Armageddon - Three Years On

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now taking suggestions for figures to include in the 'shitebags and mouth-breathers' version of the OP picture.

Obvious candidates are Jim Traynor and Chic "I'm a Buddie, honest" Young. And that p***k Keith "wealth off the radar" Jackson.

Traynor was heroically wrong on everything as oldco slowly went bust, and poor wee Chic genuinely sounded like he was looking for a curtain rail strong enough to hang himself from, after full-time yesterday.

Backdrop to the rogue's gallery should be Daily Record and Traynor's laughable "Level5PR" logo. Ever consistent, Traynor's efforts at manipulating the media on behalf of Chuckie Cheese re-defined atrocious. I guess he had to start his own company after that- only he would actually still employ himself.

Craig Burley should also be in there for his venomous hatred of smaller clubs, and actually not understanding the first thing about how football actually works.

"HAS it really come to this? The future of Scottish football placed in the hands of a few nonentities from the lower divisions.

Muppets in charge of clubs that draw embarrassing crowds of 200 people suddenly standing as judge and jury over a decision that could cost the country millions of pounds in lost revenue.

Chairmen of part-time teams who are nothing more than afterthoughts in the psyche of our national obsession, yet suddenly they have been handed the most important decision in the history of Scottish football."

Sadly for this unemployable ex-OF wretch, his trial to replace Traynor as pro-arsecheeks troll in chief of the tabloids failed utterly.

wb2.gif

I think this thread should be linked to rangers Media. They're still convinced that boycotting will ruin both the Premier League AND the Championship. Its the usual nonsense...

"lets watch them kill themselves..."

"Stop them getting their lovely cash that they need to survive."

"Avoid away games next season and watch as the championship crumbles along with the Premier league."

"...it will show to everyone what Scotlands top division is like without the countries biggest and most successful club."

Etc, etc, etc.

They seem to have forgotten that the country's top division has been with the "biggest and most successful club" for quite some time now". Have they noticed they've been playing lower league football?

"Landlords, travel firms and football chiefs". Poor them.

With regard to the 'Glasgow' thing. Not everyone in Glasgow is a fan of the OF and not all OF fans are from Glasgow. Bus loads from across the country travel to support them (many for entirely non-football reasons). It's a Scotland wide problem, not merely a Glasgow one.

And because a media company is based in Glasgow does not mean it reflects the opinions or things which are important to Glaswegians.

I take it sky hasn't pulled out yet?

This is from today's Sun

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1433158635.514445.jpg

I'd argue that figure is actually on the conservative side when you consider the post-apocalyptic wasteland outside, take things like roving bandits, for example..

All we had to do was listen.

:(

I think this thread should be linked to rangers Media. They're still convinced that boycotting will ruin both the Premier League AND the Championship. Its the usual nonsense...

"lets watch them kill themselves..."

"Stop them getting their lovely cash that they need to survive."

"Avoid away games next season and watch as the championship crumbles along with the Premier league."

"...it will show to everyone what Scotlands top division is like without the countries biggest and most successful club."

Etc, etc, etc.

They seem to have forgotten that the country's top division has been with the "biggest and most successful club" for quite some time now". Have they noticed they've been playing lower league football?

Even when they were in the top flight, they couldn't be arsed coming the huge distance from Ibrox to Paisley. As evidenced by....

Record attendance 7,542 - St. Mirren v Kilmarnock (31 January 09)

Oh jolly good...Talksport, I know, I know, are having Gordon Smith on soon to talk about where next for Rangers and that there'll be a lot of disappointed Chief Execs in the Scottish Premiership* this morning.

* Yes, amazingly, someone did call it by it's proper name.

The conveniently ignored flip side of this hand-wringing at The Rangers not being promoted is the implication that Motherwell are somehow undeserving, of lesser importance, aren't as naturally worthy of their place in the top league. It's pretty astounding cuntfuckery when you think about it.

Right on queue eh? The Weegie cuntpiece media at it. Not even 12 hours after the fact - 'Scottish football is now fucked with Rangers still in the Championship'

Fucking arseholes.

Oh jolly good...Talksport, I know, I know, are having Gordon Smith on soon to talk about where next for Rangers .

Wiggy was on BBC Scotland this morning during a phone in saying that it's ludicrous that Mohsni might end up getting charged by the Police for assault. Should be kept in house and dealt with by football authorities. Mmm, it maybe hasn't occurred to him that a single punch can kill someone. If that had happened should the SFA decide on Mohsni's fate? Couple of guys were absolutely slating him

I take it sky hasn't pulled out yet?

This is from today's Sun

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1433158635.514445.jpg

I had a wee google on the Professor who is clearly an idiot- he said this about Craig Whyte in 2010 to Andy Devlin of the Sun:

https://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/tag/professor-chris-brady/

Professor Brady then made an astonishing comment I had not seen before:-

“Essentially, Mr Whyte is a tipster. He’s the Jim Delahunt of corporate finance!

“Mr Whyte owns a private equity company; he is what we term a venture capitalist. He’s got cash and he’s looking to make more. He’s looking for businesses which are under performing.”

“It won’t be his money. He will be the face of a consortium. There will be a group of people involved in a deal like this. He didn’t get where he is today — with business interests worth a billion — by spending his own money. He’ll be looking to spread the bet and that’s why I suspect more people are involved behind the scenes.”

So the guy knows what he's talking about............what a bellend "suicide note" my arse

OF derby income helps no-one other than Rangers and Celtic, apart from in TV deal or sponsorship terms.

But TV is paying exactly the same now as it did before Rangers went bust and Doncaster himself has claimed that the new Ladbroke deal is "the most lucrative ever".

So I would like to understand how a Professor of any kind can therefore claim it was "almost like a suicide note" for Scottish football, particularly in the light of prettymuch everything having remained stable or improved.

It was, in reality, a suicide note for the OF derby.

Just heard on the radio traffic report to expect delays at Ibrox of at least 12 months :P

Rumour has it the Glasgow Subway will be extended to Dumfries.

Archived