Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. I know.

But a confident Rangers or and Hearts (and Aberdeen) could get close to a Celtic who are really not good enough to progress in any Europe competition.

Tbf, you can argue that either way. Celtic having to deal with 6 CL groupstage games may have been more liable to dropping Premiership points than playing EL.

That goal disallowed for Celtic is a disgrace. If the ref got it wrong surely the p***k behind the goal can say something ? Otherwise what's the point in him being there

We'll never know what the outcome would have been for certain had the goal stood, but based on our performance I don't think it would have had much of a difference. Malmo would still have got the second goal they needed.

I've found myself arguing about the quality of our league a ridiculous amount of times over the years on social media. Even with friends who slate it. I also don't think the English could think any less of our league if they wanted to, massively looked down on and no wonder. I don't think you'll have to look very hard to find people slating it again tonight, someone already posted the BBC having a go at it because of Celtics failure.

I've found myself arguing about the quality of our league a ridiculous amount of times over the years on social media. Even with friends who slate it.

I.e. with other Scottish fans? So you're angry about us (arguably people like you) ridiculing, well, us?! That's a totally different situation and implication.

I also don't think the English could think any less of our league if they wanted to, massively looked down on and no wonder.

Tonight won't make any difference, then, if they already couldn't think any less of it. Phew.

Plus I doubt "what EPL fans think" ranks very high among people's concerns.

I don't think you'll have to look very hard to find people slating it again tonight, someone already posted the BBC having a go at it because of Celtics failure.

So again, almost certainly a Scottish - quite possibly even a Celtic - supporter?

As an Englishman who enjoys watching all four tiers of the SPFL, does it matter what people from other countries think of Scottish football? Scottish football supporters need to stop comparing it to the Premier League. Just enjoy Scottish football for what it is.

It's a sad day when football fans are sad about a team from their league doing badly in Europe. It's not going to affect my support of Aberdeen.

As said before, naebody outside Britain gives a f**k and in England Celtic could got to the Quarter Finals and English fans would still mock the league, it's something inherently little people will do. Who cares?

The Scotland fans beating themselves up and blaming the SPL are really pathetic.

f**k Celtic. I'm glad their fans are gutted.

Personally not fussed regarding the CL, shame we never got the 20 whatever million but I'd rather not be shafted every second week in the group stage which was almost a guarantee. At least we can have a good go in the Europa and get some points.

Not good enough for the CL and it showed, we need to accept our place isn't as high as we like to think it is.

Not good enough for the CL and it showed, we need to accept our place isn't as high as we like to think it is.

It's a pity idiots like Sutton seem to think differently. "Champions League fans and Champions League Stature".... Based on what criteria exactly? Number of fans are irrelevant, and results have clearly shown they ain't champions league stature, and haven't been for a long time.

Reality check needed for a lot of Celtic fans and pundits.

I wanted Celtic to progress, admittedly I found some of the plastics' reactions hilarious. As Lichtie said, Celtic progressing is one of the few opportunities for Scottish players to be exposed to the highest level which can only be good for the Scottish game, likewise for Aberdeen etc. I'm not going down the whole 'disaster for Scottish football' drivel which BBC Sport Scotland will no doubt be spouting for the next few days (the national team is doing well, crowds are up and for the first time in a while Scottish youth is developing well domestically), but I can't see the point in actively wanting Scottish teams to be punted out of any European competition

Archived