Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

It was always going to be a tough ask for those players many used to playing at the highest level in Scottish football to reach that high standard demanded by playing for Rangers in the lower leagues against mainly part time opposition. I find it astonishing that Cammy Bell who played for Kilmarnock against the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen and was highly rated by many, wasn't good enough to play for Rangers against Livingston or Cowdenbeath.

Its easy to blame players because they are right there every weekend being watched and scrutinized by fans and media, what about what you don't see such as the training methods. Players get lazy because they are not motivated, they are not motivated because they are not trained and coached properly. Having half decent lazy players who's managers match tactics come straight from the mid nineties will only get you so far before you get found out. Lets see how your former players get on next season, apart from Richard Foster who was crap before he joined Rangers, so he doesn't count.

I have said it a few times. I cannot think of one player who improved after signing for Rangers. Take a player like Seb Faure..fantastic under age career with the French national team and now his career is in tatters

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have said it a few times. I cannot think of one player who improved after signing for Rangers. Take a player like Seb Faure..fantastic under age career with the French national team and now his career is in tatters

And long may it continue. :)

The wage bill for playing staff should be down from last season and the overall wage bill for the club as a whole will fall dramatically once the gardeners are gone.

The wage bill for playing staff should be down from last season and the overall wage bill for the club as a whole will fall dramatically once the gardeners are gone.

The thing is jiga, even with the, relatively to the rest of Scottish football, Rangers will forever be cosigned to diddidom. Small clubs can operate on small budgets but Rangers will always come up short now. A severe lack of financial balance will see to that.

This is due to the *** fans. No doubt.

Snafu, on one hand you're saying "only" 3 signings have been made so far and on the other you are saying Rangers are going about their transfer business in the correct way.

Well, yes, what's your point exactly? :) Is it an implication fans should worried or content?...

Sure, certain sections of the support might be getting a bit impatient but there's about 52 days remaining of the current transfer window. Still a long way to go.

As for the player salary budget, my guess is it will go up whilst the costs of non-playing staff will be dramatically reduced compared to last season.

Most clubs in Scotland will have players on trial, but I don't think any will have a 35yr who the manager already knows.

The player has been out since having surgery back in January-ish.

No,that is what you have been told to believe. If he had signed 7 players you would say I'm glad he got them in early.

I'm sure Brentford had a scouting network that Warburton would have know about,business is slow down ibrox way. Do you not wonder why they haven't made a decent signing as they have 1000s of season tickets to shift.

And if we had brought in a load of players in early you would have accused us of spending money we don't have.
No matter the situation people will argue about it.

And if we had brought in a load of players in early you would have accused us of spending money we don't have.
No matter the situation people will argue about it.

If Rangers bring in players quickly it's an expensive panic buy. If they take their time it's because no quality players want to sign for Rangers.

Can't win. :)

Not exactly expecting a wave of enthusiasm on this, but what's your thoughts on Kyle Hutton?

He's apparently coming into Saints for a trial, or so the Daily Record is reporting today.

What's the problem with the signings, players have been brought in, and some players having trial periods. A far better approach than mccoists scouting by sportscene approach, another few players in and we should have an OK squad with back up from the youths.

I'm sure i read about the chance of a few loaners from spurs too.

Chill oot and leave warby to deal with it.

Not exactly expecting a wave of enthusiasm on this, but what's your thoughts on Kyle Hutton?

He's apparently coming into Saints for a trial, or so the Daily Record is reporting today.

I thought he played a lot differently last season compared to previous seasons, as if he'd been told to become a much more forward-thinking player rather than a sideways passer. His gameplay definitely improved.

Would do a job for Saints, but just not at the level expected of a Rangers player.

Very confusing sentence.

Only confusing if you think Saints should have better players than Rangers.

They shouldn't. So it's quite simple really.

One team pay's 600 quid a week tops and the other pays a whole lot more.

Apologies if I have upset you in some way.

Probably the least knowledgeable poster on the entire site, and there's some stiff competition.

Clonmel wouldn't have been my first choice for that honour but he's up there.

I thought he played a lot differently last season compared to previous seasons, as if he'd been told to become a much more forward-thinking player rather than a sideways passer. His gameplay definitely improved.

Would do a job for Saints, but just not at the level expected of a Rangers player.

Thank you.

I'm guessing he's not particularly creative even considering his more expansive style?

Thank you.

I'm guessing he's not particularly creative even considering his more expansive style?

No, did I see somewhere that the Saints are looking for a player to link midfield and attack? That isn't Hutton.

Archived