Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really pisses me off when you get the odd Cowden youngster with a Norrie comment/chant, he was after all also a former Cowden player.

There is banter but some folk go too far ie the Norrie stuff and the shit that the Flamingo apparently got yesterday.

A few youngsters (never seen them at a Cowden game before) at the play off game v the Pars at Central started singing about Gas and McCathie, few of us got them telt and that he served Cowden too, but all we got in response was "but he became a Townie c**t" and they carried on. No place in football for they kind of chants.

So, we can't play Milne or Kane in a two man midfield. Don't disagree with that. Kane can sit in a three and Lewis can find time and space in a three. 4-4-2 has never worked for us during these last few seasons, and created little today. I always liked us going 3-5-2, but don't see how we can at present with the players we have. Also willing to give Hughes time, think it a bit unfair the criticism of him.

What does he contribute to the side? What sort of a player is he? He just seems to be on the field but doesn't actually do anything.

I thought CJ had an alright game yesterday. Not much end product but he wasn't scared to run at the Raith defence. For a player playing out of position, he is doing OK.

Maybe wasn't scared to run at the defence but I can't think of one single time he beat a man. I wouldn't even say his end product was poor because he didn't have a chance to deliver a final cross or get a shot away. General distribution was poor and isn't strong enough. Other than run fast, I've never seen him contribute anything any time I've seen him play.

Do you remember big Craig McFarlane who was part of the swap deal?

Aye :lol: I can remember him getting sent off in a reserve game with Aberdeen he had to get hauled off by the coach and the subs. The Pars got the better deal with that one!

Maybe wasn't scared to run at the defence but I can't think of one single time he beat a man. I wouldn't even say his end product was poor because he didn't have a chance to deliver a final cross or get a shot away. General distribution was poor and isn't strong enough. Other than run fast, I've never seen him contribute anything any time I've seen him play.

To be fair to the boy he hasn't had much starts, mostly token sub appearances last season.

Was away yesterday but reading the comments more creativity needed. Well you aren't going to get any from Kane or Johnstone as they don't have the composure or ability. However they can still play a part, likely from the bench. Hughes deserves some time and a run of games. You can see he can play a bit, needs to learn how to hurt teams more.

Need to get through next week, even if it's on penalties. Out 2 cups before the league starts is no good for the finances.

CJ is a striker. Tough to judge someone playing out of position. Would like to see hime play alongside Spence at somepoint.

Agree with this but he's unlikely to get the chance in a 4-4-2 when we have 3 other strikers. God forbid we go back to the so called 4-3-3 Jimmy arsed about with last season.

Someone has to fill in on the left while Kenny is out. CJ is stuck with it. The only other option is to drop Kane back into defence and go 5 across the middle with Mo or Kenny on the left. With Beaumont out we can't really do that either. ToB and Nat gave us a lot more flexibility to cover those positions. 1 game in and the lack of depth is showing with 2 key players out.

More depth needs more cash - simple equation

Unfortunately thats the price of relegation. I don't think we're a million miles away from having a decent squad. Another left sided player, preferably more atrack than defence minded. Another centre-mid, preferably a box to box one. If we don't have the funds for that then Callaghan/CJ/Miller have to up their game and do those roles. biggest worry for me is centre-mid. Until we get someone that can control a game in there i'll worry about us defensively.

More depth needs more cash - simple equation

I see that the bonus ball draw sold out, which is great, but how has the response to the Roof Fall Fund been? I see that my monthly contribution was taken from my bank account when I was away on holiday, so good to see it up and running now.

It really is a simple equation. If the club has more money then we have a chance of attracting players to the club. Whether they will be successful is another matter! Just need the support to back the fundraising schemes that are in place this season. I know people only have so much money, but if we want the club to be competitive then we need to try our best to help raise the extra income necessary. It truly is a team effort this season!

CJ is a striker for me so if we are gonna use him has to be there defo not a left winger has pace but doesn't have the trickery to beat a man diwn the wing an doesn't have tht strong a left peg.. Not a fan if Kane at all but never did much wrong on sat was a steady player in there for us.. Big Armstrong looks the important player for us this season thot he had a really good game sat if we can get good service to him he will score goals for us. On Hughes think he will come good for us lad can play like has been said needs to learn to hurt teams more but is a good player for me.. Young lad orrit looks quick an hopefully bulks up abit more but think in league 1 can be a dangerous player for us. Just have to also work hard on stopping giving stupid goals away like the one on sat was to easy for rovers to score.. Overall like ave said sat will be a view of how our team is gonna do this season keep el baktiouy or how ever his name is spelt an quiet an we could have a decent chance oh aye an cardle has one trick love a cut inside keep him on his left side an he will be easy to handle lol

Archived