Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of team are we putting out in the development league? We are losing every game and now near the bottom of the league.

I believe that four of our modern apprentices are currently injured so we have been fielding quite a few trialists in recent DL games.

Not sure of the teams make up yet but they had 4 first team guys in the U20's team Tuesday past. Lost 2-0 to Stenny. Game was pretty even on balance of play but they had no bite up front. It was ma laddies second game, first full game, he signed 2 weeks ago along with 1 or 2 others, his second spell here now. Lads are coming from all areas to play in this team do its not like they can't bring youngsters in, it's all about the calibre though

Heard from a good source very good source who has very good connections with the club in the past that the current manager takes nothing to do with the 20s those young apprentices who are in during the week never see him and all they do is clean the place no football never involved with the young ones his exact words was probably not even no there names find that hard to believe when your struggling as a team

Heard from a good source very good source who has very good connections with the club in the past that the current manager takes nothing to do with the 20s those young apprentices who are in during the week never see him and all they do is clean the place no football never involved with the young ones his exact words was probably not even no there names find that hard to believe when your struggling as a team

Ah well.

Are you Keith Wright? Are you bitter that "highly rated youth Jack Wright" was released?

I don't know why we employ a cleaner then if we have all these lads on the job. Talk about putting a spin on things - love these very good sources who used to have good connections with the club as you can rely on them for an unbiased view. The managers job is based on the first team - there is a separate under 20 coach who liaises/reports to the manager/relevant Director. Any Modern Apprentice signing is approved by the manager and it is his decision who is offered contracts on expiry of apprenticeships or called up from 20's. Thus he has recently signed Harvey Swann and Ryan McDonald on pro contracts plus brought Jamie Sneddon as a Modern Apprentice in to be first choice goalkeeper. At most clubs I know the 1st team manager isn't directly involved with the youths on a regular basis.

Was it a very, very good source? Or, a very, very, very good source? If not, I don't believe it.

Colin Nish was at the game between Stenny and Cowden U20's last Tuesday. I was there as my laddie was playing. He has the craic with the young guys. They have East Stirling at Bannockburn High school Monday night.

Archived