Words that make you cross

Hilarious. A new favourite of many news websites is to pad them out with "hilarious" videos. "Watch this toddler's hilarious reaction as his mother pretends to put his new pet kitten in the waste disposal unit" or "Watch this hilarious video of some utter skip rat singing along to Olly Murs in his van". Almost certainly not hilarious.

'nice' - the dullest, blandest, word in the English language.

I can't even begin to imagine how intolerable the innermost thoughts of people who use that word must be. I mind being in a pub when Barca were playing and Neymar scored (another) exceptional goal and someone at the table who I barely knew said "that was a nice goal". I fucking snapped at the poor c**t and went right through him for it.

Nice..jpg

I can't even begin to imagine how intolerable the innermost thoughts of people who use that word must be. I mind being in a pub when Barca were playing and Neymar scored (another) exceptional goal and someone at the table who I barely knew said "that was a nice goal". I fucking snapped at the poor c**t and went right through him for it.

"The b*****ds have cut off my cancer medication because it costs too much and I'm going to die horribly."

"Nice."

post-59731-14333530101311_thumb.jpg

Tabloid words and phrases like 'yob' 'love romp' 'love rat' or describing foreign football teams as 'cracks' or sportspeople as 'aces'.

The overuse of histrionic words like 'vile' or 'disgusting' to describe things you personally dislike (particularly prevalent on here) annoys me.

Finally more of a spelling error than a word I dislike, but people using 'women' as a singular term (as in 'a women') disgusts me.

Edited by The OP

More a pronunciation issue, but folk who say 'sangwich' instead of 'sandwich' ought to be euthanised. There is not a fucking 'G' in sandwich. It's unbelievable how much this irritates me.

Guilty as charged. It seems I pronounce it that way, so I'm told, even though I don't actually mean to. Another cringe for me is when (usually English) people talk about supper when they mean a late tea. Supper means "with chips".

Faggot.

An absolutely horrible word for describing a homosexual. Genuinely infuriates me if I hear it used. I was watching a documentary about a fuckwit religious group (can't mind their name, it was a Louis Theroux documentary) and they were using it out loud and on picket boards. I was shocked at how emotional I got! Was literally screaming at the tv on more than one occasion.

Edited by 19QOS19

Faggot.

An absolutely horrible word for describing a homosexual. Genuinely infuriates me if I hear it used. I was watching a documentary about a fuckwit religious group (can't mind their name, it was a Louis Theroux documentary) and they were using it out loud and on picket boards. I was shocked at how emotional I got! Was literally screaming at the tv on more than one occasion.

Westboro (sp) Baptist Church