Armageddon - Three Years On

With apologies to those of equal or greater merit whose faces have been omitted, and there are many.

393n4DM.jpg

To the Scottish media, the Scottish football authorities, and the various mouth-breathers and chairmen out there - What is Left of Scottish Football is still awaiting an apology for the hysteria and shitebaggery.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Clyde was in mourning after the game yesterday. Old Firm sycophants and dinosaurs like Hugh Keevins were probably thinking to themselves 'f**k, what are we going to talk about for the next 12 months'.

I'm savouring every minute of it.

Every single chairman, journalist and pundit who predicted a doomsday scenario should be forced to come out and apologise and admit they were talking utter, unfounded shite.

Just a few months ago I heard some goon - possibly Mark Guidi - on a radio phone-in saying that it would be "catastrophic for Scottish football" if The Rangers didn't get promoted this season, seemingly oblivious to the fact that everyone else has prospered since the oldco's demise and the newco's inception. These c***s are actually getting paid to spout complete bullshit. I'm in the wrong job.

Every single chairman, journalist and pundit who predicted a doomsday scenario should be forced to come out and apologise and admit they were talking utter, unfounded shite.

Just a few months ago I heard some goon - possibly Mark Guidi - on a radio phone-in saying that it would be "catastrophic for Scottish football" if The Rangers didn't get promoted this season, seemingly oblivious to the fact that everyone else has prospered since the oldco's demise and the newco's inception. These c***s are actually getting paid to spout complete bullshit. I'm in the wrong job.

I wonder if there will ever come a time when it penetrates their thick skulls that Scottish football is actually managing quite well without the presence of The Rangers in the Premiership.

I wonder if there will ever come a time when it penetrates their thick skulls that Scottish football is actually managing quite well without the presence of The Rangers in the Premiership.

Doubt it.

Guidi literally sounded on the ^ ^ ^ verge of tears as he interviewed McManus and Pearson after the game. Glorious viewing.

What should be more worrying is that there are clearly a lot of people making a lot of money from Scottish Football when they clearly have absolutely no idea of what is happening in the game.

Of the last 8 League or Scottish Cup contests, there have been 7 different winners. Armageddon is amongst the best things to have happened to the game here but the folk in the press and at the top of the game still won't admit they got it wrong.

We should be shouting from the rooftops about how much the domestic game is improving.

People will continue to talk the game down in this country. If one of our clubs got far in the CL or EL, QF's or something like that, the media would still be telliing us how shite is it is.

We should be shouting from the rooftops about how much the domestic game is improving.

This. Put an end to the pervading sense amongst media and the authorities that the game is somehow 'waiting' for Sevco to make their debut in the top flight. Start focusing on what's going well in the game.

For one thing, I'd be interested to see some figures on the number of domestic players in the Premier League over the past ten years. I could be wrong but it feels to me that there are fewer dud imports over here now than at times in the past.

I'm still not sure how Ross County have survived without ever playing a league game against Rangers. Coming up to 22 seasons in the SFL/SPL/SPFL and not one league game to show for it.

I'm still not sure how Ross County have survived without ever playing a league game against Rangers. Coming up to 22 seasons in the SFL/SPL/SPFL and not one league game to show for it.

Uncle Roys pocket money, obviously.

They were correct, it has been armageddon for their world where everything revolved around Sevco, armageddon has certainly shown everyone that playing the ugly sisters 4 times a season only helps perpetuate the ugly sisters dominance of league titles.

Archived