Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone going to the game tonight v Berwick Rangers? I hope someone sends the updates of the game here or somewhere as I cannot Central Park again as I am working till 9.30pm ... s***

This is a development league game and there are usually updates via the clubs twitter site.

How did we play against Airdrie? The match thread seems to have gone :unsure2: .

I think with the site being down for the majority of the weekend and the fact that we are very disappointed with how our season is currently going will be a factor.

On paper we have what should be a very good squad at this level but we have massive problems defensively of which we have had for numerous seasons.

The following all comes down to money and everyone has to play their part and try and help with the number of activitys to support Cowdenbeath FC but we need the following in my opinion.

1. A real leader on the park

2. An experienced or high prospect goalkeeper

3. An Assistant Manager - Preferably someone who can mentor Nish who isn't really interested in a manager role but has the experience of mentoring a young manager.

The following is not negativity or anti manager material but my own personal opinion for someone who only has the club at heart - If we get beat on Saturday and then the following Saturday against Forfar, then there are ? marks against the actual players ability as a unit and regrettably in my opinion Nish should consider mutually leaving the club as 5 straight defeats at League One level is unacceptable and relegation material.

If it was damaging for the club to be relegated to League One then I cannot begin to imagine the disastrous effects to our club if we are relegated to League Two. If we have learned anything from last season we will not put the club in that position standing by watching it unfold in front of our eyes and that's coming from someone who defended JN to the hilt last season right to the very end, well almost.

For now though I am sure we will all continue to support and get behind Nish and I hope Nish as a manager has made it explicitly clear what is expected of the team this season and Nish can learn from this disappointing start as a manager and be a much better manager for it. The players though for me need to have a hard look at themselves also and play for the jersey something that was lacking last season and lacking this season also.

There is no doubt that It isn't easy for Nish managing a club with such a low budget and fan base but this board has done an extremely good job of giving him a half decent squad to play with i.e Buchanan and Murdoch.

If Nish and the players don't get it right soon, I have my own fears of losing the best Chairman/board this club has probably ever and will probably ever will have.

Time for Nish and the players to stand up and be counted and start climbing the league table. Two consecutive wins and we are right back in the promotion playoff mix.

As I have stated this is not an Anti Nish statement as I genuinely hope he can do it and have a long successful career in football as a manager and no one should be shouting any abuse at him at future games like a couple of weeks ago. I am only expressing my honest opinion/fears for our club and it is vital everyone at least continues to get involved in at least something i.e 100 Club/Roofall/Hospitality events etc.

On a positive note for Nish he has been able to assemble a team who look very threatening going forward and I hear we played well on Saturday and probably unfortunate not to take anything but we are very weak at the back and perhaps an Assistant who has been a defender might be the answer to help in this area.

Nish and the players have the ability to turn our misfortunes around so lets see it on Saturday against Peterhead and shout some encouragement to the team.

Do these things all come down to money? We had a much bigger squad and bigger budget last year and were closer to getting relegated than to getting promoted.

There seems to be a trend of young managers not doing basic stuff like playing guys in their natural position, having tactics everyone understands, and picking players on merit. They seem to develop a 'philisophy' instead of just being a manager and managing the team in a fashion that will bring results.

I think with the site being down for the majority of the weekend and the fact that we are very disappointed with how our season is currently going will be a factor.

On paper we have what should be a very good squad at this level but we have massive problems defensively of which we have had for numerous seasons.

The following all comes down to money and everyone has to play their part and try and help with the number of activitys to support Cowdenbeath FC but we need the following in my opinion.

1. A real leader on the park

2. An experienced or high prospect goalkeeper

3. An Assistant Manager - Preferably someone who can mentor Nish who isn't really interested in a manager role but has the experience of mentoring a young manager.

The following is not negativity or anti manager material but my own personal opinion for someone who only has the club at heart - If we get beat on Saturday and then the following Saturday against Forfar, then there are ? marks against the actual players ability as a unit and regrettably in my opinion Nish should consider mutually leaving the club as 5 straight defeats at League One level is unacceptable and relegation material.

If it was damaging for the club to be relegated to League One then I cannot begin to imagine the disastrous effects to our club if we are relegated to League Two. If we have learned anything from last season we will not put the club in that position standing by watching it unfold in front of our eyes and that's coming from someone who defended JN to the hilt last season right to the very end, well almost.

For now though I am sure we will all continue to support and get behind Nish and I hope Nish as a manager has made it explicitly clear what is expected of the team this season and Nish can learn from this disappointing start as a manager and be a much better manager for it. The players though for me need to have a hard look at themselves also and play for the jersey something that was lacking last season and lacking this season also.

There is no doubt that It isn't easy for Nish managing a club with such a low budget and fan base but this board has done an extremely good job of giving him a half decent squad to play with i.e Buchanan and Murdoch.

If Nish and the players don't get it right soon, I have my own fears of losing the best Chairman/board this club has probably ever and will probably ever will have.

Time for Nish and the players to stand up and be counted and start climbing the league table. Two consecutive wins and we are right back in the promotion playoff mix.

As I have stated this is not an Anti Nish statement as I genuinely hope he can do it and have a long successful career in football as a manager and no one should be shouting any abuse at him at future games like a couple of weeks ago. I am only expressing my honest opinion/fears for our club and it is vital everyone at least continues to get involved in at least something i.e 100 Club/Roofall/Hospitality events etc.

On a positive note for Nish he has been able to assemble a team who look very threatening going forward and I hear we played well on Saturday and probably unfortunate not to take anything but we are very weak at the back and perhaps an Assistant who has been a defender might be the answer to help in this area.

Nish and the players have the ability to turn our misfortunes around so lets see it on Saturday against Peterhead and shout some encouragement to the team.

We have been ulucky in games against Stranraer and Airdrie but for different reasons we've had to use players who wouldn't be first choice. Even on Saturday. If Chopper can get himself fit again we will give anyone in this league a game.

Wasn't that long ago we were looking at Dods for the job, well we all know what's happened at Brechin.

We have a hard game on Saturday and will need a strong centre half to play against the best striker in the league.

It's all going to work out in the end.

We have been ulucky in games against Stranraer and Airdrie but for different reasons we've had to use players who wouldn't be first choice. Even on Saturday. If Chopper can get himself fit again we will give anyone in this league a game.

Wasn't that long ago we were looking at Dods for the job, well we all know what's happened at Brechin.

We have a hard game on Saturday and will need a strong centre half to play against the best striker in the league.

It's all going to work out in the end.

Agree that we have been very unlucky but its a results a business and hopefully some luck will start going our way soon.

Peterhead might be a difficult challenge but we need to take all 3 points which will hopefully provide some confidence to Nish and the rest of the team.

In terms of Chopper, I really hope his fitness improves as he would be a huge asset in our defence otherwise if not then he is completely a waste of a wage this season.

IMO we are scoring goals so we are getting the ball forwards, it's really just the defending that needs sorted out which is considerably better than last season when we were weak all over the park.

No idea how we sort it but I am sure those involve have it as the number one priority.

It's Bush's first job so he has no experience that is not his fault and if there is no one to assist with experience then there is going to be a lot of trial and error.

Personally I will give him all season to show progress.

IMO we are scoring goals so we are getting the ball forwards, it's really just the defending that needs sorted out which is considerably better than last season when we were weak all over the park.

No idea how we sort it but I am sure those involve have it as the number one priority.

It's Bush's first job so he has no experience that is not his fault and if there is no one to assist with experience then there is going to be a lot of trial and error.

Personally I will give him all season to show progress.

Agreed.

This season should be about staying in the division whilst bringing some youngsters through and allowing the manager to cut his teeth. Patience is required.

Agreed.

This season should be about staying in the division whilst bringing some youngsters through and allowing the manager to cut his teeth. Patience is required.

You may want to settle for second best and want to stay in this division but have you not been attending any of the meetings.

This league provides no real term financial gain for a small fan base club such as ours.

The chairman's appointment of Nish the chairman clearly stated that this is a season in which we are determined to secure a return to the Championship.

I agree that patience is required to a degree but we cant be too patient if we head into real trouble at the foot of the table. At least it is only September and there is still a lot to play for and hope we can reach 4th as a minimum expectation.

This league provides no real term financial gain for a small fan base club such as ours.

The chairman's appointment of Nish the chairman clearly stated that this is a season in which we are determined to secure a return to the Championship.

Deyermined to is not the same as must do.

Again all IMO if the club balances the books and remains in this league and competes then that is fine by me. I'd rather see us compete week in, week out than be utterly humiliated every week like last season. I said the same last season as well saying I would rather go down than suffer another season like that again.

Remind me how much profit the club made last year?

Archived