Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

That Warburton interview is glorious.

It has been a very long time since a Rangers manager has came out and spoke so well and made his intent known so clearly.

Well in, Brad. The tricky part will be delivering on his word given limited resources. He acquits himself well and he certainly has my support.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a very long time since a Rangers manager has came out and spoke so well and made his intent known so clearly. I've been as big a Rangers critic as anyone on here in the last few years and my disillusionment in regards to the club is still up for debate but I am extremely happy he is the manager of Rangers. I think in all honesty after hearing his words a lot of fans around Scottish football will be slightly worried that Rangers are destined for the peak of the game again.

I think he talks a very good game, the interesting part will be if he can back it up with performances on the park with a steady stream of young players coming through and getting sold on for big £££.

Don't forget though, this is only his second managerial job and for all the plaudits he's received (rightly so given he done a terrific job with Brentford) Rangers are a different kettle of fish to Brentford.

As for being worried after hearing his words, I'm certainly not worried as I'm more than confident of the structure Hibernian have in place and the way we're planning for the immediate and long term can provide success.

I doubt if lots of fans of other clubs listened to that interview nor gave a monkeys if they did?. Talk is talk but putting his structure and plans into a working system that moves the football club forward both on the pitch and in training is another thing. I don't doubt he has the ability he had succeeded in a more competitive environment the English Championship where most of the teams have very little in quality on the pitch and resources available compared to the gulf that exists between the top and the bottom of the Scottish Championship.

He shouldn't fail to produce a team that will easily win the league and the embryonic stage of a Premiership team is there and he will assess the players he has brought in to see if they are up to standard. It could be interesting to see if he has brought in players at this early stage that are the required standard. When we were relegated, we let half a team go and Terry Butcher brought in a number of signings many unknown and unproven at Division 1 level, many of these played early in the season and half of them were found over the season not to be good enough, I think Warburton will find the same as he sorts out his strongest 11.

If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned about the Premiership and be more focused on getting out of this league and finding maybe 8/9 players for the future and holding on to them.

Excellent post. I'd find it very difficult to disagree with anything you've said there and I find your citation of Butcher quite prevalent. I found his ICT tenure quite interesting and his philosophy during that time period to be actually quite appealing. I had always kinda hoped it would be Rangers but I think Terry Butcher is destined for a big job down the line...

I think he talks a very good game, the interesting part will be if he can back it up with performances on the park with a steady stream of young players coming through and getting sold on for big £££.

Don't forget though, this is only his second managerial job and for all the plaudits he's received (rightly so given he done a terrific job with Brentford) Rangers are a different kettle of fish to Brentford.

As for being worried after hearing his words, I'm certainly not worried as I'm more than confident of the structure Hibernian have in place and the way we're planning for the immediate and long term can provide success.

I guess I was probably a little arrogant with the 'other teams are worried' statement. Had a few beverages this evening and really enjoyed Warbuton's interview so got in the mood. I agree wholeheartedly the proof will be in the pudding but for all you can tell it looks like MW is going to be a very good manager indeed.

It has been a very long time since a Rangers manager has came out and spoke so well and made his intent known so clearly. I've been as big a Rangers critic as anyone on here in the last few years and my disillusionment in regards to the club is still up for debate but I am extremely happy he is the manager of Rangers. I think in all honesty after hearing his words a lot of fans around Scottish football will be slightly worried that Rangers are destined for the peak of the game again.

:lol:

Rangers can't be the only football club chasing Stevie May?.

They'll be the only club offering £1m, that's for sure! :)

Which is why it's more than likely bullshit. Not for that sort of money anyway.

If Rangers are indeed ready to pay £1m for a player there's got to be better value for money out there than Stevie May?.....

If Rangers are indeed ready to pay £1m for a player there's got to be better value for money out there than Stevie May?.....

They arent though, and Wigan are also being linked. You know that sides whos reserves youre signing?

They arent though, and Wigan are also being linked. You know that sides whos reserves youre signing?

Ah right, who else is wanting to sign him?

You don't need to get all angry about it, by the way :) 1) I'd rather Rangers signed someone else and 2) he doesn't play for Saints any more.

Oh wait, are you clinging on to the very slim chance he'll come back to your team on loan?....

You don't need to get all angry about it, by the way :) 1) I'd rather Rangers signed someone else and 2) he doesn't play for Saints any more.

Oh wait, are you clinging on to the very slim chance he'll come back to your team on loan?....

Where is the anger in his post?

£1million and better value for money out there???

He is only 22 or 23 yrs old you spanner ...and a very decent player already, and he will probably only get better.

You have to be at the wind up...surely???

Yes. I fully believe we'll get him back. Completely.

Archived