Words that make you cross

You see, I hate the word "cross". It's twee, home counties language used by the yummy mummy. I prefer to get mad.

I also hate the word "soccer". You're not a football fan if you call it soccer. It's English public school slang for Association Football as opposed to "rugger" for the other version. There were several people on the news talking about FIFA being soccer's governing body. Grrr.

So what gets your goat?

Vinegar for some reason. Horrible substance with an even more horrible word assigned to it.

Also more of an issue with the pronounciation than the word but people that say "Yogg-gurt" and not "Yohh-gurt" can get stuffed.

You see, I hate the word "cross". It's twee, home counties language used by the yummy mummy. I prefer to get mad.

I also hate the word "soccer". You're not a football fan if you call it soccer. It's English public school slang for Association Football as opposed to "rugger" for the other version. There were several people on the news talking about FIFA being soccer's governing body. Grrr.

So what gets your goat?

Rustlers.

obviously used as emphasis:

I hear it used quite a lot in answers to questions such as:

"Where were you on the 28th January?"

"I was obviously at home in bed"

No, It's not obvious you were at home in bed. By the look of you obviously you were out mugging old ladies.

sevco

Div should add it the list of censored words, but he won`t.

Give it a while; it'll be sectarian eventually too.

Until then, get a word filter on to replace all uses of 'Rangers' with 'Sevco' :thumsup2

Opprobrium - a word that should never be used on a football forum.

Except just this once.

This thread contains little or no offensive material, apart from four c***s, one clitoris, and a foreskin, and as they only occur in this post, you are past them now ^_^