Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt say our team is gutless I would say a huge portion of the team lack quality and in general there are too many players in our side that have downsides to their game. I could go through the team and point out weaknesses in each player and a quality in each of them but (well a few have few positives if any) and the problem is that we have too many players who are not all round good football players. Mo for example his use of the ball is good and he gives you balance.. defensively weak and positionally poor and he is most defenitely not in a kenny mould of being aggressive etc..

Our team has too many flaws but its nishs job to get the team working and playing in a way to win football games. His signings have been woeful. We can go on about budgets and finances all we like but other teams are doing better than us and we will have similar if not "slightly" better budget. 

Sives has been a good addition however our whole midfield on saturday was a joke. I had to laugh when someone said nish is trying to get a huge portion of the team signed up. ERM why.... Im not one for huge overhauls as building a team doesnt happen overnight but if we want to be more successful certain players need moved on.

Players we should be fighting tooth and nail on keeping would be sives/brett/spence and ermmm..... point proven I cant think of players that we MUST resign....

Even a win next weekend wont change my opinion. I fear for us in the play offs if we are in them so heres hoping Nish can pull off a ground out performance.

I wouldnt say our team is gutless I would say a huge portion of the team lack quality and in general there are too many players in our side that have downsides to their game. I could go through the team and point out weaknesses in each player and a quality in each of them but (well a few have few positives if any) and the problem is that we have too many players who are not all round good football players. Mo for example his use of the ball is good and he gives you balance.. defensively weak and positionally poor and he is most defenitely not in a kenny mould of being aggressive etc..

Our team has too many flaws but its nishs job to get the team working and playing in a way to win football games. His signings have been woeful. We can go on about budgets and finances all we like but other teams are doing better than us and we will have similar if not "slightly" better budget.

Sives has been a good addition however our whole midfield on saturday was a joke. I had to laugh when someone said nish is trying to get a huge portion of the team signed up. ERM why.... Im not one for huge overhauls as building a team doesnt happen overnight but if we want to be more successful certain players need moved on.

Players we should be fighting tooth and nail on keeping would be sives/brett/spence and ermmm..... point proven I cant think of players that we MUST resign....

Even a win next weekend wont change my opinion. I fear for us in the play offs if we are in them so heres hoping Nish can pull off a ground out performance.

Add Sneddon to your list. Not in any rush to keep the rest but there are a couple of others i would.

Sorry yeah sneddon too. Thought he was signed up though. Big aldin has been steady since sives came in and due to his physical stature and left peg I would keep him but he is another who needs to up his game. Become stronger and for his size doesnt do enough. Look at sives how he attacks the ball and is aggressive without being a dirty player.

New midfield please. Lewis milne doesnt do enough off the ball even when we have the ball which is worrying. Going through the motions whereas against townies he was up for it and pushing on and taking up good positions. Id be tempted to put donaldson back in at right back and put deano further forward so we have that driving presence from wide. Dean has a bit quality too something we severly lack.

Sorry yeah sneddon too. Thought he was signed up though. Big aldin has been steady since sives came in and due to his physical stature and left peg I would keep him but he is another who needs to up his game. Become stronger and for his size doesnt do enough. Look at sives how he attacks the ball and is aggressive without being a dirty player.

New midfield please. Lewis milne doesnt do enough off the ball even when we have the ball which is worrying. Going through the motions whereas against townies he was up for it and pushing on and taking up good positions. Id be tempted to put donaldson back in at right back and put deano further forward so we have that driving presence from wide. Dean has a bit quality too something we severly lack.

Agree about Aldin. I'd be tempted to push Mo into midfield and bring Kenny back in defence as well. Too late to be messing about with that this season though. Something for next pre-season if they're both here.

Jamie is signed up until the end of the year.

Spence will probably end up at Dunfermline, Sives could be down here with Livi.

Probably? I thought Spence had already done the deal to become a townie.

Probably? I thought Spence had already done the deal to become a townie.

There's a rumour he has signed a pre contract

No idea if any of the above was true, was just going for the seemingly logical explanation that we're going to be looking for a striker, Spence is local and AJ has spoken very highly of him.

Feel he could actually work well with Moffat, he would open up allot of space for Spence to exploit.

Archived