Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sevco are actually making money bids for players?

Aye. Derogatory ones which they know will be knocked back.

Smoke, mirrors and spivery.

Talk us through this then, chap. Are we barred from saying BJK or just quoting Sean Fallon and McBungle claiming that BJK?

Now there may have been 'cancer mocking' (whatever that is) but I see plenty of posters wishing death on folk elsewhere on the boards. I see little action from the mods.

I also see dozens of posters trying to bypass the swear filter and being encouraged by others to do so. That we shouldn't use rhyming slang or asterisked words to bypass the filter was a big issue a year or so back. This, again, has become unmoderated territory.

Obviously none of this affects me as I am squeaky-clean (despite by 2 weeks on the naughty step) but you have to have clear policies that are implemented consistently or you're going to turn the board in to a clipes' paradise.

The mod team are discussing the Jock Stein stuff at the moment.

As for the rest of your post, well...there's not much to say. There are 7 mods for the whole site and it's not a full time job. That's why the report function is there. We can't read every post that's made and so ask everyone to help us out.

We are not trying to turn the site into a clypes paradise. Perhaps if folk stopped continually dragging up historic child abuse allegations in an attempt to score points against equally embittered rivals we could do away with the need for moderation?

Since TM has waded in. My tuppence worth is that people are too touchy about being called names. They try to distort the name calling into something it is not. I understand why Celtic fans are ashamed, I understand why Rangers fans have tried, and succeeded in turning a generic insult for barbaric behavior into something sectarian. I don't like being referred to by the derogatory term teuchter. But, unless the posts are contextualised by obvious hatred it's all just bants.

There are only two sets of clubs' fans who want to be seen as being victims, one has done since its conception in 1888 and the other seems to have been the product of whataboutery after the famine song and the offensive behaviour bill.

I want to be a victim too, hence my teuchter protest.

It's probably to do with the fact Old Firm fans generally have extremely low self-esteem (hence why they support the OF) and an inability to handle banter or being wound up.

Rhyming slang homophobia imo.

You've called me a teuchter, are you homophobic? Since that is your stated comprehension of the word.

It was an Aberdeen fan that brought it up then quoted a current Newspaper article which relates directly to the historic issue.

Passing the buck....not the dons fans fault 8 is banned....

He posted on subject, he got bralt locked,he got offending post removed ,he got banned.

Irony alert... misses fact he changed his avatar....

and makes him look just as bad as his CA posting banned mate.

Passing the buck....not the dons fans fault 8 is banned....

He posted on subject, he got bralt locked,he got offending post removed ,he got banned.

Irony alert... misses fact he changed his avatar....

and makes him look just as bad as his CA posting banned mate.

The scoundrel, imagine changing an avatar....

Lol.

Missing the point.....the mod claimed that (1) the issue was historical, when in fact it was a historical issue that was now being discussed in the present because of a newspaper article (2) there were several people discussing 'dragging it up' it before No8 posted (3) the subject is not actually prohibited.

That is your opinion, the avatar is show of support for a lassie who simply told the truth and was then hounded by 100`s of rhabid celtic fans, if this bother you...report it.

People might have been discussing it.....

only one poster had a post removed,only one poster was banned.

Show support??? Well you might aswell....

as you were supporting 8 seeking clarification and being his mouth piece when he got banned.

What post was removed?

I do not need to support no8 to seek clarification on whether discussing a subject is off limits, they are 2 separate things.

Wobble

67's going to keep this going, then start complaining about Rangers fans posting about the subject.

So transparent.

Wibble

Probably just as well we won't be going near him. Any news about Shane Ferguson?.

Vickic to sign for Bolton before the signing ban. Bolton's debt is horrific, upward of 172.9m and rising for a club outside the Premiership and they will struggle to stay up this coming season.

Was reading something a while ago about Bolton's debt. The vast majority of it seems to be to their main shareholder, who is a local and a Bolton fan. They have cut their wage bill substantially in the last couple of years and I think last season almost ran at break even. The debt they carry, for as long as the old guy remains alive, isn't an issue. When he pops his clogs it might be a bit different mind you, depending on what his family decide to do.

So are Rangers fans happy with the signings so far?

When Dave King said he'd over-invest to make sure they got promoted next May, I assumed they'd spend more.

Bookies reckon there's about a 55% chance they'll win the league so it's hardly set in stone at the moment.

No...all the ones quoted have never came out when signed and said I support the other team.

That's what I was wondering really. Has anyone ever come out and said "I'm delighted to have signed for Rangers/Celtic, although I grew up supporting and still do support the other side etc"? I'm just curious.

Archived