Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again the correct refereeing decision was made, griffiths fouled the keeper long before the hand ball

You mean you're not allowed to back into the keeper instead of going for the ball?

Somebody should inform the Scottish refs. They seem to be oblivious to the fact.

Just gutted, still don't know if Malmo were good or we we're pish. Maybe both, but we'd have got hammered in the CL just like we will in the Europa. Guess it's just the massive cash difference. No that we'd spend the money anyway.

Another game that's result could have been reversed by a correct refereeing decision too, Was clearly obvious that Bitton's goal should have stood and Malmo's makeshift 2nd goalie should have been shown red. But like I said we wouldn't have done sweet FA with the dosh and we'll get pumped in europe no matter what we're contesting.

If the goal should have stood why on earth would he have sent off the defender?

......meanwhile over on KerryFail Street.

quinny1888

Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Post #174 [Tweet]

First-team starter

Favourite all-time player Chris Sutton

Scott Brown is our captain,

I did not see him on the pitch tonight. Awful.

Johansen was brutal, should have been hooked.

Forrest was our best player by a mile and got subbed.

Until sevco are in the top flight and actually challenging it will continue to be like this.

Great.

Hilarious that they all rate Forrest so highly. Did he put a decent ball in last night?

I looked at his stats for last season-four goals and three assists in 30 matches played, and that's for Celtic.

Compare that to someone like Michael O'Halloran-playing a similar role last season, except for a team who barely scored any goals. He's the same age and started out in the same youth system and plays a similar direct running game. He scored ten. Already this season after seven appearances he has one goal and two assists after seven games.

Forrest is an impostor who isn't half as good as Celtic fans think he is and who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland team.

Confusing this Celtic fan logic - If Griffiths is out of his depth against Malmo, a team Celtic should have beaten. Then why can Griffiths score against Aberdeen the 2nd best team in Scotland?. It would seem Malmo are worse than Celtic, so therefore near to Aberdeen in quality. :huh:

So therefore hypothetically if Celtic played Aberdeen in a Champions League qualifier, Leigh Griffiths would be out of his depth as would most of the other Celtic players like Johansson and any of the players signed from other Premiership clubs. :unsure:

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/9250644/1/

In reality Celtic are just not good enough against similar standard European opposition, nothing to do with the league they play in. Celtic are just not consistent during the 90 minutes, we have seen this already this season in the Premiership against the current two teams in the bottom two places. Celtic find it hard to kill teams off and they just can't defend.

Hearts and Aberdeen are looking very good right now.

Tonight was the Scottish league against the Swedish league. The Swedish league won. It doesn't matter if it's Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/Hertz etc etc they're all representing our league and our game. We all love the Scottish game and can see how good it can be at times, but no wonder it's ridiculed by foreigners when our teams are constantly papped out. We can't even argue about it when results like this happen. It's not good for the league, it's not good for the national team, it's not good for Scottish clubs. How our teams compete in Europe is massive, it shows the level we are at. No wonder we struggle to get sponsors when our best teams get pumped out of Europe before the group stages.

I think tonight's the first time I've wanted to see Newco Rangers up. Atleast then you think we would have 2 clubs who could push themselves to the group stages of the Europa League at the very least. Aberdeen were really unlucky but look how hard their task was? Their task was ridiculously hard because of results like this. The Scottish co efficient is taking a right hiding.

It's not good for the Scottish game. I would've loved GMS/Armstrong/Allan/Griffiths get some big game experience in the Champions League, especially away from home. Will help them massively if they're in the same situation with Scotland. Same with Jack/Shinnie/McLean. Would've been great to see them tested at a very good level.

But here we are. With one side making the Europa League groups. Poor.

One of the most embarrassing posts Ive ever seen on here, get a grip man.

VVD will be sold for £10-12 million to some idiotic English club, which will cover some of the CL cash we've missed out on. And we'll play with Ambrose and Boyata at CB all season, with O'Connell occasionally getting a game. And it'll be shite

Hilarious that they all rate Forrest so highly. Did he put a decent ball in last night?

I looked at his stats for last season-four goals and three assists in 30 matches played, and that's for Celtic.

Compare that to someone like Michael O'Halloran-playing a similar role last season, except for a team who barely scored any goals. He's the same age and started out in the same youth system and plays a similar direct running game. He scored ten. Already this season after seven appearances he has one goal and two assists after seven games.

Forrest is an impostor who isn't half as good as Celtic fans think he is and who certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland team.

Its an old boys club this Scotland team selection, any Scottish player regardless of ability or if there is better playing for another Scottish club, if they play for Celtic or Rangers they automatically bar injury are selected for the Scotland team. I always thought both Armstrong and GMS were good enough at Dundee Utd to play for the senior team, yet dross like Lee Wallace playing for Rangers in the 4th tier got selected just because he plays for Rangers. Players can impress playing for smaller clubs against the same standard opposition they would if they were playing for Celtic. It will be interesting to see how many for example Hearts or Aberdeen players make their Scotland debut this season.

Forrest is a rarity, a regular in the first team that has come through the youth system at Celtic, he's one of them, a Celtic supporter so will largely because of that avoid the harsh criticism that is aimed at the foreign legion or the Scottish players that came from other clubs. Also a lot of them still see James Forrest as a promising young player, ffs he's 24 now.

VVD will be sold for £10-12 million to some idiotic English club, which will cover some of the CL cash we've missed out on. And we'll play with Ambrose and Boyata at CB all season, with O'Connell occasionally getting a game. And it'll be shite

Agree, but I think the Celtic board's gamble on just giving Deila enough cash to make the Champions League has failed, they have seriously misjudged the standard of the opposition the team has to beat just to reach that goal. All Celtic need to do each season is win the league to make sure the club gets a share of the Champions League cash pot, but its getting harder each season. What we are seeing is a Celtic that is downsizing season after season and this was happening while Rangers were still in the top division, so a weaker Celtic has nothing to do with no Rangers or anything to do with the other clubs, Celtic as a club have chosen to go down this route all by themselves.

Its an old boys club this Scotland team selection, any Scottish player regardless of ability or if there is better playing for another Scottish club, if they play for Celtic or Rangers they automatically bar injury are selected for the Scotland team. I always thought both Armstrong and GMS were good enough at Dundee Utd to play for the senior team, yet dross like Lee Wallace playing for Rangers in the 4th tier got selected just because he plays for Rangers. Players can impress playing for smaller clubs against the same standard opposition they would if they were playing for Celtic. It will be interesting to see how many for example Hearts or Aberdeen players make their Scotland debut this season.

What a lot of shite, take yersel to the TA forum, this sort of pish has been dealt with

Given what I'm actually saying, that's just really stupid though, isn't it?

You should really ignore anything that buffoon posts after about 8pm, he's usually pished by that time.

Who ridiculous Scottish football outside the British Isles? Absolutely nobody I'd imagine. I certainly don't have an opinion on the current level of Norwegian or Danish football for instance and if I did I certainly wouldn't ridicule their league for it, I'd recognise they were on a particular part of a wave.

Yup. Most people don't give a f**k about our league and tonight's result made zero difference to that. Couldn't give a f**k what others think either.

Exactly - the Scottish League is to all intents and purposes a backwater competition played on the fringes of Europe that virtually nobody without a connection to the country is bothered about, despite the claims of a couple of sides to be "global brands".

We've got a tendency here to think we're a hot topic of conversation, but it's as unlikely that your average football fan in Budapest or Helsinki will even register last night's result as thinking the population of Scotland is remotely interested in Maccabi Tel Aviv beating Basel last night.

What a lot of shite, take yersel to the TA forum, this sort of pish has been dealt with

It's entirely true though. I saw stories about Lee Wallace being on the verge of a call up the other day. Sorry pal, you've got Robertson, Forsyth, Whitaker and Shinnie ahead of you if you ask me. But you just know he'll be straight in given half a chance.

It's entirely true though. I saw stories about Lee Wallace being on the verge of a call up the other day. Sorry pal, you've got Robertson, Forsyth, Whitaker and Shinnie ahead of you if you ask me. But you just know he'll be straight in given half a chance.

He's not in it though? It's not true in the slightest. He makes the point about Armstrong well funnily enough Armstrong was in a squad 2 year ago, along with Andy Robertson, who made his debut whilst at Dundee United. What club you're at has absolutely f**k all to do with anything, it's how good the player is. He also goes on to say I wonder how many Aberdeen or Hearts players will make their Scotland debuts this season, what player from either team, Shinnie aside is even close to being good enough for Scotland's starting 11? Not one.

Archived