2015/16 Champions League

I hope Bale is f'cked for the Euros, in fact I hope he is fit for the England game and misses all the others.

Ramos is a c'nt but he is still one of the best centre halfs in the world.

Sad for the underdogs again but I thought Atletico were pretty poor throughout apart from 30 mins or so in the 120.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't the Real Madrid manager was he ?

Good effort

It was a good effort, the scenarios are near identical.

Zidane hasn't exactly had a difficult time of it winning the champions league this year. Madrid got Roma and Wolfsburg post group stages and then scraped by Man City before getting outplayed for 3/4s of the tie tonight before winning on penalties. Obviously winning the champions league is a great achievement for anyone but I doubt anyone will ever get as easy a run at it as Real had this season.

Zidane played shite in the final against Leverkusen - what do people remember of that game?

Are you really comparing Zidane scoring a wonder goal and playing poorly to Ronaldo playing poorly and missing two absolute sitters?

Will people only remember last nights game for Ronaldo scoring the fifth penalty?

Oblak fucked that, barely moved for the first four and went right or the final pen despite all the previous kicks going the other way.

This! Looked like he couldn't be fucked.

The English media unsurprisingly having a Clattenburg love in, especially about when he pulled faces at Pepe's ludicrous attempt to get a fellow professional sent off instead of following the rules and sending him off. Plenty of the latest cliched shite being used about his 'game management' and it being 'his job to keep it 11 v 11'. Rubbish. It's his job to enforce the rules of the game. It's the players job to keep it 11 v 11. Clattenburg simply crapped out of sending Pepe off in the Champions League Final.

The English media unsurprisingly having a Clattenburg love in, especially about when he pulled faces at Pepe's ludicrous attempt to get a fellow professional sent off instead of following the rules and sending him off. Plenty of the latest cliched shite being used about his 'game management' and it being 'his job to keep it 11 v 11'. Rubbish. It's his job to enforce the rules of the game. It's the players job to keep it 11 v 11. Clattenburg simply crapped out of sending Pepe off in the Champions League Final.

I agree with your points about what a referees job is etc, and I questioned on here whether he'd learned from the Chelsea v Tottenham game where his attempt to keep 11 v 11 on the park resulted in the game becoming a shambles. However I thought he was excellent last night.

I still think he got the penalty wrong (it was a foul by Torres) but I thought he had a terrific game.

I wasn't sure at the time and I'm still undecided. Pepe has effectively failed to do what he intended and has kicked Torres' leg when trying to clear the ball. Does this not mean he must have mistimed it and is out of control/reckless? (Is that even a law, or just a commentator clichè?)

Though I noticed Pepe only had his eyes on the ball and didn't see Torres coming from over his shoulder to shield the ball. Tough one, but at least it wasn't decisive in the outcome of the match.

I turned it off as soon as that posing ponce scored the winning penalty, couldn't be bothered with commentators verbally wanking all over him.

Edit - And by the way.....Someone needs to jump on pepe's face, give the cheating diving c**t something to roll around for.

It's a stonewall penalty. Torres has been clever and got his foot in there first, Pepe then volleys him.

He put his leg in front to stop Pepe getting there. His leg isn't going where it would if he was looking to get the ball. It's a foul or at the very least playing for a pen in the same way as Ashley Young normally does.

He put his leg in front to stop Pepe getting there. His leg isn't going where it would if he was looking to get the ball. It's a foul or at the very least playing for a pen in the same way as Ashley Young normally does.

Hold on, are you saying its a foul by Torres?!

Are you really comparing Zidane scoring a wonder goal and playing poorly to Ronaldo playing poorly and missing two absolute sitters?

Will people only remember last nights game for Ronaldo scoring the fifth penalty?

Nope. Are you really ignoring that Ronaldo was put (or put himself) in one of the most pressurised situations in literally all of sports and competitions and never fluffed his lines?

He was one of the worst players on the pitch - but he dealt the killer blow, like all of the greats seem to do.

Archived