Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Horrendous how Brechin who were 10 points a couple of weeks ago behind us now sit one point from us

Forfar obviously played us of the park 38 percent possession 4 shows on goal against 17 is shocking.

Dunfermline up next and I would bet you we are sitting bottle of the table next Saturday at this time.

Not good enough 5 points from 11 games is diabolical in this league is an insult to the fans and board who work hard for this club.

Well done to brechin who seem to be well drilled to fight for survival.

I would take a punt on Calderwood right now just until the end of the season.

Enough said

Looks like I was right in my bet unfortunately.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 weeks til league finished. Bit late for a new manager. With the wave of a wand turn Nish's signings into a better team?

Don't know about Al but he clearly can't get the best out of the players.Alloa appointed a manager late last season and it paid of for them.

League Two could finish the club

It's a shame for Nish as it's not working for him but I am putting the club first as managers come and go

Horrendous how Brechin who were 10 points a couple of weeks ago behind us now sit one point from us

Forfar obviously played us of the park 38 percent possession 4 shows on goal against 17 is shocking.

Dunfermline up next and I would bet you we are sitting bottle of the table next Saturday at this time.

Not good enough 5 points from 11 games is diabolical in this league is an insult to the fans and board who work hard for this club.

Well done to brechin who seem to be well drilled to fight for survival.

I would take a punt on Calderwood right now just until the end of the season.

Enough said

Too late. Calderwood?????? You really are clueless.

Calderwood (short term) would not have been a bad shout. I remember him getting Ross County out of trouble a few years back. It is too late now and a change would have been made by now. Next 3 games will most likely be nil points so time to worry.

It stands to reason,IMO,that most managers with a wealth of experience, would stand a decent chance of keeping them up. Especially those who have successfully negotiated a relegation dogfight. Unfortunately, Colin doesn't have that. It's been a baptisim of fire for a rookie manager. It's not as if he acquired a settled squad, he pretty much had to build it from scratch,only to have the heart ripped out of it halfway through the season, just as the team were beginning to put a decent run of results together. So, best of luck to whoever is in charge for the rest of the season. It's not going to be easy.

Forfar hardly played us off the park - possession and statistics don't tell all the story. If those stats were reversed and I came on here claiming they proved we deserved to win I'd be shot down in flames and told the only stat that matters was 1-1. I would hesitate also to draw any firm conclusions from a match I wasn't at. Again there are seven games to go not three or just one and if your goal is to stay up then there is only one moment in time when the League table as they say doesn't lie - at the end of the season. Position doesn't matter much next week or the week after but it does 7 weeks hence. Last year we were third bottom on the last day - what did that mean? Nothing at all. It wasn't great today but we got a point away from home. Always expected that Brechin would put a run together happens all the time. Yes we have to play the top 3 but so do Forfar and Brechin play the top two plus both Cowden and Forfar (on the last day).

Glad I was working overtime and missed this.

I wasn't at the game but the stats don't give me much confidence if a team who is second bottom is able to have 17 shots against us and we only have 4 it does not look encouraging before we play our next three games.

Peterhead and Dunfermline may score a bundle against us.

Don't know what the answer is well I kind of do but we have to continue to back the team through thick and thin. However If we get relegated it will set the club back years.

Too late. Calderwood?????? You really are clueless.

I see you are coming up with the solutions as usual Lawro. If only you were.Never too late if you bring someone in with a track record of saving a club from relegation.Always a gamble though just like backing Nish is a gamble as if he is successful in keeping us up he has technically done a good job financial for the club as we didn't forecast the Rangers windfall

I see you are coming up with the solutions as usual Lawro. If only you were.Never too late if you bring someone in with a track record of saving a club from relegation.Always a gamble though just like backing Nish is a gamble as if he is successful in keeping us up he has technically done a good job financial for the club as we didn't forecast the Rangers windfall

Not so sure how much of a windfall it was.

Let's say we stay up but obviously the townies go up replaced by Alloa. Might be that the Rangers game money replaces the gate receipts from the townie games next season and along with spent on other things invetween by then it's gone .

Just a guess mind.

Signing an injured player with only a few games left to save our season?

He could play on Saturday and be a key player for the run in.  How many decent centre backs were available and wanting to come to us? 

Archived