Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

The CL qualifiers will be upon us before we know it. Happy with the early capture of Bodaya and hopefully a striker follows soon. I'm also hoping Virgil stays for the qualification games at least!

Will Ronny get it right this year?

Will we get papped out of the same tournament twice again?

Will there be laughs to be had on this thread?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legia Warsaw won the polish league and are in the Champions route of the qualifying process along with us.

I think we all know whats coming next

You any idea of the teams we could end up facing?

You any idea of the teams we could end up facing?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Champions_League

We enter at the second qualifying round, like the previous two years this shouldnt pose a problem, the likes of Dundalk, Crusaders of NI, Lincon Red Imps of Andorra and Stjarnan from Iceland who beat Motherwell last season are among potential opponents who realistically we should see off easily.

Its the next two rounds which will be the real test, Legia Warsaw, Maribor, Basel, Steau Bucharest and Dinamo Zagreb are aming potential opponents in the second of those two, we are seeded in the first of them so hopefuly the likes of Videoton of Hungary would come out the hat with us before a tricky final qualifier.

Good news is that, as we are in the Champions route we cant draw a big side thats finished 2nd/3rd/4th from the strong leagues, avoiding Man Utd, Lazio, Lyon, Sevilla among others

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Champions_League

We enter at the second qualifying round, like the previous two years this shouldnt pose a problem, the likes of Dundalk, Crusaders of NI, Lincon Red Imps of Andorra and Stjarnan from Iceland who beat Motherwell last season are among potential opponents who realistically we should see off easily.

Its the next two rounds which will be the real test, Legia Warsaw, Maribor, Basel, Steau Bucharest and Dinamo Zagreb are aming potential opponents in the second of those two, we are seeded in the first of them so hopefuly the likes of Videoton of Hungary would come out the hat with us before a tricky final qualifier.

Good news is that, as we are in the Champions route we cant draw a big side thats finished 2nd/3rd/4th from the strong leagues, avoiding Man Utd, Lazio, Lyon, Sevilla among others

Aye, with the greatest respect to those sides in the second qualifying round, we really should be beating them comfortably over two legs. Purely for the fact my family live about 30 minutes away and I haven't visited this year, I am hoping for Dundalk.

Some tough teams right there, I just hope we avoid Legia Warsaw as I don't think I could be arsed with all the nonsense that will come with that game.

It wont be easy, but I am quietly confident that we will put on more of a performance than this seasons Champs League qualifiers.

Worth noting as well that Linfield failed to win the title in Northern Ireland last season, meaning they obviously arent in the draw.

Id imagine, given their, shall we say political leanings of their support that the authorities in Glasgow and Belfast would dread such a tie,imagine an Old Firm game but in the heart of loyalist Belfast

Worth noting as well that Linfield failed to win the title in Northern Ireland last season, meaning they obviously arent in the draw.

Id imagine, given their, shall we say political leanings of their support that the authorities in Glasgow and Belfast would dread such a tie,imagine an Old Firm game but in the heart of loyalist Belfast

Not sure Crusaders is much better tbh

Legia Warsaw won the polish league and are in the Champions route of the qualifying process along with us.

I think we all know whats coming next

Legia Warsaw did not win the Polish league, Lech Poznan did #footballlost #diddums

Here is some accurate info about possible opponents (we can't draw Basel or Steaua for one thing because we'll definitely all be seeded).

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/9233585/9/

If we make the playoff round I'd personally fancy Maribor. They looked pretty poor last season - we were defeated by our own ineptitude and nerves more than anything else and hopefully the current Celtic side should be able to prove a point about their progress and put them out relatively comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

Scottish Premiership champions Celtic will start their 2015/16 Champions League campaign in the second qualifying round against Icelandic side Stjarnan, who beat Motherwell and Lech Poznan in last season's Europa League.

Dodgy tie there, seem a competent team

Scottish Premiership champions Celtic will start their 2015/16 Champions League campaign in the second qualifying round against Icelandic side Stjarnan, who beat Motherwell and Lech Poznan in last season's Europa League.

Dodgy tie there, seem a competent team

Looks pretty tough. Could've been a lot easier

Archived