Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Bollocks, not a single Cowdenbeath fan agreed with me when I said this would be a dreadful appointment.

Gave the man his chance but writing on the wall at 7 nil game at Peterhead. What does our board do about it? sweet fa. We have gone backwards.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We frequently hear about your playoff prowess so best of luck in the next two or four games Coos. Not too bad a team on your day so hope you stay up.

We are extremely poor and Queens Park have a big bonus getting us in the playoff first round. Never mind.

Edit to add - Any play off prowess was in the distant past and has no bearing on these games.

Give Jimmy Calderwood a phone one chance to win the playoffs and a 1 year contract if successful.

Dick Campbell should have been called in as he was the right man to get some belief in the team but apparently it would divide the fanbase well fcuk me but at this rate under Nish you certainly won't generate any new fans under Nish as the displays are absolutely horrific

Give Jimmy Calderwood a phone one chance to win the playoffs and a 1 year contract if successful.

Dick Campbell should have been called in as he was the right man to get some belief in the team but apparently it would divide the fanbase well fcuk me but at this rate under Nish you certainly won't generate any new fans under Nish as the displays are absolutely horrific

Jimmy Calderwood! You couldn't even afford Jimmy crankie! Best one I've heard all year

Jimmy Calderwood! You couldn't even afford Jimmy crankie! Best one I've heard all year

Remember the terms I am talking about he has a potential maximum of 4 games to win the playoffs and Jimmy may have to accept a large cut than he has been used to since he is striving to get back in the game from being absent for a while.

Nish should have been sacked after the pumping at Peterhead, just as Jimmy Nic should have been sacked after our utter humiliation against Hearts. What good would it do to bringin a new manager who doesn't know the players now? We are sunk regardless. The team has little quality in it and I've seen more fight in a cold rice pudding. We deserve to go down. End of story.

Can we live in the real world please for a little while. Lets bring Calderwood in with 1 training session before the play offs.

You are probably right but when you are as dissapointed as me regarding our situation you start clutching at straws

Remember the terms I am talking about he has a potential maximum of 4 games to win the playoffs and Jimmy may have to accept a large cut than he has been used to since he is striving to get back in the game from being absent for a while.

Only fishing there mate, think Cowdens in a horrible situation at the moment and it can just be lucky when selecting a manager. All the best for the playoffs and hope you manage to stay up. From a friendly Rovers fan

Nish should have been sacked after the pumping at Peterhead, just as Jimmy Nic should have been sacked after our utter humiliation against Hearts. What good would it do to bringin a new manager who doesn't know the players now? We are sunk regardless. The team has little quality in it and I've seen more fight in a cold rice pudding. We deserve to go down. End of story.

We have developed into one of the poorest Cowden teams I've seen. Relying on one player to get your goals is no way to try and survive. Didn't expect anything today but last week's game was a shambles. A repeat of the Livi game last season, only had to win a home game, one up at half time and still managed to f--k it up. Even a draw against Stenny would have been enough.

I' m going back to golf.

Only fishing there mate, think Cowdens in a horrible situation at the moment and it can just be lucky when selecting a manager. All the best for the playoffs and hope you manage to stay up. From a friendly Rovers fan

Thank You we will need all the luck we can get.

We have developed into one of the poorest Cowden teams I've seen. Relying on one player to get your goals is no way to try and survive. Didn't expect anything today but last week's game was a shambles. A repeat of the Livi game last season, only had to win a home game, one up at half time and still managed to f--k it up. Even a draw against Stenny would have been enough.

I' m going back to golf.

Sore one today Aberdeen remember though we love the club and have to take the good times with the bad. Not a happy man tonight as you can see with my comments

Along with Nish I'd get rid of the following regardless of which league we're in

Donaldson

El zubaidi

Kane

Miller

Milne

Beamont

Caldwell

CJ

McDaid and Gibbons will thankfully be off back to wherever they came from

I'd try and keep Sives, Kerr, Brett and Spence but can't see any of them here next season even if we do stay up.

That's probably 14 players we need to find in the summer.

The players I han't mentioned like yaqub, adamson, hughes and callaghan etc i wouldn't be averse to staying but wouldn't be fussed if they left either.

Awful appointment, managers who are a success at youth level should be approached warily.

Managers who are a failure at youth level? Avoid unless there is literally no one else for the job. Genuinely reckon Cowdenbeath will be a good bet for relegation now depending if Stenny and Brechin can get there house in order

Falling behind Stenny and Brechin to finish in the playoffs.

Massive, massive case of "I told you so"

What a fantastic post when you read it. One big clusterfuck that makes absolutely no sense.

:)  

Realistically it was always going to be someone like Nish. Ending his playing career at a part time club and sitting his badges.

Couldn't give a f**k how he did with dumbo's 20's. Senior management is a whole different ball game and he can also still do a job as a player in league 1.

He might be shite or he might be brilliant. We'll have to wait and see. we all wanted a player manager in his first managerial role rather than some dinosaur off the merry-go-round like the last manager that utterly screwed us and we got it.

Perfectly happy with this.

And what makes you think Alan Johnston is going to do a good job, yep he did well with QOS at this level but does mot mean to say he is going to do well this time around. Same with Nish, just because he did guff with Son's youth does not mean to say he will do the same at senior management.

Will give him 100% backing.

Lastly on your last point if we are genuine relegation fodder, it will be a great chase to avoid the relegation play off place with the Pars.

7th in a mostly part time league ffs  :lol:

:) :) :)

Utterly laughable how people are looking into how he did with an under 20s team as a guidance to how he'll do as a manager.

First and foremost he should score a few goals in this league and always good to give young manager's a chance.

Most of you were not even in the game to support the team.  I did not see many Cowden supporters.  At least I was there.  Just back 30 min ago...

My dream which were sitting next Nishy and cerebrating the team's win together did not come true, but Cowden will win the play off game on Wednesday as I cannot be there.  I cannot take a night off from work as I have to go to Japan the following week to see my mum in a hospital as she may have bowel cancer.  After my dad died with lung cancer a year and 3 month ago, my mum is only family I have.  Cowden wins a game whenever I cannot be there.

After the game today, I was told the play off is Wednesday and Saturday.  Where will be the Sat game against who?

Archived