Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

From what I heard what Dougie was looking for he was well out of our price range.

We are now seeing the true price of relegation you can only buy what you can afford.

If we had the cash then we could have made Dougie an offer. He might still have chosen to play at a higher level though. Thing is we just can't compete at wage level of the Championship clubs and probably most of the League 1 clubs. If we could Magic the £200k to fill the black hole in the clubs finances due to relegation we would be up there competing for the better players.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't say imaginary CC an opinion mate eh thts all ask the majority of cowden fans thy would tell you the same Kane an scullion would not be on there wish list to keep FACT.. Lets hope Kane an scullion will be bench warmers thn..

Blueminer the penny has dropped for us all mate the fact we don't have alot to spend on players Is known by all just an opinion tht we should not be wasting wages on players such as Chris Kane like ave said am sure the majority of cowden fans would agree. The lad isn't a footballer at all you ever saw him have a good game in a cowden shirt??

Blueminer the penny has dropped for us all mate the fact we don't have alot to spend on players Is known by all just an opinion tht we should not be wasting wages on players such as Chris Kane like ave said am sure the majority of cowden fans would agree. The lad isn't a footballer at all you ever saw him have a good game in a cowden shirt??

He had a good game when we won 2-1 at Dumbarton last season.

There probably are better players out there, but trying to attract them to play for Cowden on what we're offering is the issue. I wasn't saying it was a great move to have CK signing back on, but it's not a shock that he has. All we can hope for is that he can do a job at League 1 level compared to the Championship. He might not cut it even at that level, but we'll just have to hope he can when he's in the team.

Wouldn't say imaginary CC an opinion mate eh thts all ask the majority of cowden fans thy would tell you the same Kane an scullion would not be on there wish list to keep FACT.. Lets hope Kane an scullion will be bench warmers thn..

Might not be on the wish list but throw out some names of players to fill those positions for the same money. Rumour is Scullion is on hee-haw so can sign for as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Kane has had some decent games for Cowdenbeath. Not last season but then who did. He'll probably do OK at this level.

Would like to hear realistic suggestions of who we can sign in our price range better than what we've got.

This was before Nakamura played.

Then who wanted to watch the derby???

I found Central Fife Times last weeks' one at last. It mentioned the training will start from this Sat 27th Jun. I did not know they train Sat too, as I thought Premierships are Mon - Fri and Championships are Tue and Thur????

A few players a can think of of the top of my head tht are a better wage thn Chris Kane would be you have Jonathan tiffoney sure he is still a free agent lad Ryan finnie young player been with rangers was at Hamilton last season.. Maybe Luca gasparatto again with rangers doubt he will get game time with thm.. An a cheeky punt on a young lad ex townie Finn graham think his name is saw him play a few times an looked a classy wee player.. All players am sure we could have a cheeky shot at tht are better thn Kane. As said above forgot about the game at dumbo one good game he has had worth talking about enough said.. Scullion playing for nothing if it ever got confirmed by a board member thn a would believe it until thn jury is still out for me about tht..

A few players a can think of of the top of my head tht are a better wage thn Chris Kane would be you have Jonathan tiffoney sure he is still a free agent lad Ryan finnie young player been with rangers was at Hamilton last season.. Maybe Luca gasparatto again with rangers doubt he will get game time with thm.. An a cheeky punt on a young lad ex townie Finn graham think his name is saw him play a few times an looked a classy wee player.. All players am sure we could have a cheeky shot at tht are better thn Kane. As said above forgot about the game at dumbo one good game he has had worth talking about enough said.. Scullion playing for nothing if it ever got confirmed by a board member thn a would believe it until thn jury is still out for me about tht..

I'm surprised Finn Graham was released by the Pars, but AJ decided to have a mass clear out! If he is still without a club then he would be of definite interest.

Signing nobody would have been a better use of resources than offering him a new deal.

I would be surprised if Kane was particularly cheap anyway. I'm sure his wage would bring a tear to a glass eye.

It's lazy to offer him a deal purely because he was already at the club.

Well CC not the money man at cowden dont no wht CK is on a week got called out on naming players tht would be better thn him for the wage he was earning so of course it's gonna be guess work and an opinion of mine about wages etc as muzz says a lazy option for me an a disappointing one he has signed an thts tht.. Hope the lad jack Beaumont is a player for us next season. Hope we are keeping young lads like Kyle Mitchell an jack wright at the club have cracking potential hope thy aren't getting binned because of us not having a 20 side next year..

It's a good chance for these young lads to really break into the first team - I wouldnt have thought they will play much football (unless they go out on loan) so it's a great chacne for them.

No issues with these lads being given a chance and the fans will definitely give them time. Rather them than overpaid tosh than are going no where in their careers.

Archived