Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDonald on yer Sky Sports News: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9923018/scott-mcdonald-upbeat-ahead-of-third-spell-at-motherwell

Maybe it's just me reading too much into things but he's been pointedly vocal in his support of Baraclough. Spoke highly of him in the Radio Scotland interview a while back, ages before he re-signed. Fairly predictably in the club interview after he signed and again here.

Taking it at face value, the players definitely seem on board with what the manager/club is trying to do. McDonald doesn't really seem the sort to offer up platitudes either.

The bit about rekindling the McDonald Clarkson partnership has me worried since it was pish the first time round.

I think it will be McDonald and Fletcher starting and Skippy will be dropping deeper to help in the midfield so that we have more opportunities to get Johnson and Ainsworth the ball with a clear run at a fullback like we did against Rangers.

The bit about rekindling the McDonald Clarkson partnership has me worried since it was pish the first time round.

I think it will be McDonald and Fletcher starting and Skippy will be dropping deeper to help in the midfield so that we have more opportunities to get Johnson and Ainsworth the ball with a clear run at a fullback like we did against Rangers.

:lol:

McDonald's time at Motherwell seemed to coincide with Clarkson's slump, after his initial burst onto the scene as a 17 year old didn't it? He only seemed to start scoring goals again once McGhee came in.

Like you, I would suggest it would be McDonald in the "number 10" role, to allow the two wide men to attack. Fletcher & Moult will be the first two in line for the centre-forward role. Clarkson will be there to fill in where needed, be it up top, just in behind or even out wide.

Should Jamaica win the Gold Cup against Mexico this weekend, will Chris Humphrey become the first player that has played for Motherwell to win a major continental competition?

I'm meaning international football rather than club football so Paul Lambert's 1997 Champions League win doesn't count.

I see Australia won the Oceanic Cup in 2004...had Scott McDonald been capped by this point?

As you can tell, my Friday evening is fucking riveting :lol:

McDonald on yer Sky Sports News: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9923018/scott-mcdonald-upbeat-ahead-of-third-spell-at-motherwell

Maybe it's just me reading too much into things but he's been pointedly vocal in his support of Baraclough. Spoke highly of him in the Radio Scotland interview a while back, ages before he re-signed. Fairly predictably in the club interview after he signed and again here.

Taking it at face value, the players definitely seem on board with what the manager/club is trying to do. McDonald doesn't really seem the sort to offer up platitudes either.

He holds the world record for the number of 'you knows' in a single sentence

Should Jamaica win the Gold Cup against Mexico this weekend, will Chris Humphrey become the first player that has played for Motherwell to win a major continental competition?

I'm meaning international football rather than club football so Paul Lambert's 1997 Champions League win doesn't count.

I see Australia won the Oceanic Cup in 2004...had Scott McDonald been capped by this point?

As you can tell, my Friday evening is fucking riveting :lol:

Lee McCulloch was in the Scotland squad that won the Kirin Cup. Does that count...?

Think buzz, mcmanus and mcfadden were also in that squad

McFadden certainly was, I remember him scoring in the 5-1 against Bulgaria.

Does Omar Daley still play for Jamaica? He was a honking footballer.

Today's Sun linking us with a move for Jackson Irvine.

Wouldn't mind signing the boy permanently if that were the case but can't say I'm overly enamoured at the prospect of loaning players in from Celtic if that's what we're trying to do.

Archived