Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Yes it would be ideal if something like say a Supporters Council could be set up and ask the club/board these questions instead of folks just posting on a website! Why do you say resources shouldn't be scarce - can you give me your analysis of the cashflow dynamics behind this calculation - I do remember sharing the club's full cashflow forecast with Supporters Council after the Rangers game? That will now need tweaked further following relegation - where the SPFL league monies reduce in League 2. Then we will drop around £50k in gate money from this season. Where are we on Roof Fall - a key part of the budget for 2015/16 and by implication 2016/17? Sponsor income/directors input - how will that be impacted? In the last 4 years, Directors have input the best part of £400,000 out of their own pockets by donation or loan - £142,000 is the outstanding loans to Directors figure. They could have repaid those from the Rangers money but didn't take a penny. CFC openly shares more financial info than almost any other club via the programme and at Supporters meetings. Please though don't tell me resources won't be scarce.

In essence there is not really a Supporters Council in existence. What you have from last summer has been the involvement of my Dad, me in a limited capacity and John G , Andy M, etc in Roof Fall.

Things have got that wee bit harder Davie with the drop. A quick decision on manager situation needs to be made to give either Nish or a new gaffer time to clear the decks and build a new team. Anyone in charge will struggle big time if we keep the present squad together.

Then once that is done we can look to see what areas of the clubs budget we need to support. The commercial and fundraising work can start to raise finance. Though i urge caution on what figures are released.

Also need to look at building a bigger pool of volunteers to help out will be looked at again.

Will the new budget look to finance the squad training away from CP to help maintain the surface for matches?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In essence there is not really a Supporters Council in existence. What you have from last summer has been the involvement of my Dad, me in a limited capacity and John G , Andy M, etc in Roof Fall.

Things have got that wee bit harder Davie with the drop. A quick decision on manager situation needs to be made to give either Nish or a new gaffer time to clear the decks and build a new team. Anyone in charge will struggle big time if we keep the present squad together.

Then once that is done we can look to see what areas of the clubs budget we need to support. The commercial and fundraising work can start to raise finance. Though i urge caution on what figures are released.

Also need to look at building a bigger pool of volunteers to help out will be looked at again.

Will the new budget look to finance the squad training away from CP to help maintain the surface for matches?

It always seems to be the same faces who end up doing everything as you will know yourself Phil being one of them! We do need more people to help with things to spread the loan on the folk who are already there as their is only so much of your time you can give.

I would agree with the pitch I believe they were training on it one night a week and Dunfermline HS the other, better keeping the pitch for matches, I presume this is down to whoever is the manager?

That is one of my points Phil - folk post on here saying the Board should answer questions/tell the fans and that is exactly what the Supporters Council was set up to help accommodate.  We aren't in the least secretive but instead of folks getting involved they left it largely to others such as yourself and the others mentioned.  There was also a Cowdenbeath Forum set up where we would willingly answer points but hardly anybody bothered.  So why ask questions on P&B instead of using the routes established to facilitate good communications?

Are more folks willing to put their shoulder to the wheel and try and achieve something as sitting back letting others do it gets us nowhere?  On Facebook I saw the Directors are Old School, new blood is needed and some should fall on their sword - would be delighted to take that advice and go far an easy life.  Not sure who this new blood would be (oligarchs perhaps) but bring them on and get their hands in their pooch.

Phil - a good deal of training was away from Central Park - latterly they wanted to train on grass so some came back to CP.  The budget needs a lot of work and some planning sessions around various aspects.  Volunteers and funds are even more important now - it needs to go to a new level.

That is one of my points Phil - folk post on here saying the Board should answer questions/tell the fans and that is exactly what the Supporters Council was set up to help accommodate. We aren't in the least secretive but instead of folks getting involved they left it largely to others such as yourself and the others mentioned. There was also a Cowdenbeath Forum set up where we would willingly answer points but hardly anybody bothered. So why ask questions on P&B instead of using the routes established to facilitate good communications?

Are more folks willing to put their shoulder to the wheel and try and achieve something as sitting back letting others do it gets us nowhere? On Facebook I saw the Directors are Old School, new blood is needed and some should fall on their sword - would be delighted to take that advice and go far an easy life. Not sure who this new blood would be (oligarchs perhaps) but bring them on and get their hands in their pooch.

Phil - a good deal of training was away from Central Park - latterly they wanted to train on grass so some came back to CP. The budget needs a lot of work and some planning sessions around various aspects. Volunteers and funds are even more important now - it needs to go to a new level.

Well you can count on me and my old man to help.

I feel one main area we must push forward on is getting more volunteers in. A very difficult job.

That is one of my points Phil - folk post on here saying the Board should answer questions/tell the fans and that is exactly what the Supporters Council was set up to help accommodate. We aren't in the least secretive but instead of folks getting involved they left it largely to others such as yourself and the others mentioned. There was also a Cowdenbeath Forum set up where we would willingly answer points but hardly anybody bothered. So why ask questions on P&B instead of using the routes established to facilitate good communications?

Are more folks willing to put their shoulder to the wheel and try and achieve something as sitting back letting others do it gets us nowhere? On Facebook I saw the Directors are Old School, new blood is needed and some should fall on their sword - would be delighted to take that advice and go far an easy life. Not sure who this new blood would be (oligarchs perhaps) but bring them on and get their hands in their pooch.

Phil - a good deal of training was away from Central Park - latterly they wanted to train on grass so some came back to CP. The budget needs a lot of work and some planning sessions around various aspects. Volunteers and funds are even more important now - it needs to go to a new level.

It needs to go to a new level.

The last bit of your post.

This worries me the most.

I get the feeling the roof fall didn't meet the total set out at the start. Are we really going to up it much next season? We have a very small fan base and many of those probably just want to come to the games, pay their gate money and watch a game. Example my old man. Goes to most home games but it's not the most important thing in his life.

Then you have fans that it means a lot to. Take myself as an example. Between paying to home games,50/50 tickets, 100 club, roof fall monthly fund, match sponsorship, buying auction prize at sportsmanship dinner, etc I am about 1500 for the last season and that's without any match hospitality visits, replica strip etc. I ain't going to increase that next season. I don't have time in my life to commit to helping out except on odd occasions.

Where does the new level come from?

It is time for everyone to stand up and be counted - there was lots of bravado and commitment back in 2010 when the future looked bleak.  Instead we somehow lifted the club higher than it had been for years when it looked as though it would fold.  This is the crunch time - effort, work and funds are required - that is down to all of us fans - no-one else.  Posting on here and not getting involved adds little value. If fans want new Directors well who are they and get them down to Central Park with their cheque books.  After a meeting of about 70-100 fans only a handful really got involved with Roof Fall.  Instead of 5 or 6, we need 50 or 60 showing the same level of drive and energy and involvement every day of every week.  As Roof Fall intimated from day 1 - leaving it to others and blame games will not bring any success at all.

The club will die if Nishy stays. The football on offer has been awful. I know of at least 5 regulars that have stopped attending under Nishys tenure. More people will walk.

I am not leaving (if Nishy stays) :bounce3  :bounce3

If a supporter loves a club, he / she does not leave / walk away even if he / she does not like a manager or the club is not doing well.  One of my students who is a Rangers supporter told me he has his season ticket more than 20 years even though Ally McCoist was not good manager.  My another student who is Edinburgh City supporter has never stopped going to see their games even though their club house was sold.

It is time for everyone to stand up and be counted - there was lots of bravado and commitment back in 2010 when the future looked bleak. Instead we somehow lifted the club higher than it had been for years when it looked as though it would fold. This is the crunch time - effort, work and funds are required - that is down to all of us fans - no-one else. Posting on here and not getting involved adds little value. If fans want new Directors well who are they and get them down to Central Park with their cheque books. After a meeting of about 70-100 fans only a handful really got involved with Roof Fall. Instead of 5 or 6, we need 50 or 60 showing the same level of drive and energy and involvement every day of every week. As Roof Fall intimated from day 1 - leaving it to others and blame games will not bring any success at all.

Can only speak for myself but I'm not blaming anyone and don't want any directors replaced. Most fans including myself will never know just how much time, money , effort, sacrifices the current board have given.

I genuinely think that the input from the fans is brilliant considering our support is so small and that many fans just want to go to the game and that's enough.

Hopefully I'm wrong and 50 fans come forward and give the time you require.

It needs to go to a new level.

The last bit of your post.

This worries me the most.

I get the feeling the roof fall didn't meet the total set out at the start. Are we really going to up it much next season? We have a very small fan base and many of those probably just want to come to the games, pay their gate money and watch a game. Example my old man. Goes to most home games but it's not the most important thing in his life.

Then you have fans that it means a lot to. Take myself as an example. Between paying to home games,50/50 tickets, 100 club, roof fall monthly fund, match sponsorship, buying auction prize at sportsmanship dinner, etc I am about 1500 for the last season and that's without any match hospitality visits, replica strip etc. I ain't going to increase that next season. I don't have time in my life to commit to helping out except on odd occasions.

Where does the new level come from?

Well to be frank, mainly from the fans - where else can it come from? Al you have done your bit, I like to think I have as well.  I don't have a bottomless pit of money - it has cost me a fortune.  We do an initial budget - then ask the fans how much more will/can you contribute.  That will be the budget - of course there will be other avenues explored but we have spent six years doing all those things.  The budget then determines how much you have to spend on players which normally has a significant bearing on performance.  If fans don't have the money or want to fund raise that's fine as long as it is understood that there are no magic beans.  If we get at least the same amount from Roof Fall or ideally a bit more then that supports the budget and can provide vital extra resource.  If we do get a bit more commitment to fund raising and volunteering via Roof Fall then it will provide a fillip and important extra resource to face the challenges ahead.  Thanks to all who have played a part by volunteering and by supporting Roof Fall via donations, subscriptions, etc thus far - can we now go a bit further is the challenge I guess.

Think some people who don't pay into Roofall but pay into 100 club etc some people can't do it all should also be recognised for their contributions

For example I pay into the 100 club pay my season ticket played a small part in the Supporters Council and made a significant purchase at auction for the Sportsmans Dinner.Also helping John A set up the recent small brunch we had with the 100 club, helped sell xmas raffles for the club and attended hospitality.

For me that's about as much as I can personally commit to whilst juggling a career,family etc.

As mentioned and we can discuss at supporters council think we should have a bronze silver gold package season ticket next year.Where the bronze you may get say 3 drinks pre game and a pie and the gold same and 3 hospitality games of your choosing except cup competitions.

As for the Facebook comments about old school directors well that's just plain recklessness and I would be interested if it was even a Cowden fan that posted such rubbish. We all know we are lucky to have the board that we have got as not many people would be prepared to do what they have done for the club.

John G happy to attend next council meeting which we will have to get one organised soon taking into account Ccs comments and hopefully more will attend with a lot of positive constructive contributions.

Good article about John Mcglynn.

Perhaps the type of manager we need seems to muck in and also highly respected Who knows what wage he would be after but may end up back at Rovers

http://m.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/john-mcglynn-the-man-who-put-the-pride-back-into-raith-rovers-1-4100602

He's another one I would add to the shortlist along with Danny Lennon if we are to rebuild in our quest to get back up the leagues.

A club in our situation and of our stature needs someone working tirelessly for the club and engaging with the fans and local community

Think some people who don't pay into Roofall but pay into 100 club etc some people can't do it all should also be recognised for their contributions

For example I pay into the 100 club pay my season ticket played a small part in the Supporters Council and made a significant purchase at auction for the Sportsmans Dinner.Also helping John A set up the recent small brunch we had with the 100 club, helped sell xmas raffles for the club and attended hospitality.

For me that's about as much as I can personally commit to whilst juggling a career,family etc.

As mentioned and we can discuss at supporters council think we should have a bronze silver gold package season ticket next year.Where the bronze you may get say 3 drinks pre game and a pie and the gold same and 3 hospitality games of your choosing except cup competitions.

As for the Facebook comments about old school directors well that's just plain recklessness and I would be interested if it was even a Cowden fan that posted such rubbish. We all know we are lucky to have the board that we have got as not many people would be prepared to do what they have done for the club.

John G happy to attend next council meeting which we will have to get one organised soon taking into account Ccs comments and hopefully more will attend with a lot of positive constructive contributions.

That's my point though pal.

It doesn't matter if you do nothing accept attend home games, or put in tens of thousands. Everyone does what they feel they want to or are able to do. We are not suddenly in a new position, roof fall a year old now and the club been in trouble for a few years so not sure how we can raise even more with our size fan base.

If you are going for ex managers I would have Mickey back. I liked him. Danny Lennon too.

Not always convinced about folk coming back but they were both good in their time. If its "pick a possible new manager" time i'll chuck in a few names.

Ian Murray - Done a good job keeping Dumbarton in the Championship the 3 years he was there after taking over when they were well adrift at the bottom of the table.

Mark Burchill - Took over from one of 316's candidates John McGlynn and kept Livingston up last season and won the Petrofac Cup. 

Not always convinced about folk coming back but they were both good in their time. If its "pick a possible new manager" time i'll chuck in a few names.

Ian Murray - Done a good job keeping Dumbarton in the Championship the 3 years he was there after taking over when they were well adrift at the bottom of the table.

Mark Burchill - Took over from one of 316's candidates John McGlynn and kept Livingston up last season and won the Petrofac Cup. 

Maybe Dumbarton fans can confirm or deny this but I always thought Jack Ross was the man behind the turnaround at The Rock. Their form seems to go a bit downhill after Ross left.

Maybe Dumbarton fans can confirm or deny this but I always thought Jack Ross was the man behind the turnaround at The Rock. Their form seems to go a bit downhill after Ross left.

You would have to ask a Dumbarton fan as you say but Ross had also been assistant manager during their bad start before Murray came to them.

Just thought I would chuck in a few names as everyone else is!

I used to perhaps think Murray would have been a good candidate but one he is a bit too quiet I like someone with a bit of passion in the dugout and 2 he likes the hoofball system which as we know from experience this is not pleasant to watch.

Although he does have a very good track record with Dumbarton and the position we find ourselves in as long as we get the results to get out of this league

That's my point though pal.

It doesn't matter if you do nothing accept attend home games, or put in tens of thousands. Everyone does what they feel they want to or are able to do. We are not suddenly in a new position, roof fall a year old now and the club been in trouble for a few years so not sure how we can raise even more with our size fan base.

Maybe every single Cowden fan should sign up to a Euro Millions syndicate agreeing that the winnings goes into Cowdenbeath Football Club even if it was just 1 pound per month per fan then the tickets spread over weekly if enough interest lol.You have to be in it to win it.

That would be a fairytale if that happened to the club if we won

I used to perhaps think Murray would have been a good candidate but one he is a bit too quiet I like someone with a bit of passion in the dugout and 2 he likes the hoofball system which as we know from experience this is not pleasant to watch.

Although he does have a very good track record with Dumbarton and the position we find ourselves in as long as we get the results to get out of this league

You mentioned John McGlynn he invented hoof ball at the Rovers!

Archived