Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy Calderwood used to joke about how much of a hard time he got from the young Colin Nish, demanding to be played ahead of the old duffers Crawford and Brewster. Sounds like being the gaffer will suit his ego, plus he'll be a formidable player down here.

a formidable player down here.

Steady on. He's big but he's not really powerful, falls down quite a lot. He'll still be effective in this league but his style can be fairly easy to stifle. Consistency isn't his strong point either.

Steady on. He's big but he's not really powerful, falls down quite a lot. He'll still be effective in this league but his style can be fairly easy to stifle. Consistency isn't his strong point either.

Sorry - I meant what Poet o t M says - he'll definitely score against us!

Utterly laughable how people are looking into how he did with an under 20s team as a guidance to how he'll do as a manager.

First and foremost he should score a few goals in this league and always good to give young manager's a chance.

Wedderburn being announced tomorrow as Raith latest signing apparently

Had a good first season with us but was awful last season. Terrible in the air and sclaffed more clearances than i care to remember. No other outfield player was any better though.

Does have potential and deceptively quick for his size. Seems to be going backwards though.

Genuinely looking forward to the season. As much as relegation hurt and the way the season went, I'm happy to be able to share the terracing with opposing supporters again. Even if the game was shite, there would usually be a bit of banter flying around to keep people amused. Enforced segregation meant that us Cowden supporters spent the entire season bemoaning what we were witnessing without anybody near us to rub it in.

f**k segregation and f**k The Rangers.

I still hope we go back up but at this moment in time, I'd be DELIGHTED with a promotion playoff place.

Had a good first season with us but was awful last season. Terrible in the air and sclaffed more clearances than i care to remember. No other outfield player was any better though.

Does have potential and deceptively quick for his size. Seems to be going backwards though.

Tad harsh I think. I actually feel that Nat had a few good games prior to his injury at the end of the season. Tell me one player who didn't go backwards under our previous manager ?

If true then that is a good signing for rovers. I had heard a Premiership side has offered him a deal which I was surprised at - Championship is his level just now.

Disappointed that he has gone, but a good player, much better than Rory. We'll take Hill as a swap!

Amazing how a player isn't so good any more when he leaves. if he had been fit for our last game things might have turned out differently.

Wedderburn was overrated. No where near as commanding in the air as a man of his size should be and often careless in possession.

I echo CowdenLoyal's thoughts on the season. Last season was my least enjoyable both on and off the park.

Wedderburn was overrated. No where near as commanding in the air as a man of his size should be and often careless in possession.

I echo CowdenLoyal's thoughts on the season. Last season was my least enjoyable both on and off the park.[/quote

Never has a season promised so much and given us so little.

Must have been some of the mutants on Cowdenbeath high street applied for the job if Colin fucking Nish was the best candidate. Looks like an absolute nuclear holocaust of an appointment.

Calm doon, Poet. In your more lucid moments, doesn't that comparison seem, well, a little excessive?

Wedderburn was ok. He could be great sometimes and error prone at others.

I would definitely have kept him if it was an option. Supposedly ICT and QoS were interested in him. He would have had to up his game to play with either of those two.

I would take McKeown back with Hill (though not on big money).

Chopper and Kenny both signed on for an other year today

Always believed Chopper would stay, would be surprised but delighted if Darren signs to play alongside John... Couldn't really imagine Kenny anywhere else than us.

Archived