Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

I concur.

It seems to me that there will have to be a financial seismic change before any agent or freelance player would put their trust in a club that is relying on the never never.

The thing about agents is they let greed cloud their judgement. If Sevco can front up a chunky fee to an agent there's a good chance he'll convince his player to go and let them suffer the likely financial consequences later, feigning ignorance when the same player's wages go unpaid or get halved. It was all fine signing for them in 2013 when Green had over £20m in IPO loot but this is a club that has no reserves, no credit facility, they can't even raise an overdraft to cover a few days worth of expenses as we've seen. Sign for them at your peril.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a player get offered £6 or £7k a week from Rangers or £1k from another Scottish team it's a no brainer for them.

How many players signed for Romanovs Hearts only to be regularly paid late?

How many mangers took the job knowing full well the shelf life was averaging about 10months and you had to motivate unpaid players?

It seems players and managers will sign on anywhere as long as the figure is right.

Money talks in football

How many players signed for Romanovs Hearts only to be regularly paid late?

How many put up with it anyway?

No matter how dodgy Romanov was, football regulations protect player wages above literally everything else. Hearts players during that period knew full well that if Tynecastle literally had to be torn brick from brick to get them their money in the event of an insolvency situation then that's what would happen. And by and large footballers are not living hand-to-mouth on their last months' wages if they're more than 18 years old.

If players weren't absolutely, utterly certain they'd get paid, then nobody would be stupid enough to sign a 3000-a-week contract with a club that had only formed two years ago that was already 70 million in debt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they inject £70 million at this time?

No, they didn't. Nothing like that much (but still an obscene amount that year, on top of STs).

An awful lot of non Rangers supporters seem awfully concerned. Lets get a manager in place before we worry about new signings

I'm concerned that they just might get a decent manager (wouldn't be hard considering previous) but my concern is tempered somewhat by the fact that the boardroom shenanigans will outweigh the football side. Which sensible manager would want to get involved with this mess right now?

8 sleeps till the EGM, sweet dreams.

Also hearing if Warburton gets the job Lewis MacLeod will be coming back. Not sure if it will be a permanent transfer or a loan though.

Sounds like a lazy rumour.

What's happened to MacLeod, not cutting it in the championship?

Slovenia's manager has essentially said Vuckic won't be in the team while he's at Rangers, can't see him going back.

What did he say?.....

I doubt he'll be signing for Rangers anyway but I'm just wondering, given the three main centre forwards for Slovenia play in Japan and Austria.

Their biggest transfer will be their association licences over to a new company. :lol:

Are Rangers going into admin for sure next season ..iirc you predicted this.

I value your expert opinion on all matters Rangers btw.

Are Rangers going into admin for sure next season ..iirc you predicted this.

I value your expert opinion on all matters Rangers btw.

Like Phil, he has predicted this every year since he joined.

Backing up your aliases again you demented idiot. :lol:

You already made an arse out of yourself over this by posting my past posts which were either edited to suit your deluded agenda or you picked posts which actually were based on the clumpanies current financial predicament at the time.

Archived