Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piss.Ideally, we want the OF horsed every time they step on such a stage to prevent the gross imbalance in our game from becoming further exacerbated.

Tonight was the Scottish league against the Swedish league. The Swedish league won. It doesn't matter if it's Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/Hertz etc etc they're all representing our league and our game. We all love the Scottish game and can see how good it can be at times, but no wonder it's ridiculed by foreigners when our teams are constantly papped out. We can't even argue about it when results like this happen. It's not good for the league, it's not good for the national team, it's not good for Scottish clubs. How our teams compete in Europe is massive, it shows the level we are at. No wonder we struggle to get sponsors when our best teams get pumped out of Europe before the group stages.

I think tonight's the first time I've wanted to see Newco Rangers up. Atleast then you think we would have 2 clubs who could push themselves to the group stages of the Europa League at the very least. Aberdeen were really unlucky but look how hard their task was? Their task was ridiculously hard because of results like this. The Scottish co efficient is taking a right hiding.

It's not good for the Scottish game. I would've loved GMS/Armstrong/Allan/Griffiths get some big game experience in the Champions League, especially away from home. Will help them massively if they're in the same situation with Scotland. Same with Jack/Shinnie/McLean. Would've been great to see them tested at a very good level.

But here we are. With one side making the Europa League groups. Poor.

I don't actually subscribe to the general delirium at Celtic failing to reach CL group, but I don't subscribe to the predictably tiresome doom-mongering either. Domestically things are pretty good - more competition, cups being shared around, attendances up, and so on. National team is also doing well.

Celtic may do OK in EL and garner equivalent coefficient points, anyway. We aren't in the doldrums, facing a downgrade or needing a lift, and I'm unsure if Celtic going in CL groups rather than EL would've done it anyway.

EDIT: And to suggest as a few posts up that our league is going to get "ridicule" and our coefficient will "take a right hiding" is just daft. Who ridicules us other than ourselves? Coefficient may be unaffected. As for the solution centring around Rangers...

I don't actually subscribe to the general delirium at Celtic failing to reach CL groups, but I don't subscribe to the tiresome doom-mongering either. Domestically things are pretty good - more competition, cups being shared around, attendances up, and so on. National team is also doing well.

Celtic may do OK in EL and garner equivalent coefficient points, anyway. We aren't in the doldrums, facing a downgrade or needing a lift, and I'm unsure if Celtic going in CL groups rather than EL would've done it anyway.

EDIT: And to suggest as a few posts up that our league is going to get "ridicule" and our coefficient will "take a right hiding" is just daft. As for the solution centring around Rangers...

when the celtic bench tonight cost more than malmo's first team yearly wage bill, then yes there is a distinct problem

its not with our game, its with the team that messed it up once again, there is no guarantee that celtic will do anything in the EL,

I don't actually subscribe to the general delirium at Celtic failing to reach CL group, but I don't subscribe to the predictably tiresome doom-mongering either. Domestically things are pretty good - more competition, cups being shared around, attendances up, and so on. National team is also doing well.

EDIT: And to suggest as a few posts up that our league is going to get "ridicule" and our coefficient will "take a right hiding" is just daft. Who ridicules us other than ourselves? Coefficient may be unaffected. As for the solution centring around Rangers...

No it's already being ridiculed. And has been for years. When the best team in the country by a mile is getting papped out by a shite Malmo side it's no wonder either.

Tonight was the Scottish league against the Swedish league. The Swedish league won. It doesn't matter if it's Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/Hertz etc etc they're all representing our league and our game. We all love the Scottish game and can see how good it can be at times, but no wonder it's ridiculed by foreigners when our teams are constantly papped out. We can't even argue about it when results like this happen. It's not good for the league, it's not good for the national team, it's not good for Scottish clubs. How our teams compete in Europe is massive, it shows the level we are at. No wonder we struggle to get sponsors when our best teams get pumped out of Europe before the group stages.

I think tonight's the first time I've wanted to see Newco Rangers up. Atleast then you think we would have 2 clubs who could push themselves to the group stages of the Europa League at the very least. Aberdeen were really unlucky but look how hard their task was? Their task was ridiculously hard because of results like this. The Scottish co efficient is taking a right hiding.

It's not good for the Scottish game. I would've loved GMS/Armstrong/Allan/Griffiths get some big game experience in the Champions League, especially away from home. Will help them massively if they're in the same situation with Scotland. Same with Jack/Shinnie/McLean. Would've been great to see them tested at a very good level.

But here we are. With one side making the Europa League groups. Poor.

Received drivel that bears no scrutiny.

Who are these foreigners who ridicule our game and why should I give a shit what they think?

In what way is it bad for Scottish clubs?

Our game and our clubs have benefited from one OF side being in the shitter. They benefit further when the other one fails to prosper, especially when the rewards for them prospering would have such a damaging, distorting effect.

You greet about Celtic if you like, but stop trying to pretend that the rest of us should join in.

Basically Celtic have half a very good team. Is it Deila's fault?

Probably!

If he thought that he did not have a team to beat Malmo who are crap!

Then he should have demanded more cash for players !

Do you know that Malmo will be embarrassed in Champions League.

Still Celtic will fail in the next Europa league.

Deila is probably not the man.

Got a feeling that Litchie is going to provide some comedy.

Scottish league vs Swedish league :lol:

Oh, and 2-0 loss to that Malmo side is shameful.

It is the Scottish league against the Swedish league. What's funny about that?

You'll have everybody on here giving it the 'haha best league in the world my arse' shite in a few months when Man City/United/Arsenal and Chelsea are getting hidings in the group stages. The clubs are representing their respective leagues.

No it's already being ridiculed. And has been for years. When the best team in the country by a mile is getting papped out by a shite Malmo side it's no wonder either.

Got lots of examples?

Do you spend your spare time ridiculing the Hungarian game?

Basically Celtic have half a very good team. Is it Deila's fault?

Probably!

If he thought that he did not have a team to beat Malmo who are crap!

Then he should have demanded more cash for players !

Do you know that Malmo will be embarrassed in Champions League.

Still Celtic will fail in the next Europa league.

Deila is probably not the man.

You are getting into "laughing stocks of Europe" territory.

Who is ridiculing us?

And because the (admittedly less-well-resourced) champions of Sweden beat the champions of Scotland 4-3?

Celtic were terrible! Boyata is an absolute bombscare, absolutely nothing going forward either. Really poor performance tonight from every single player.

Really sad that once again there'll be no Scottish representation in the Champions League. Really poor for the league tbh that we don't even have one team capable of playing with the better teams in Europe. Our best team by a country mile has to play in the second tier of Europe. Sort of downgrades everything. Ideally you would want one team in the champions league group stages and one in the Europa like we used to have with Rangers.

Worst bit about it is I can see the same happening to the national team next week in Georgia, the Scottish games really needing a boost now so praying the national side deliver the goods next week.

_45792904_celtic_fan_sad_766_05_getty.jp

Celtic are a better team than malmo though. Fair enough if Celtic couldn't compete at that level we might have a problem but they made an absolute c**t of it. And that's no - one's responsibility but their own

Who ridiculous Scottish football outside the British Isles? Absolutely nobody I'd imagine. I certainly don't have an opinion on the current level of Norwegian or Danish football for instance and if I did I certainly wouldn't ridicule their league for it, I'd recognise they were on a particular part of a wave.

Yup. Most people don't give a f**k about our league and tonight's result made zero difference to that. Couldn't give a f**k what others think either.

It is the Scottish league against the Swedish league. What's funny about that?

Got lots of examples? Do you spend your spare time ridiculing the Hungarian game?

1888Lichtie and Mhonkey having handbags! We all love the action when their big club gets papped oot!

Archived