Charles Kennedy

MEADOWXI

I neither knew nor met Charles Kennedy, but my sympathies lie with his family.

Given the hoo ha over the Salmond interview & twitter posts of WoS, I'm surprised there has been zero comment on the thoughts of former LibDem Deputy Chair Donnachadh McCarthy on facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/donnachadh/posts/10206717253514093

McCarthy is a total riddy and nut job best ignored.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends if he's speaking the truth or not, if he's telling porkies you're correct, if he's being truthful then I've more respect for him than most of the snivelling conformists I hear in politics.

I think that's manifestly the case. He's essentially accusing the whole of the House - including the leaders of all the parties - of lying to the House. A criminal act. Even his own friends dispute his account, bar one or two contrarian fruit loops.

I think that's manifestly the case. He's essentially accusing the whole of the House - including the leaders of all the parties - of lying to the House. A criminal act. Even his own friends dispute his account, bar one or two contrarian fruit loops.

Does this surprise you? Remember what Malcom Bruce said about politicians lying. :rolleyes:

It all depends if he's speaking the truth or not, if he's telling porkies you're correct, if he's being truthful then I've more respect for him than most of the snivelling conformists I hear in politics.

If any of it was the truth then why wait till the man dies to say all this?

He could have made these points at anytime and let Kennedy defend himself on the points made, but he hasn't and you have to ask why?

He goes on about the "Prostitute State" all the time. He's a fucking zoomer.

If any of it was the truth then why wait till the man dies to say all this?

He could have made these points at anytime and let Kennedy defend himself on the points made, but he hasn't and yhout ou have to ask why?

The guy could have been spouting this stuff for years without it being picked up,I've no idea nor interest, I certainly won't say anything nice about a waste of oxygen just because they pop their clogs.

The tributes have been pretty good overall, but I don't see the need for absolutely everybody to mention the fact that Charlie drank. We all knew that anyway.

Nick Clegg managed to sneak the caveat "on a good day, when he was on form" into an otherwise glowing memoriam.

Shirley Williams talked about how he would often fail to turn up to important events, and closed with the unfortunate line: "He was just a staggering human being."

Craig Murray even managed to bring up Charlie's spending on taxis!

Next we'll be getting told that he was a brave, kindly, and generous man, but he also liked pulling the heid aff it.

Next we'll be getting told that he was a brave, kindly, and generous man, but he also liked pulling the heid aff it.

I do hope you can back up these scurrilous allegations :lol:

I'm sure even the man himself would have found it quite amusing if every eulogy had featured a mention of the likelihood, nay certainty, that at some point during his daily routine, CK could be found with his pants around his ankles contemplating a massive upturn in his personal polling :P

I'm sure either one of the Tory or Labour MPs said yesterday that he once turned to them and said "And what's the Lib Dem policy on this again?" A man for detail he was not!

I do think things like yesterday show the Commons at its best. Quite surreal seeing MPs on all sides drying their eyes as the speeches went on.

I'm sure either one of the Tory or Labour MPs said yesterday that he once turned to them and said "And what's the Lib Dem policy on this again?" A man for detail he was not!

I do think things like yesterday show the Commons at its best. Quite surreal seeing MPs on all sides drying their eyes as the speeches went on.

In fairness to the man, you get the impression that most MPs would find it quite hard to outline their own party's policies on all but the most pressing issues.

Sometimes not even then :P

In fairness to the man, you get the impression that most MPs would find it quite hard to outline their own party's policies on all but the most pressing issues.

Sometimes not even then :P

And somehow she gained that seat from the Conservatives...

I do hope you can back up these scurrilous allegations :lol:

I'm sure even the man himself would have found it quite amusing if every eulogy had featured a mention of the likelihood, nay certainty, that at some point during his daily routine, CK could be found with his pants around his ankles contemplating a massive upturn in his personal polling :P

".... those of us who knew him best will always remember seeing his desk so covered in clumps of old bog roll that it resembled a gala day float."

Too soon?

@BBCBreaking: Ex-Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy died of a "major haemorrhage" linked to alcoholism, his family says http://t.co/Sq3MV4KHdj

In a way, this is sort of a relief. I'm sure a good few people thought he had done much worse.

@BBCBreaking: Ex-Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy died of a "major haemorrhage" linked to alcoholism, his family says http://t.co/Sq3MV4KHdj

In a way, this is sort of a relief. I'm sure a good few people thought he had done much worse.

I'm not sure how relieved they or he will be.

Glad it wasn't suicide, for him and those who knew him. Not much else to say, really.

Old editions of Have I Got News For You are starting to make for grim viewing, between the number of dead panellists and those who turned out to have abused weans.

Archived