Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

As regards last season - in my view calling for the manager to go after we lost in our 5th league game away at Hibs by 3-2 due to an injury time winner only created division and damage - and thus we can all learn differing lessons from last season.

I'm sorry CC, but I wish no disrespect. I am willing to say that, in my opinion, Jimmy's stewardship was the principal reason why we did not stay in the championship. I called his management into question in regards to the league results reasonably early doors, notwithstanding the opposition. His tactical acumen thereafter and his wasteful signings i will leave to others to comment on, but in my view he was primarily responsible for our demise and all I would ask for is that you make the same brave on-field decisions now as you are making off it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry CC, but I wish no disrespect. I am willing to say that, in my opinion, Jimmy's stewardship was the principal reason why we did not stay in the championship. I called his management into question in regards to the league results reasonably early doors, notwithstanding the opposition. His tactical acumen thereafter and his wasteful signings i will leave to others to comment on, but in my view he was primarily responsible for our demise and all I would ask for is that you make the same brave on-field decisions now as you are making off it.

There is no need for brave or cowardly decisions rather you try and make well thought out decisions based on a multitude of factors which are not all always fully known to everyone. Sacking a manager is no more a brave decision than not sacking a manager when a faction wants him out. Yes the manager ultimately carries the can and rightly so for last season. But I have spoken to many fans personally since then re my dismay re the damage done by other agendas last season. However I am not going over old ground again. But 2014/15 situation has no relevance to now

Any news as to when the toilets and tannoy will be fixed for us unwashed plebs on the terracing? We are used to having to bake our own half-time pies but some of my fellow supporters need to pee due to over consumption of shandy and don't have the hearing of a Pipistrelle bat to pick up the 50\50 half-time ticket result.

Thanks in advance.

Have sympathy for the manager, as to lose Murdoch and Smith when playing really well is a massive blow. Against Ayr those two along with Greig and Deano blitzed the away side in our most exciting attacking display for ages. After a horrible start I feel Nish has actually done well and no one was arguing about the players he has brought in. We were awful against Stranraer the other week and had a different looking side yesterday which improved after the manager made a couple of changes in fact..obviously don't agree with everything about the side or formations the manager plays at times, ( certainly didn't like our centre back pairing yesterday ) but with our resources I feel overall he is doing not too badly... for me we are in a completely different situation from last season, when we all knew Jimmy was relegating the side. I have no such fears for the rest of the season ahead.

After a shit start to the season when we looked a shambles I was in the Nish out camp. He's turned results around since then and has done OK. Win our games in hand and we're in the mix for fourth. Lose them and we're flirting with relegation though.

I think we've looked a rotten team since losing Murdoch though and fear that he was the difference.

Have sympathy for the manager, as to lose Murdoch and Smith when playing really well is a massive blow. Against Ayr those two along with Greig and Deano blitzed the away side in our most exciting attacking display for ages. After a horrible start I feel Nish has actually done well and no one was arguing about the players he has brought in. We were awful against Stranraer the other week and had a different looking side yesterday which improved after the manager made a couple of changes in fact..obviously don't agree with everything about the side or formations the manager plays at times, ( certainly didn't like our centre back pairing yesterday ) but with our resources I feel overall he is doing not too badly... for me we are in a completely different situation from last season, when we all knew Jimmy was relegating the side. I have no such fears for the rest of the season ahead.

Great post! :thumsup2

Nishy will make a good team. He lost two excellent players at the same time and has to build another good team with limited budget.

This is a joke but I guess their training ground is no good as there is no roof and the pitch is not very big :thumbsdown Everytime I go there for working, I get abuse from Pars supporters...

After a shit start to the season when we looked a shambles I was in the Nish out camp. He's turned results around since then and has done OK. Win our games in hand and we're in the mix for fourth. Lose them and we're flirting with relegation though.

I think we've looked a rotten team since losing Murdoch though and fear that he was the difference.

It was always going to happen. Some fans seem blind to the fact that we were improving because of a few loan players, one in particular. Soon as they leave it all goes pear shaped.

We can only hope that our new loans quickly gel and stop the slide.

Sadly, we are back to creating next to no goal chances again.

Any news as to when the toilets and tannoy will be fixed for us unwashed plebs on the terracing? We are used to having to bake our own half-time pies but some of my fellow supporters need to pee due to over consumption of shandy and don't have the hearing of a Pipistrelle bat to pick up the 50\50 half-time ticket result.

Thanks in advance.

The sort of issues that could have been raised via the Supporters Council - but they got absolutely minimal feedback re issues to discuss with the club

To be fair , operational toilets should be a minimum requirement from the stadium owners and not something fans should have to raise.

Reduce the rent payments might sort it?

Well there are of course other operational toilets in the ground. Alternatively we could solve any such problem by just using the stands for most games. Reducing rent payments is all very well but what happens then when the rolling lease annually comes up for renewal the owners can refuse to renew and the club will then fail to meet SFA licensing standards and SPFL regulations re ground tenure which would be a much greater problem.

At the meeting with the Supporters Council 3 days ago we advised that relationship with owners was currently pretty good and we had now established a constructive, better dialogue plus we advised Supporters Council re current rent position plus any other matters they had queries about.

At the meeting with the Supporters Council 3 days ago we advised that relationship with owners was currently pretty good and we had now established a constructive, better dialogue plus we advised Supporters Council re current rent position plus any other matters they had queries about.

Its good to hear that the club currently has a good relationship with the owners it can only be good for both parties in the long run,

Its good to hear that the club currently has a good relationship with the owners it can only be good for both parties in the long run,

By some miracle, getting shot of the owners would be good for both parties in the long run. Unrealistic at the moment though for obvious reasons.

To be fair , operational toilets should be a minimum requirement from the stadium owners and not something fans should have to raise.

Reduce the rent payments might sort it?

We will just have to wait until the Stockie season starts until the bogs get sorted. The owners certainly are good at taking the piss.

Load of crap. What happens when townies come? Everyone to go to the stand at half time for a piss?

Interesting point, for games with no segregation I can see where CC is coming from but any game that is segregated there's going to be issues.

Are the stock cars up and running by the 19th of March? Poor show from the owners of the ground (Brewsters?) again.

Interesting point, for games with no segregation I can see where CC is coming from but any game that is segregated there's going to be issues.

Are the stock cars up and running by the 19th of March? Poor show from the owners of the ground (Brewsters?) again.

They start the week before.

Archived