No Man's Sky

Fide

• 2 weeks later...

My fears seem to be getting conformed. Absolutely stunning to look at but the gameplay basically being going from planet to planet and just finding new variations of the same things will get dull fast.

My fears seem to be getting conformed. Absolutely stunning to look at but the gameplay basically being going from planet to planet and just finding new variations of the same things will get dull fast.

Apparently there's also an over-arching central mission involving making your way to the centre of the galaxy.

Apparently there's also an over-arching central mission involving making your way to the centre of the galaxy.

I saw that but still unsure how it applies in the context of the overall play. If there's a good objective and feeling of progression then I'll dig it.

• 1 month later...

http://kotaku.com/sources-no-mans-sky-delayed-1778797365

Less than a month from release date, we have a delay it seems.

zo1gxrzhzpsqiyfxoadh.png

The ambitious space game No Man’s Sky has been delayed, two sources tell Kotaku. We don’t know exactly what the new release date is—and it may not be finalized yet—but we’re hearing it’s been bumped until at least July or August.

Developed by a small UK-based team called Hello Games, No Man’s Sky has been much hyped since it was revealed back in 2013, seeing extensive coverage everywhere from the Stephen Colbert show to The New Yorker. Last October, the developers announced that it’d be out in June of 2016, but that appears to have changed.

A reliable Kotaku source was the first to inform us of the delay. A second source, who works at GameStop, said they received marketing materials today for No Man’s Sky with the original June 21 release date. However, stores were informed that the release date is no longer correct and that they should cover it up with a “Coming Soon†label:

Advertisement

rtwhvk4w8p1t1ddy1udm.jpg
   q01l01ccvpmtpmqjz775.jpg

Sony and Hello Games did not respond to requests for comment by publication time.

:lol:

There speaketh Scotland's greatest X Box fanboy.

Considering I didn't even know it was a PS exclusive, I'm not really sure why that would have any relevance whatsoever even if it were true.

Notice it's you that's trying to turn the thread into this again? Fan boys tend to do that.

Edited by #Gary

Considering I didn't even know it was a PS exclusive, I'm not really sure why that would have any relevance whatsoever even if it were true.

Notice it's you that's trying to turn the thread into this again? Fan boys tend to do that.

Sure you didn't.

:1eye

Think it sounds like a great idea but looks like it could be one of the most boring games ever released. Reserving judgement (or trying to) until it comes out.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well. I just don't really know what the whole point of it actually is other than to discover plants and creatures and stuff.