Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

NO! Cowdenbeath has an assistant manager, so he should help / assist Nishy to improve the team.

Can't hide behind the assistant. Colin is the boss, he takes the bullets when things go wrong, like he gets the credit when things go well.

At the very least we need a decent centre half and a proper midfielder. Every other team has someone who bosses the game. We have no-one.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cowden fans are so fickle.

A few results and Nish has settled in well and turned it round after a tricky start and now he must go as they have had a poor results. You have a poor team in a dog eat dog league it's no surprise results are going to be inconsistent.

No way do we want Dick Campbell. The guy is a complete buffoon.

As for being fickle, we have been awful from the start under Nish. As I have said before, we only glossed over the awful form when Murdoch played for us.

The Cowden fans are so fickle.

A few results and Nish has settled in well and turned it round after a tricky start and now he must go as they have had a poor results. You have a poor team in a dog eat dog league it's no surprise results are going to be inconsistent.

8 games with no wins is unacceptable at any level in football. Stenny have punted managers for less. When as a fan you volunteer, put yer cash in and that shite is served up it makes you so angry. The defence we have means we start with 1 goal loss already. They cannot do the basics well.

No way do we want Dick Campbell. The guy is a complete buffoon.

As for being fickle, we have been awful from the start under Nish. As I have said before, we only glossed over the awful form when Murdoch played for us.

Don't care if he's a buffon. Dick Campbell would have that side well drilled and do the basics right. He had Forfar challenging for promotion consistently. You say nish has been poor from the start but give no options to him. Great logic there !

lose saturday and lose Tuesday. Nish's job will be on the line in my opinion. Although defensively we are not great we need to get back to basics the problem is we look so ordinary its unbelievable. Caldwell offers zero i mean actually zero.. seen someone slagging mcdaid which I didnt really understand guy has pace and gets us up the pitch at times. Not a great signing but certainly should be starting games. Caldwell/pat and kane shouldnt be starting.

Beaumont is bang average is a workhorse though. We have no industry or guile (not asking for another greg stewart) but we need some form of attacking intent and it usually comes from deeper areas when we get dean running onto things. Spence works hard but his overall hold up play is wasteful.

Tough times ahead and we need to try find 3 points on saturday which will be difficult. Get lewis milne back in that team.He has went so far back but give me him over beaumont or kane any day in there with gibbons and beaumont.

if spence or dean or kerr gets injured heaven help us.

The board need to be brave and punt Nish. It's clear he's not up to it. We were in this position last season with Nicholl and didnt act and look what happened. Dick Campbell is the only option we have at this stage. He's a good manager and whilst it won't be pretty under him we'd survive. Question is with our defence would he want the job?

Only option not true.

Calderwood for example looking for a job and would surely get us organised enough to stay up.

The board need to be brave and punt Nish. It's clear he's not up to it. We were in this position last season with Nicholl and didnt act and look what happened. Dick Campbell is the only option we have at this stage. He's a good manager and whilst it won't be pretty under him we'd survive. Question is with our defence would he want the job?

Why say brave - when a lot of people are sounding off that could rather be seen as cowardly? You could say bold, decisive, but bravery has nothing to do with it

Dick would sort Cowdenbeath out short term, he just seems to get players playing for the jersey and knows the bottom leagues inside out. Too many younger managers these days are overly obsessed about playing a certain way or having some sort of philosophy, its a lot of horseshit. Its part time football in Scotland, its about getting a team fit and hungry and if you can add one or two bits of quality you'll do fine.

Dick would sort Cowdenbeath out short term, he just seems to get players playing for the jersey and knows the bottom leagues inside out. Too many younger managers these days are overly obsessed about playing a certain way or having some sort of philosophy, its a lot of horseshit. Its part time football in Scotland, its about getting a team fit and hungry and if you can add one or two bits of quality you'll do fine.

It's not the losing, it's the way it's happening. Forfar keeper never had to make a save. Not one shot on goal in a home game. Shocking.

Why say brave - when a lot of people are sounding off that could rather be seen as cowardly? You could say bold, decisive, but bravery has nothing to do with it

Look at the games ahead and we need to act now. Nish is not up to it. Cut your losses and sack him. The standard is getting worse by the week. Be brave, bold and decisive Davie.

To whoever mentioned Calderwood- don't. He's a big headed buffoon and with no money to spend, he'll be way out his comfort zone. Campbell is a decent shout for you guys, he's solid if not unremarkable at this level.

Local boy too, does he still stay down that way? Maybe get a few decent Forfar players in for next season?

To whoever mentioned Calderwood- don't. He's a big headed buffoon and with no money to spend, he'll be way out his comfort zone. Campbell is a decent shout for you guys, he's solid if not unremarkable at this level.

Local boy too, does he still stay down that way? Maybe get a few decent Forfar players in for next season?

Why would decent Forfar players want to play in Div 2

Don't care if he's a buffon. Dick Campbell would have that side well drilled and do the basics right. He had Forfar challenging for promotion consistently. You say nish has been poor from the start but give no options to him. Great logic there !

Were you not watching a game in Central Park when Dick Campbell lost his temper so badly. If I was a football player, I do not want to work for a team has such a ba*****.

Personally I hate men has a short / bad temper :P

Were you not watching a game in Central Park when Dick Campbell lost his temper so badly. If I was a football player, I do not want to work for a team has such a ba*****.

Personally I hate men has a short / bad temper :P

^^^ didn't see Nish lose it with Pat last night.

^^^ didn't see Nish lose it with Pat last night.

I was working in Edinburgh last night. I have a Japanese class to teach every Tue evening.

Do you mean Nishy lost his temper and through away something to Scullion? Maybe I am glad I was not in the game last night. :unsure:

Archived