Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Nice to hear some positives before the season starts..might sound a bit mad coming from a United supporter that lives miles away from Cowdenbeath..but im buzzing too come visit and see a game..trip booked..roll on Aug :)

LOON-E

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Colin Nish gets the players on loan he mentioned last night - that would be exciting.

Mentioning them is great, but getting them is harder. If he does, then Colin Nish will have everyone on side. That should be a given anyway though. First time I've heard him speak and he came across as confident in what he hopes to achieve.

Mentioning the players he is after is a bit amateur hour.

These meetings are always the same fans leave with positivity but these guys can all talk the talk hence they are in the position they are.

This will all be forgotten if you are in the lower echelons of the league come January and there will be calls for his head.

These meetings are always the same fans leave with positivity but these guys can all talk the talk hence they are in the position they are.

This will all be forgotten if you are in the lower echelons of the league come January and there will be calls for his head.

Take your negativity back to your own team thread. There's a good chap.

You're obviously worried about being in the lower echelons of the league come January.

Aye, this.

When was the last time a group of fans left one of these meetings with anything other than a positive feeling?

What is new though is a manager revealing his signing targets, that's a bit different.

Aye, this.

When was the last time a group of fans left one of these meetings with anything other than a positive feeling?

What is new though is a manager revealing his signing targets, that's a bit different.

I agree.

If we do get these players then I will give the club/Nish huge credit. Until such times, we have what we've got which is still not a great deal.

It wasn't a meet the manager meeting though - it was a brief introduction of the new manager to the fans. He also answered a few queries including one re an assistant manager. It isn't that unusual for a manager to talk a little re signings and mention names - being open and honest isn't a bad thing per se. Too many folk though are slaves to some imaginary football conventions

I find it funnier that fans don't want to put the names up here in case someone else comes in and steals them. Pie and Bovril is not a scouting network and I'm sure if these loan signings are as exciting as made out then plenty clubs will already be aware of them.

It wasn't a meet the manager meeting though - it was a brief introduction of the new manager to the fans. He also answered a few queries including one re an assistant manager. It isn't that unusual for a manager to talk a little re signings and mention names - being open and honest isn't a bad thing per se. Too many folk though are slaves to some imaginary football conventions

What's his view on having an assistant, David?

I find it funnier that fans don't want to put the names up here in case someone else comes in and steals them. Pie and Bovril is not a scouting network and I'm sure if these loan signings are as exciting as made out then plenty clubs will already be aware of them.

Exciting in League 1 terms. We're not talking about seasoned international players! I'm sure a few clubs will be after them. They're not exclusive to us.

Odd how other teams fans feign disinterest but they are the ones wanting to see names named.

Colin said his key task had been getting the players resigned and of course the other couple of signings he has made. In the last week he has been looking at the assistant manager post and has a couple of people in mind. He was looking for someone who wasn't just the same as himself in background, approach and outlook as there was no point in just having a mirror image yes man. Someone with a bit of experience might be good given he was new to a managerial role. Budget and availability of course were pertinent factors

Odd how other teams fans feign disinterest but they are the ones wanting to see names named.

Colin said his key task had been getting the players resigned and of course the other couple of signings he has made. In the last week he has been looking at the assistant manager post and has a couple of people in mind. He was looking for someone who wasn't just the same as himself in background, approach and outlook as there was no point in just having a mirror image yes man. Someone with a bit of experience might be good given he was new to a managerial role. Budget and availability of course were pertinent factors

Ta.Interesting and encouraging.

I'll start putting out updates from last night's meeting in a little while. Rather than 1 huge email, I'll probably send a few short messages relating to all that was discussed. It's now time for the hard work to begin, for all at the club, along with the fans

#KeepBackingTheBlueBrazil

Herd nish said he would get defo one of the targets he was after so lets hope he is right an not just all talk thn if we got thm all our season a feel would be cracking an exciting an we would defo be challenging thts for sure trust nish so lets hope the big man can pull it of.

Maltese Premier League goal machine Dene Shields has signed for Brechin. Be interesting to see what he's like as a player now.

The standard of football in Malta doesn't look up to much :

bloody hell :o .please tell me the goalie in pink at the start isn't a signing target!

Archived