Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee McCulloch will not be returning to Rangers as a coach

Rangers fans will be happy about that.

As will fans of a certain Ayrshire football team as their club bids to become Rangers Rejects Football Club. :)

I think Bell is a good goalkeeper too and I think his absence for much of the season was partly responsible for how Rangers struggled.The Motherwell error was extraordinary though. It gets worse (better) every time I see it.

I like that once it's hit the back of the net he does manage to catch it and looks around to see if anyone noticed.

This Fodders lad certainly seems confident. Hoping the move north can put him in the mind of former coach Roy Hodgson.

From talking to some People South of the border he is a great shot stopper..his distribution is excellent BUT he is dodgy with crosses into the box and doesn't command his area. Sounds like so many modern 'Keepers. What they all agreed on was he isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

Cammy Bell has been a very good keeper each time I've saw him play for Kilmarnock. Not sure about what you would regard as good enough for Championship standard goalkeeping, but too many good players have turned to shit when they pull on that blue jersey. Rangers have that brown touch. :lol:

Read today that Lewis McLeod will not be rejoining Rangers this summer.

I half agree with you. We have ruined many a good player and I could reel off a list of plenty who didn't fulfil their potential.

We did have this capacity to field goalkeepers and centre halfs (not halves) of some prowess.. Bell doesn't fit The Rangers' mould.

I half agree with you. We have ruined many a good player and I could reel off a list of plenty who didn't fulfil their potential.

We did have this capacity to field goalkeepers and centre halfs (not halves) of some prowess.. Bell doesn't fit The Rangers' mould.

Aye, he's not a woman beating, terrorist sympathising, jakeball. That's the mould of a real Rangers Goalie.

Or a Lighthouse.

Oh you two and your tropes! Bhoys united or what?

It was always going to be a tough ask for those players many used to playing at the highest level in Scottish football to reach that high standard demanded by playing for Rangers in the lower leagues against mainly part time opposition. I find it astonishing that Cammy Bell who played for Kilmarnock against the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen and was highly rated by many, wasn't good enough to play for Rangers against Livingston or Cowdenbeath.

Its easy to blame players because they are right there every weekend being watched and scrutinized by fans and media, what about what you don't see such as the training methods. Players get lazy because they are not motivated, they are not motivated because they are not trained and coached properly. Having half decent lazy players who's managers match tactics come straight from the mid nineties will only get you so far before you get found out. Lets see how your former players get on next season, apart from Richard Foster who was crap before he joined Rangers, so he doesn't count.

Snafy, again I am in half-agreement here. Bell underperformed. So did a hell of a lot of Rangers players. Some of that is due to the management. Some of that Is also down to the players themselves.

Snafy, again I am in half-agreement here. Bell underperformed. So did a hell of a lot of Rangers players. Some of that is dues to the management. Some of that Is also down to the players themselves.

Dues?

Archived