Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

I was going into Central Park this afternoon and bumped into Alan MacKenzie, who older fans will remember playing for us at various times in the late 80s and 90s.

He now lives in Australia and popped into look at the old place whilst on a visit home.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it your barred from dafc.net then, but then again, who isn't. Remember the pars are a fan run club and everyone is equal but some are more equal than others it seems.

How much dosh is our beloved Provost trousering this season from you ?

No, i haven't been barred from dafc.net as i do not have an account there, so unlucky on that one chump.

The Cowden fans on here are great entertainment, all for the wrong reasons right enough, yet entertaining nonetheless.

I was going into Central Park this afternoon and bumped into Alan MacKenzie, who older fans will remember playing for us at various times in the late 80s and 90s.

He now lives in Australia and popped into look at the old place whilst on a visit home.

One of my favourite players

He brought Scott Burnside with him once when Swedish season ended, he was a no bad player as well

One of my favourite players

He brought Scott Burnside with him once when Swedish season ended, he was a no bad player as well

It was Finland they both played in Vince. Two good players it was good to see him he came up to me and said how's it going Andy I didn't recognise him at first :lol:

No, i haven't been barred from dafc.net as i do not have an account there, so unlucky on that one chump.

The Cowden fans on here are great entertainment, all for the wrong reasons right enough, yet entertaining nonetheless.

Cheers, always happy to help. I love reading dafc.net for the same reasons as you.

One of my all time favourite players "Paco" him and Sandy Ross a very decent pairing

Important question. Anywhere good to get grub at Central Park before the game? Even if it's just a burger van.

If you want a meal the Shimla Indian restaurant is outside the ground. For a snack there is a Stephens the bakers just across the road from the entrance on the High Street.

Quite good seeing him and having a chat. I knew all the guys from that era pretty well , quite chuffed that he still remembered my after almost 20 years :lol:

You are a legend Andy. How could he forget you?

Did he play in Australia? Is he a sumo now?

You are a legend Andy. How could he forget you?

Did he play in Australia? Is he a sumo now?

Nah he looks much the same as he did when he played, got a few grey hairs but haven't we all :lol: I said to him he could get a game for us , he's going to the Hibs game tomorrow however.

He played for Perth Glory and some other side which I can't mind the name off in the late 90s.

I always thought Alan Mckenzie was an excellent forward for us. No Peter Lamont like, but good to watch.

Peter replaced him after he went to the Rovers if I mind right we got £25k for him. Strange Cowden career Alan he was signed by John Clark as a young boy but didn't get much of a game before going to Berwick.

Done well however in between his spells in Finland then had a cameo season back at Central in the mid 90s when Tam Steven was the boss.

post-694-0-11662300-1437774726_thumb.jpg

He was superb when we won 5-0 at Bayview. Cowden destroyed East Fife that day - ran rings round them

My best memory of that day was Willie Broon wanting to have a square go with the Cowden fans who were asking him the score when we were 5 up.

Archived