Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Only a friendly mate playing against a team tht made more chances thn us an should have beat us comfortably and are a non league outfit. if you were there today an thot we could challenge with tht squad thn a dont get wht your seeing worrying times for me today fair enough it was a friendly but we start competitive games next week. How easy did thy get in behind our back four today?? Scary an really beggars belief how we have kept Chris Kane on tbh wouldnt have got a game for Edinburgh city today so should be no where near our squad. Hope these two loan signings get signed up an pull a couple of cracking loans out because we badly need thm indeed.. Or else we will get a pumping on sat of the rovers? Whts up with adamson btw why has he not been playing in pre season?? Plus notes today young lad muirhead looks promising an lad Donaldson looks a decent signing also.. Still need a tough tackler in midfield to let Mline an Hughes play but Kane is not the answer at all..

Don't tend to read too much into friendlies myself. Teams can have a cracking pre season then play guff when the serious stuff starts and vice versa.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't tend to read too much into friendlies myself. Teams can have a cracking pre season then play guff when the serious stuff starts and vice versa.

Agree. If you read too much into friendlies and you were a Rovers fan you'd be throwing yourself off the prom tonight.

Agree. If you read too much into friendlies and you were a Rovers fan you'd be throwing yourself off the prom tonight.

To be honest thats the worse we have played in the preseason games. Andrews has looked solid the games played so hope that we get him signed up asap. Other trialists would hope that we can get them on board.

To be honest thats the worse we have played in the preseason games. Andrews has looked solid the games played so hope that we get him signed up asap. Other trialists would hope that we can get them on board.

Think we can expect news on the signing front next week.

As others have said I wouldn't look too much into friendly results, games are about trying trialists out and trying out different line ups etc. The manager has more or less given everyone at the club a run out at sometime in the 3 games.

I wouldn't expect the team against the Rovers next week to be anything like the starting line up today. City are more than a decent side at the level they play at and I expected them to make decent effort of it this afternoon.

My recollection without checking up is that you can play up to two trialists in matches in Leagues One and Two plus in the 1st round of the Challenge Cup. Scottish and League Cups no trialists allowed. No trialist can play in more than 3 league games for a club

You are correct CC.

Ano it was a friendly lads an quite right it's only a friendly today. But only trialists today was our keeper today the rest is our full squad just about bar Beaumont an adamson just worried we haven't got enough dig and fight in our team just now can see us getting bullied alot.. Especially in centre mid.. Maybe sound pessimistic but it's the truth hopefully big nish can pull a few good signings out the bag this week.. Also big chopper can be doing with loosing a few pounds can't believe how chunky he looks lol think he needs some tips of big joe he looks the picture of health looks like he could easliy do a job for a team in league 2 still...

Yes it's a friendly but cowden should still be beating city even with city playing five at the back

can't say I noticed 5 at the back myself.. and Cowden had plenty of chances, they just couldn't hit a coo's bahoochie with a banjo...

Tbh Andrews hasn't done anything wrong pre season so far an made a couple of cracking saves yesterday with one on ones.. Wasn't keen on him to start with but can't complain how he has been playing so far tbf...

Why?

He was shite for us. Think the stats showed that we allowed the fewest shots on goal in the league but conceded the most. That was certainly the case at one point towards the end of the season. Nothing against our keepers personally, because both Bald and Andrews seemed like good guys, but both were out of their depth in league football Imo. The defence had no confidence in Andrews especially and all he seemed to do to try and speak to them was this weird fog horn type noise which made no difference atall.

I hope he does well tbh, because as I said, he seems like a good guy, but can't see it on last seasons evidence.

Well people whats the team shaping up like?...being miles away n getting no/little chance too see any reports on the friendly games what do you lot that watched think?..pre season results mean f**k all win lose or draw but can give you a idea on players ability/mindset/passion for whats too come, sorted a road trip in aug for the albion game..who should i be paying attention too ?

LOON-E

He was shite for us. Think the stats showed that we allowed the fewest shots on goal in the league but conceded the most. That was certainly the case at one point towards the end of the season. Nothing against our keepers personally, because both Bald and Andrews seemed like good guys, but both were out of their depth in league football Imo. The defence had no confidence in Andrews especially and all he seemed to do to try and speak to them was this weird fog horn type noise which made no difference atall.

I hope he does well tbh, because as I said, he seems like a good guy, but can't see it on last seasons evidence.

Made up stats are my favourite. A cursory glance at last seasons table shows you didn't concede the most in the league. Far from it. Feel free to post your evidence about you allowing fewest shots on goal though. I'm going to call bullshit on that as well though looking at the top two's goals against column.

Made up stats are my favourite. A cursory glance at last seasons table shows you didn't concede the most in the league. Far from it. Feel free to post your evidence about you allowing fewest shots on goal though. I'm going to call bullshit on that as well though looking at the top two's goals against column.

It was off the top of my head and I said at one point towards the end of the season. If you want the real stats that show how fuckin shite our keepers were, here you go.

post-673-14373231771773_thumb.jpg

Not sure those stats in isolation tell you too much - you can shut down opponents via defence and midfield and cut out for example more speculative long range efforts but your defence may be such that any real penetration to create a better goal chance saw the keeper left exposed. I also understood Berwick offered him a new deal

They obviously don't tell the whole story, but I did watch the majority of the games. I think any Berwick fan would tell you Andrews was a weak link once our first choice Bald left. And Bald was pretty shit too.

Archived