2015/16 Champions League

Was looking to see when it starts and it's this fucking month! Never ends does it?

Anyway the eight teams in the first round are:

seeded:
The New Saints (Wales)
Levadia Tallinn (Estonia)
Pyunik (Armenia)
FC Santa Coloma (Andorra)

unseeded:
Crusaders (Northern Ireland)
B36 Tórshavn (Faroe Islands)
Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar)
Folgore (San Marino)

With a lucky draw there could be five British(ish) teams in the second qualifying round.

Draw on the 22nd and first leg on 30th June.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder when BT will announce their new increased charges? Its surely coming... Will they ask their current broadband customers to start paying for BT Sport?

£900million in the CL is some investment to re-coup eh?

Wonder when BT will announce their new increased charges? Its surely coming... Will they ask their current broadband customers to start paying for BT Sport?

£900million in the CL is some investment to re-coup eh?

It was/is free for those with BT Broadband in their home.

Funnily enough this perk ends next month, I got a letter last week saying so.

This is a massive gamble by them, hoping the increase in subscriptions for those wanting to watch the CL will be a winner for them. I have grave doubts about this and can envisage another Setanta/ITV Digital crash and burn scenario with SKY getting the rights back in a year or two for a relative pittance

It was/is free for those with BT Broadband in their home.

Funnily enough this perk ends next month, I got a letter last week saying so.

This is a massive gamble by them, hoping the increase in subscriptions for those wanting to watch the CL will be a winner for them. I have grave doubts about this and can envisage another Setanta/ITV Digital crash and burn scenario with SKY getting the rights back in a year or two for a relative pittance

id agree,i think this will be disasterous for them.their broadband is overpriced in comparison to competitors,if they get rid of the free sport sweetener I think folk will jump ship in droves

Was looking to see when it starts and it's this fucking month! Never ends does it?

Anyway the eight teams in the first round are:

seeded:

The New Saints (Wales)

Levadia Tallinn (Estonia)

Pyunik (Armenia)

FC Santa Coloma (Andorra)

unseeded:

Crusaders (Northern Ireland)

B36 Tórshavn (Faroe Islands)

Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar)

Folgore (San Marino)

With a lucky draw there could be five British(ish) teams in the second qualifying round.

Draw on the 22nd and first leg on 30th June.

id love to know how an Andorran side are seeded and the norn irish one isn't.did they get a win once?

Not believing that San Marino is capable of sustaining a football league, I looked up "Folgore"

2b092b2b7b.png

Not a very good start. Ended up with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campionato_Sammarinese_di_Calcio

:lol:

It's just an amateur league, there's a club from San Marino which plays in the Italian leagues. They just got relegated from the third tier this season.

Sky will be utterly beeling about this. :D

The way they're trying to act as if nothing has happened and the desperate attempt to promote the EPL even more than usual on Facebook and Twitter is hilarious. :lol:

If you pay/subscribe to BT sport or free for everyone?

According to BBC Sport "It will make some matches available for everyone to watch, whether a subscriber or not, via a new free-to-air channel called BT Sport Showcase."

According to BBC Sport "It will make some matches available for everyone to watch, whether a subscriber or not, via a new free-to-air channel called BT Sport Showcase."

They're making around a dozen CL and EL matches available on that Showcase channel. Get the feeling they'll not be putting the most high profile matches on there every week.

Archived