Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News= is he fit?

Injured=wasn't playing on Saturday.

In any case we will need our best defence on Saturday.

He didn't play at Forfar because he is one of those older players who isn't keen on playing on plastic pitches as it takes longer to recover after a match. He wasn't injured and would have come on if we had needed him. He played 45 minutes on Tuesday as it was planned to give him a short run out.

He didn't play at Forfar because he is one of those older players who isn't keen on playing on plastic pitches as it takes longer to recover after a match. He wasn't injured and would have come on if we had needed him. He played 45 minutes on Tuesday as it was planned to give him a short run out.

Sometimes I wonder about the Scottish game.Takes longer to recover from a plastic pitch! There's lads who play 2 to 3 times a week on plastic pitches and players who call themselves professionals moan that AWW it's takes me longer to recover.

If this is the type of player Nish has brought in to save our season then it has me even more concerned.

He's better not playing on our pitch at all then surely as our pitch is a shambles at present and it may take him a while to recover on our pitch.

going to agree with 316 here.

i played a season on a 3g or 4g pitch in my mid 30s and it was a joy compared to some of the grass pitches. dont get me wrong, a decent grass pitch is the ideal scenario but our pitch is anything but that.

He could play on Saturday and be a key player for the run in. How many decent centre backs were available and wanting to come to us?

Craig Sives has been injury prone throughout his career. It's a brave loan signing. Otherwise it's the youths we will have to rely on

It is not an uncommon thing for some experienced pros to have difficulties caused by playing on plastic pitches. Some have no problem - the term recovery though doesn't just mean he's a bit tired you know it has to do with joints, etc. it is a well known situation that impacts on a fair number of players - just because one person has no problem that is no universal guide. Again a big defender putting in tackles is likely more susceptible than a dainty wee winger. Grass pitches are much more forgiving. This isn't a kick about with his pals but a pro league played at a high intensity.

It is not an uncommon thing for some experienced pros to have difficulties caused by playing on plastic pitches. Some have no problem - the term recovery though doesn't just mean he's a bit tired you know it has to do with joints, etc. it is a well known situation that impacts on a fair number of players - just because one person has no problem that is no universal guide. Again a big defender putting in tackles is likely more susceptible than a dainty wee winger. Grass pitches are much more forgiving. This isn't a kick about with his pals but a pro league played at a high intensity.

Personally, I don't believe that.  Over half of the regular Forfar first 11 were over 30; Dods 39 with Young, Sanny and Malcolm 35.

I personally think that the guy we have just signed should have played on Saturday if fit. If not then its a nonsense. We need players who want to play regardless of the situation or wee niggle injuries etc. A new player should have been busting a gut to play for a new team and on our pitch which will be heavy and is heavily sanded(i think??) that will take more out of the calf muscles and tendons potentially.

Anyway its done now.I remember watching sives for livi and I thought he was decent so congrats on what on PAPER appears a good loan signing by nish.

We are in a right battle now and this is where Nish can actually show how good a manager he is or can be. Where he can look to inspire the players confidence and set us up the right way and have us in a position where we can be solid and defensive but also a threat with the ball. Imagine a win against the top of the league confidence will sky rocket. Wee bit of luck on the day and this could turn around the season to ensure survival.

And what makes you think Alan Johnston is going to do a good job, yep he did well with QOS at this level but does mot mean to say he is going to do well this time around. Same with Nish, just because he did guff with Son's youth does not mean to say he will do the same at senior management.

Will give him 100% backing.

Lastly on your last point if we are genuine relegation fodder, it will be a great chase to avoid the relegation play off place with the Pars.

7th in a mostly part time league ffs  :lol:

Awful appointment, managers who are a success at youth level should be approached warily.

Managers who are a failure at youth level? Avoid unless there is literally no one else for the job. Genuinely reckon Cowdenbeath will be a good bet for relegation now depending if Stenny and Brechin can get there house in order

Called it, good shout sir.

Called it, good shout sir.

Had to happen eventually tbf.

Pleasing to know that the Townies are obsessed with the prospect of Cowden being relegated.

Wouldn't say obsessed, was just my conversation that he seemed a pretty awful appointment.

Archived