Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

And what makes you think Alan Johnston is going to do a good job, yep he did well with QOS at this level but does mot mean to say he is going to do well this time around. Same with Nish, just because he did guff with Son's youth does not mean to say he will do the same at senior management.

Will give him 100% backing.

Lastly on your last point if we are genuine relegation fodder, it will be a great chase to avoid the relegation play off place with the Pars.

7th in a mostly part time league ffs :lol:

Spot on assessment of the Nish appointment there.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than it gave several examples of why your earlier comment might not be accurate.

But it doesn't - at no time did I suggest that all or most older players had a problem so why then list some players that didn't. Completely pointless. It is a well known issue for some players and has been fairly extensively commented on but it seems that your worldview is more or less shaped by the local paper as opposed to modern media sources.

It is not an uncommon thing for some experienced pros to have difficulties caused by playing on plastic pitches. Some have no problem - the term recovery though doesn't just mean he's a bit tired you know it has to do with joints, etc. it is a well known situation that impacts on a fair number of players - just because one person has no problem that is no universal guide. Again a big defender putting in tackles is likely more susceptible than a dainty wee winger. Grass pitches are much more forgiving. This isn't a kick about with his pals but a pro league played at a high intensity.

But it doesn't - at no time did I suggest that all or most older players had a problem so why then list some players that didn't. Completely pointless. It is a well known issue for some players and has been fairly extensively commented on but it seems that your worldview is more or less shaped by the local paper as opposed to modern media sources.

Eh? Your first quote states that because 1 player is ok, that's no "universal guide" to what's happening. You are then given the details of 4/5 players over 30 in the one team who have made no adverse comments about plastic pitches (and you can add in Baxter, Campbell and Swankie to that list) and you throw out comments like "well known issue for some players". If there's anyone whose view has been shaped, I think I know who it is!

I would suggest that there are far more players who have never had a problem with plastic than those who have. Yet you have suggested "it is not uncommon for experienced pros to have difficulties caused by playing on plastic". I will gladly stand with you if it is proven that plastic pitches are more dangerous than grass but my understanding is that no proper studies have taken place.

As players get older, they are more likely to get injured. (Fact) That has happened since football started. You can blame it on wear and tear, cortisone injections, the tackle from behind, plastic pitches or anything you want. Rest assured, if a player gets a chance to blame something else apart from the fact that he's getting too slow or too old, he will!

Are you guys reps for the Plastic Pitch Marketing Board? That's why the Cowden player mentioned was on the bench that was the simple fact before you decided to mount some ever escalating howl of defence - that's the simple fact of the matter and not some test of opinion.

Are you guys reps for the Plastic Pitch Marketing Board? That's why the Cowden player mentioned was on the bench that was the simple fact before you decided to mount some ever escalating howl of defence - that's the simple fact of the matter and not some test of opinion.

haha nice deflection. I only spotted this tonight, it seems many of your own fans were the ones asking why a Ioan player is signed for the last 7 games of the season but can't play in at least one of them.

I have no axe to grind either way but your comments based on no facts whatsoever merited a response.

Also meant to add that Wembley and at least 14 of the English Premiership pitches are hybrid (plastic and grass combo). (Think Rangers and Hibs have moved away from 100% grass too). So all these experienced pros that you are worried about are going to have to drop down to junior or ammy level in the next few years, or they may have to learn how to work in a call centre!

haha nice deflection. I only spotted this tonight, it seems many of your own fans were the ones asking why a Ioan player is signed for the last 7 games of the season but can't play in at least one of them.

I have no axe to grind either way but your comments based on no facts whatsoever merited a response.

My facts are I know the inside story and reason and thus explained to our own fans why a loan player was signed for the last 8 games of the season and didn't play in at least one of them albeit he could have. That is it there is nothing more to be said on it

He was only signed to play on grass pitches. It's the Cowden way now. It doesn't make sense to anyone else.

Also meant to add that Wembley and at least 14 of the English Premiership pitches are hybrid (plastic and grass combo). (Think Rangers and Hibs have moved away from 100% grass too). So all these experienced pros that you are worried about are going to have to drop down to junior or ammy level in the next few years, or they may have to learn how to work in a call centre!

Well that would depend on hybrid pitches and their characteristics as compared to plastic pitches

He was only signed to play on grass pitches. It's the Cowden way now. It doesn't make sense to anyone else.

I stand corrected and feel like a complete fool for having bitten. Rest assured, I'll not comment on your thread again until we're both safe in the League 2 forum next season.

Well that would depend on hybrid pitches and their characteristics as compared to plastic pitches

Maybe there will be a call centre opening soon, selling hybrid pitches to Scottish football clubs. Know any centre halves who may be interested!

Sorry only coo, couldn't resist one last bite!

League 2 here we come

Can't fault everyones application today after a play for the shirt performance.

However the facts don't lie 1 point adrift at the foot of the table.

We only have ourselves to blame as we should be putting in the same application week in week out.

We gambled again on supporting the Manager when it has been very obvious the direction we were heading in and yet again we look destined for a double relegation which could cripple the club.No blame to anyone for that I may add as we are all here for the club's interest so no blame game.

The season is not over yet though amso everyone who cares for the club we need to turn up with the low number of fans we do have and hope we survive in this league.

Credit to Darren Dods on 5 consecutive wins for Brechin that's what I call a reaction to trying to beat relegation.

Horrendous how Brechin who were 10 points a couple of weeks ago behind us now sit one point from us

Forfar obviously played us of the park 38 percent possession 4 shows on goal against 17 is shocking.

Dunfermline up next and I would bet you we are sitting bottle of the table next Saturday at this time.

Not good enough 5 points from 11 games is diabolical in this league is an insult to the fans and board who work hard for this club.

Well done to brechin who seem to be well drilled to fight for survival.

I would take a punt on Calderwood right now just until the end of the season.

Enough said

Looks like I was right in my bet unfortunately.

Archived