

Unfortunately for the terrorist sympathisers, Celtic also have a hilariously bad manager and a squad of dross. Who would have thought raiding Dundee Utd wouldn't lead to European success! Astonishing stuff.

There is not one post, on this entire site that even suggests I'm a Celtic fan. Whatever I've said on here about Celtic, I've said on other threads about St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Inverness. That is fact.

I'll support them in Europe but could not give a flying f**k about what they do domestically.

Wind your neck in.

Mon the Hoops! My cat is called Henrik!

They'll be getting to the group stages, which in Scottish terms at the moment is doing well.

This is a ridiculous statement. Even IF rangers get promoted this season and IF they finish in a position high enough to grant them European football next season. They will have only the bare minimum of the Scottish coeffiecient due to not having played in Europe for 5 years. They'd be unseeded all the way through the qualifying process and would have to negotiate 4 ties to reach the Europa League. Not a hope of them doing that but If you believe they can then good for you.

the task of getting past the qualifiers will only get harder for our clubs.

The only reason Celtic are struggling to qualify, against utter minnows as a result of the Champions Path, is because they have invested in a ludicrously poor manager and have become a shop window club for low level Premiership sides, with no actual interest in creating a team with a high standard of player.

Every Celtic player is for sale and they will gladly take a few million profit for anyone rather than wonder how their latest raid on Dundee Utd is going to fill that position effectively.

They need to sack Deila. Fortunately for us, becuase of the enormous advantages in wage bill the useless clown enjoys over domestic opposition, Celtic will cruise to the title again - guaranteeing the Roaaaaarer another opportunity to make a monumental c**t of disposing of weak Europan opposition and qualifying for the CL group stages.

Plenty more comedy where this came from :thumsup2

It's all about Celtic for H_B. What an angry, sad person.

Variety. Apparently it was Hibs last week...

Good to see you are absolutely seething though about me once again being proved absolutely right about the monumental failure Ronny Mowbray is. :D

Still - maybe you have another lap of honour to look forward to if Celtic scrape a home draw in a Europa League match!

No.

Like I have already said time and time again so we can improve the ranking of our league and so Scottish players can be tested at the highest level. I think we are better than having one team in the Europa group stages. I think our game is better than that. But until we start to turn it around and pick up results in Europe the task of getting past the qualifiers will only get harder for our clubs. I dont think that is a good thing.

If they're good enough they would be picked up by bigger teams regardless if they have been "tested at the highest level"

Our league clubs, on the whole, have been pish in recent years in Europe... our national team has improved greatly in this time and have a really good chance of qualification for the first time in 18 years......

Celtic throwing away more co-efficiency points. The Scottish Champions will be kicking off in the preliminary round of CL qualification at this rate :(

No.

There are 62 places in that last qualifier before the group stages, 31 teams will go through. In that last qualifier there are only 29 survivors from the previous round the other teams are 15 losers from the CL 3rd Quali and 18 teams from countries ranked 1-16.

A very tough ask for any Scottish team trying to get into that Group stage.

Variety. Apparently it was Hibs last week...

Good to see you are absolutely seething though about me once again being proved absolutely right about the monumental failure Ronny Mowbray is. :D

Still - maybe you have another lap of honour to look forward to if Celtic scrape a home draw in a Europa League match!

Have a look back through the thread dafty. I predicted we'd get papped out.

Still why let the facts get in the way of your spittle flecked rants.

What an absolute nightmare Lichtie has had here :lol:

Aye true, except thats not happened at all. In the slightest.

I think you will find its everybody else frothing at the mouth over the fact that I suggested that Scottish clubs doing well in Europe is good for the Scottish game.

It's all about Celtic for H_B. What an angry, sad person.

But he states the truth. It's actually a sad indictment of today's society that most Celtic fans I know revel in the money that they make from transfers and can make from their European exploits. It used to be about the glory. Now.......

The Europa League is without doubt our level at this current time, the Champions League should be seen as a bonus rather than the Europa League being seen as a failure. Saddens me to see that half the stadium could be closed as a result of us being in the Europa League considering the best European run we have been on in recent memory was in its predecessor, the Uefa cup.

I know that I would definitely prefer a possible exciting run in the Europa league rather than getting absolutely cuffed in the Champions League. The thing with the board is that they wont strengthen the squad for the Europa league which shows that they still have their heads in the clouds in some way, if they strengthened the squad with some decent acquisitions then why couldnt we go on a run in the Europa? But this wont happen as all they will reference is the lost money from the Champions League which is a fair point but we are hardly in the red currently.

Archived