Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

It's a good chance for these young lads to really break into the first team - I wouldnt have thought they will play much football (unless they go out on loan) so it's a great chacne for them.

No issues with these lads being given a chance and the fans will definitely give them time. Rather them than overpaid tosh than are going no where in their careers.

Chance for Liam Callaghan to break through as well? His trial with Birmingham seems a long time ago now.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What under 20 squad? We had an under-20 Development team last season - we wont have one this season

That's what I meant. Was it a requirement when playing in the Championship?

Before signing up here..i only used to read match reports/get results/news from tv/papers and had it set in my head we,d be looking straight at challenging too come back up...reading here i may have been a bit optimistic?? :(

Are the youth team/developement players not worth a crack?, finacially its gotta make sense..and didnt do United any harm with the class of 92 :guntoting

Buzzing that ive got a date too come take in a game and see for meself ..roll on aug :thumsup2

LOON-E

Chance for Liam Callaghan to break through as well? His trial with Birmingham seems a long time ago now.

Chance but it won't happen. He's not good enough.

Nothing worse than fans going 'who could we sign that's better and cheaper'. It's not our job to sign better players. I could list 20+ players that I think we could have signed that would be better than Kane, what would that achieve.

Yes but such a list is worthless because it has no real grasp of the wages, player's requirements and priorities, personalities, and so on. It is just a list of players who you personally think are better than another in some way which may or may not be a correct assessment - not shaped at all by any of the other factors that come into play when you are dealing with actuality.

Yes but such a list is worthless because it has no real grasp of the wages, player's requirements and priorities, personalities, and so on. It is just a list of players who you personally think are better than another in some way which may or may not be a correct assessment - not shaped at all by any of the other factors that come into play when you are dealing with actuality.

Correct sir. Folk think aww he's good and would do well for us. A hundred questions should be asked before signing a player.a lot boils down to cash though. Certain players have played for us and been superb but not so good elsewhere and vice versa! It's down to systems.tactics and how the manger sets a team out to play I hate the cliche aww get the ball down Cowden n pass! There's a formula and a way of doing that but it needs good coaching and players to fulfil roles in team build up play etc etc.

Sadly wee Craig Wighton signed up 6 month loan at Raith. A player we were supposed to get last summer. We have really missed talent on the ball since Greg left. Even if its not consistent, it's still good to see someone with real skill.

That's what I meant. Was it a requirement when playing in the Championship?

Its optional in the championship to have a 20s side , you have to have one in the Premiership. I heard that the Rovers are also not fielding a 20s side this season.

Cowdenbeath FC - Open Meeting for Fans

All Cowdenbeath fans are invited to an open meeting at Central Park on Thursday 2 July 2015 at 7pm. This effectively is the culmination of the recent series of discussions and meetings between the club and its fans. The meeting will be co-hosted by fans' representatives and club officials. It is vital that as many fans as possible come along and actively participate as we look to take Cowdenbeath FC forward with an enhanced level of fan/club involvement. Please do come along and play your part - let's see a big turnout of all those who have the club's interests at heart.

The meeting will be kicked off by the introduction of Colin Nish, the club's new manager, who will share some of his initial thoughts on taking up his role prior to heading off to take a squad training session. Thereafter, the Agenda will include the formal launch of the new Supporters Council which is being established by the fans of Cowdenbeath FC and the launch of Roof Fall, a major new initiative by supporters to aid Cowdenbeath FC.

All Cowdenbeath fans are invited to an open meeting at Central Park on Thursday 2 July 2015 at 7pm. This effectively is the culmination of the recent series of discussions and meetings between the club and its fans. The meeting will be co-hosted by fans' representatives and club officials. It is vital that as many fans as possible come along and actively participate as we look to take Cowdenbeath FC forward with an enhanced level of fan/club involvement. Please do come along and play your part - let's see a big turnout of all those who have the club's interests at heart.

The meeting will be kicked off by the introduction of Colin Nish, the club's new manager, who will share some of his initial thoughts on taking up his role prior to heading off to take a squad training session. Thereafter, the Agenda will include the formal launch of the new Supporters Council which is being established by the fans of Cowdenbeath FC and the launch of Roof Fall, a major new initiative by supporters to aid Cowdenbeath FC.

Nice one. Let's get a bit of momentum going now and back the club as much as we can. Everyone can play a part at some level.

Really looking forward to this and I hope we get a massive turnout.

Can I still get in even if I am a bit late? I will finish my work in Livingston at 6.20pm, so if I drive so fast, I will be able to get there on time, but if the traffic is busy or if drivers front of me drive too slow, I may be late...

BTW, I got my season ticket and a sponsorship today :thumsup2

Archived