2015/16 Champions League

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not doubting that for a minute, I don't think it's absurd to claim that Arsenal had the better chances before Barcelona scored, though.

They had the Chamberlain chance and that was about it for clear cut ones. Barca could've had five if Neymar could pass or Suarez could finish.

This Arsenal team have already set CL records this year. It's not a team to write off.

Knock it on the head mate, yer banters shite as are Arsenal. They are severely lacking in most departments and will be dismantled by a Barca team in second gear. They would be better concentrating on the league where they have a very decent chance given their run in

At it.

Comfortable for Barcelona in the end, who didn't really have to go hell for leather to get the two goals. Actually thought Arsenal were marginally better before the first goal, but their woeful lack of elite talent throughout the team was telling.

McManaman, though, and the c**t "Fletch". No better than Lawrenson when ITV had the CL.

Must have missed lawrenson at itv, unless I'm being wooshed.

Glad Messi scored all I kept hearing was "Messi's never scored against Cech". So boring Arsenal do their best to bottle the Last 16 after scraping through in their group just like they do every season. Pleasing.

That's a bit like saying Andy Murray bottles it in finals against Djokovic. They came up against a vastly better team and played reasonably well, but still lost out due to a brilliant counter attack and an individual defensive mistake.

That's a bit like saying Andy Murray bottles it in finals against Djokovic. They came up against a vastly better team and played reasonably well, but still lost out due to a brilliant counter attack and an individual defensive mistake.

No, it's like saying some no-hoper diddy got trounced by Djokovic in the last 16.

Correct. Although missing massive chances at 0-0 like the one Chamberlain missed is bottling it.

Correct. If Barcelona went out, it'd just be someone else, probably much worse, papping them out. They're not very good.

As was proved last year when they finally got a favourable draw, only to be papped out by Monaco at the same stage. They're just not a top team in Europe.

It's the consistency that blows me away. They get to the last 16 every single year, and they lose every single year. It's not like one year they don't make it, then the next year they hit a quarter or a semi. This will be their sixth consecutive elimination at this exact round.

Tonights games dont interest me at all. Pity that they put the Juve vs Bayern game on the same night as Arsenal vs Barca

This.

Think I'll just stick with the Man City game in hope they get beat.

Archived