Attendances at Ibrox

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally attendances debates are w**k but I'm genuinely intrigued by the numbers we'll see turning out for Rangers next season. Will they back the team or give up altogether after hilariously failing their target of back to back to back promotions?

Just one more thread with a desperate dig at Rangers hoping that the fans wouldn't show. How's that working out for ya?

Ave Home (Championship) 46,098 after 6 games. (Highest 49,216 Vs St Mirren)

'Genuinely intrigued' my arse, another one backfired eh!?

Just one more thread with a desperate dig at Rangers hoping that the fans wouldn't show. How's that working out for ya?

Ave Home (Championship) 46,098 after 6 games. (Highest 49,216 Vs St Mirren)

'Genuinely intrigued' my arse, another one backfired eh!?

Can you provide stats for Rangers home cup gates this season?

Why does this matter to you as a non Rangers supporter?

Why are you sitting at your computer, trousers at your ankles and cock in hand waiting for a reply of circa 18,000 - 20,000??

Why does this matter to you as a non Rangers supporter?

Why are you sitting at your computer, trousers at your ankles and cock in hand waiting for a reply of circa 18,000 - 20,000??

Why does it matter to you, as a Beith Juniors fan?

The OP was insinuating that crowds would drop after failing to achieve back to back promotions. What does that have to do with our Cup matches. Our home figures for the Challenge Cup and early League Cup exit are reflective of every other club's drop in attendances for these games, same down south unless one of the smaller clubs draw a 'glamour tie'

Our following is holding strong, despite another year in the 2nd tier, it is still up with the best supported clubs across the UK, home and away, that's the point. The OP clearly wasn't anticipating this.

Ahh, good old deflection... well done on attempting to answering the question though... top marks

The irony of you posting this, directly below RedRobs inability to answer my question, will not be lost on folk!

Here ya go.

25k + Vs Peterhead in the LC, 27k + Vs Saint Johnstone in the LC, 17k Vs Livi in the CC

(Saints and Livi, both live TV games midweek)

Took our full allocation at both Ayr United and Airdrie away.

Quick comparison, our friends across the City drew a crowd of just over 13k iirc for their LC game vs Raith last month?

Which clubs are packing em in for their cup games then mate? (apart from when they draw us)

Here ya go.

25k + Vs Peterhead in the LC, 27k + Vs Saint Johnstone in the LC, 17k Vs Livi in the CC

(Saints and Livi, both live TV games midweek)

Took our full allocation at both Ayr United and Airdrie away.

Quick comparison, our friends across the City drew a crowd of just over 13k iirc for their LC game vs Raith last month?

Which clubs are packing em in for their cup games then mate? (apart from when they draw us)

To be fair, Raith Rovers was an trivial match for them, but St Johnstone was your biggest game of the season so far.

To be fair, Raith Rovers was an trivial match for them, but St Johnstone was your biggest game of the season so far.

Aye fair enough, but 27K plus for a midweek LC tie live on Council telly still isn't bad. It's certainly no worse than what we pulled as a Premiership club.

As previously mentioned, the OP intended this thread as a piss take on dwindling crowds following Rangers, it hasn't happened. That's all.

There was a match a few weeks ago where RFC were the 3rd highest attendance in Britain on a Sat or Sun behind Man City and Arsenal I think it was, we were defo the highest in Scotland that week. I'm sure there have actually been matches this season where Rangers had a higher attendance than the rest of every other club in Scotland combined. Unfortunately I didn't actually save the proof of these when I seen them at the time or I would remember what matches it was, but I didn't because stuff like that is pretty run of the mill for RFC.

Archived