Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

The Record back to succulent lamb stories already?

It didn't take them long.

I'm in shock that the Record are getting all the transfer exclusives from Ibrox. I just thought they were running with all those pro-Dave King articles for months and months out the goodness of their hearts. :)

I'm joking, of course, but when you consider Dave Kings PR man is Jim Traynor, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that an agreement may have been made. Just my opinion, and pure speculation.

As for Eustace, if Warbs and Weir think he could be their Davie Weir then who am I to argue. But this transfer seems a bit McCoist-esque. A quick fix signing just to get us out of the league we are playing in. Then again, maybe a few 30+ players are essential to get the right balance. Just depends who else the gaffer signs.

I've never heard of the player but as I said about Kiernan, it's no surprise Warbs is shopping around in the English Championship and it's a level where players should be more than capable of making the move North and doing well.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be unfashionable and fail to quench some fans' desire for more exciting arrivals but Eustace would be a solid signing for Rangers. Ask any Watford or Derby fan about him and they'll only have good things to say.

Warburton will no doubt be pilloried by some of the numpties for signing a 35 year old but it would be a shrewd bit of business.

I've never heard of this Eustace guy but I do remember how a lot of people chuckled when

Rangers signed Davie weir, especially the guys on radio Scotland ( harrrrr harrrrrrrr harrrrrrrr)

I've never heard of this Eustace guy but I do remember how a lot of people chuckled when

Rangers signed Davie weir, especially the guys on radio Scotland ( harrrrr harrrrrrrr harrrrrrrr)

The one I remember was Sone Aluko. The slagging he got...would have him back

Davie Weir was an awful player though.

Awfully good. :)

The thing about Weir was that he was a very basic defender. He's not going to go past 3 players and then play a delightful through-ball. That's not his style. It's not to everyone's liking but he made a career out of not allowing the opposition to capitalise on his lack of pace, and also putting the ball into Row Z at the first opportunity he got.

If Mohsni was still at the club, I think he could have learned a lot from Weir.

Danny Wilson is a copy of Davie Weir. Maybe that's why some Jambo's had their complaints about him. But it's exactly the type of player Rangers need, a solid defender who keeps things simple.

Davie Weir was an awful player though.

An awful player who captained a fairly poor Rangers side in comparison to others through a very successful period in which he played almost every minute.

Weir was a good defender for the level he was playing at.

You just made that up.

Backward step.

Really did I? He was assistant when they were promoted and he was assistant when they got into the play offs to get promotion.

What an utterly pointless post from an utterly pointless poster.

Archived