Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

Celtic getting dragged back in is of benefit to everyone if you want your club to be successful domestically. Want to win a cup? Not going to happen if Celtic are getting 20 million a year. Want to see a team at least push them in the league? Absolutely no chance because they'll just buy your best player.

What joy do you get sitting watching a team on the tele that doesn't even want anything to do with Scotland winning in Europe and raking it in? It's madness man and sadly typical of the Scottish mindset that the Old Firm can't be defeated.

f**k Celtic. The more European money they are starved of and the more fans desert them the better for Scottish football.

That is now 2 years without the Champions League money but they still have good players under contract at the club that joined Celtic to play Champions League football.

The gap between us and them will not be so wide if they fail to make CL football for another 3 years, their players will be gone and they will not be able attract the same class of players.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's entirely true though. I saw stories about Lee Wallace being on the verge of a call up the other day. Sorry pal, you've got Robertson, Forsyth, Whitaker and Shinnie ahead of you if you ask me. But you just know he'll be straight in given half a chance.

Where?

He wasn't called up, and Strachan certainly isn't talking about who was on "the verge of a call up".

Although that said, I was pretty close to being called up to the last squad. And I don't even play for the Old Firm!

Also, if I was given the choice between Celtic reaching the QFs of the CL or, say, Hearts winning the SPL - then mon eh Jambos.

He's not in it though? It's not true in the slightest. He makes the point about Armstrong well funnily enough Armstrong was in a squad 2 year ago, along with Andy Robertson, who made his debut whilst at Dundee United. What club you're at has absolutely f**k all to do with anything, it's how good the player is.

Why did Ian Black get ignored for a cap while standing out for them, only to get called up while at Rangers in the third division?

Why did Ian Black get ignored for a cap while standing out for them, only to get called up while at Rangers in the third division?

“Ian Black was one of the best midfield players in Scotland last year,” he said. “We can’t forget that. Lee Wallace wasn’t in the squad last week, but I think maybe Craig’s words were misconstrued.

“Lee Wallace is a big part of Craig’s plans for the Scotland squad and I think he did say that. I don’t know if people thought otherwise.

“Ian Black is a talented player. The reason he is here is that we are looking for - and we are quite short, because of the call-offs - a player who can sit and play passes, more of a defensive type.

“We needed somebody who could play as more of a defensive type midfield player. It was quite an easy decision. Ian Black’s name was foremost in our thoughts and certainly the backroom staff’s thoughts and the manager’s"

Craig Levein must have thought he was one of our better midfield players.... He had only played one game for rangers and was called up after injury call offs and on the back of his performances the season before for Hearts.

Eta: do you genuinely believe that if Black still happened to be playing for Hearts Levein would not have called him up???

What is wrong with Celtic away from home? Must be one of the worst records in champs league by now? can see the crowds falling away now. Another season in a pointless league with no competition.

Where do you see the crowds falling away? At Parkhead I presume?

f**k off Lichtie you Celtic c**t

f**k off you hertz c**t :lol:

I was all over the Aberdeen and St Johnstone euro threads aswell. Even bought RedTV to watch the Dons games. :lol:

Not sure why a lot of people get behind them in Europe and not Celtic. Like I said earlier IMO we should all be supporting any Scottish club when they're representing the league.

If Hertz qualify for Europe and have to play 3 rounds to even get in the group stages maybe you'll understand why we should...

I was all over the Aberdeen and St Johnstone euro threads aswell. Even bought RedTV to watch the Dons games. :lol:

Not sure why a lot of people get behind them in Europe and not Celtic. Like I said earlier IMO we should all be supporting any Scottish club when they're representing the league.

If Hertz qualify for Europe and have to play 3 rounds to even get in the group stages maybe you'll understand why we should...

I'd sit the next few pages out if I were you Lichtie. You're not doing yourself any favours here.

Tonight was the Scottish league against the Swedish league. The Swedish league won. It doesn't matter if it's Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/Hertz etc etc they're all representing our league and our game. We all love the Scottish game and can see how good it can be at times, but no wonder it's ridiculed by foreigners when our teams are constantly papped out. We can't even argue about it when results like this happen. It's not good for the league, it's not good for the national team, it's not good for Scottish clubs. How our teams compete in Europe is massive, it shows the level we are at. No wonder we struggle to get sponsors when our best teams get pumped out of Europe before the group stages.

I think tonight's the first time I've wanted to see Newco Rangers up. Atleast then you think we would have 2 clubs who could push themselves to the group stages of the Europa League at the very least. Aberdeen were really unlucky but look how hard their task was? Their task was ridiculously hard because of results like this. The Scottish co efficient is taking a right hiding.

It's not good for the Scottish game. I would've loved GMS/Armstrong/Allan/Griffiths get some big game experience in the Champions League, especially away from home. Will help them massively if they're in the same situation with Scotland. Same with Jack/Shinnie/McLean. Would've been great to see them tested at a very good level.

But here we are. With one side making the Europa League groups. Poor.

You're a fucking disgrace. Praying that Celtic and Rangers do well every season to boost our coefficient. It's pathetic.

This is a great result for Scottish football. As others have pointed out, the money Celtic would have made would only widen the gap between them and the rest of us. How are we ever going to see another team win the league when Celtic can spend millions on improving their squad every season? Will we have to wait for Celtic to go bust as well?

Your comment regarding Newco is hilarious as well. What makes you think they would push for Europe following their arrival into the top flight? They would get horsed most weeks, they are fucking shite.

You're a little bitch and you make me sick.

Why?.

This is like idiot pundits on TV before and during World Cups and European Championships asking us to support the English because we are all British.

Both fans and sycophants of both arse cheeks have shown other clubs little support if no support for the other clubs over the years and are only bothered about themselves or each other and have on many occasion laughed at the so called diddy 'attempts'. Now the overgrown mutant has only one arse cheek in that position it's suddenly realised the relevance of the other clubs, hence this whole 'lack of competition is holding us back' and the sudden awareness of the co-efficient. So while I don't mind Celtic doing well in Europe, it affects myself and my team little other than providing an opportunity for my team to pick up 3 points in the league while they are distracted by the 'pot of gold'.

If you don't want Scottish clubs doing well in Europe, Scottish players tested at the highest level etc then fair enough. It won't make any difference, Celtic and Rangers will always dominate anyway, that's just the fact of it. And Jama Rangers would beat St Johnstone this season pretty comfortably. Seems to be a lot of folk with a real chip on their shoulder instead of looking at the reality of it. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe is something we should all be wanting, it'll bring more interest to our league, more money to the league and will let our Scottish players get a chance at the top level. That's fact. Roll on Sevco and Hibs being promoted again.

Licthie would be the first to complain about "English arrogance" yet the displays breath taking arrogance himself-

1. He assumes that the old firm should be sweeping asides teams from "minor European football nations", ignoring Malmo's history in European football.

2. He also has a grossly self-inflated opinion of the relevance of Scottish football by believing that anyone outside of Scotland actually gives a toss and pays any attention what so ever to how our teams compete in Europe.

If you don't want Scottish clubs doing well in Europe, Scottish players tested at the highest level etc then fair enough. It won't make any difference, Celtic and Rangers will always dominate anyway, that's just the fact of it. And Jama Rangers would beat St Johnstone this season pretty comfortably. Seems to be a lot of folk with a real chip on their shoulder instead of looking at the reality of it. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe is something we should all be wanting, it'll bring more interest to our league, more money to the league and will let our Scottish players get a chance at the top level. That's fact. Roll on Sevco and Hibs being promoted again.

I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe. Except Rangers and Celtic. 2 vile institutions who have far more resources than the rest of us.

Celtic playing in Europe doesn't bring interest to the Scottish leagues, it brings interest to Celtic and Celtic only. What would bring interest to the Scottish top flight is someone else winning it, which would make world football news.

It's absolutely laughable that you want Sevco and Hibs to be promoted to somehow improve results in Europe. Both of these teams ar shit and would get pumped rotten in Europe. You're totally deluded.

Archived