greatest disappointment following your team

What event has left you most gutted in your time following your team?

The mighty rovers have not come up short in terms of relegation and capitulation, dodgy decisions from within the club.

That said the game at East end park a few years ago where Mcglynn made a total c**t of his selections and tactics that day was the worst.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting knocked out of the Scottish cup years ago from Spartans and losing the challenge cup final this year against Livingston. The final against Airdrie was shite but nowhere near as bad as this years final.

I must be in the minority re that game at EEP. The more the game wore on it was inevitable we'd get beat. Even when Baird scored there was a weird atmosphere in the away end. I think my defeatist attitude was in full force that day as I came out the ground not overly upset at the result. It was an unusual season, always thought we'd slip up and as that game crept up I always thought it would be against them.

I must be in the minority re that game at EEP. The more the game wore on it was inevitable we'd get beat. Even when Baird scored there was a weird atmosphere in the away end. I think my defeatist attitude was in full force that day as I came out the ground not overly upset at the result. It was an unusual season, always thought we'd slip up and as that game crept up I always thought it would be against them.

Sort of with you on this, as soon as I seen that clown McNeil was in goals I knew it was game over and was expecting a loss !

I think for me the biggest disappointment has been our lack of youth coming through, especially after it was quoted it cost about 6 figures to run the youth squads each year (FFP a few years back I'm sure) ... In my lifetime I think Callachan & Vaughan are the only 2 "breaking" into the first team, which for me isn't good enough !

I always feel a promotion failure is more gutting than relegation. All season you've been near the top and chasing the league and to end up with f**k all is so frustrating. It's very rare that you haven't seen relegation coming teams that go down have generally been shite all season and deserve to go.

I always feel a promotion failure is more gutting than relegation. All season you've been near the top and chasing the league and to end up with f**k all is so frustrating. It's very rare that you haven't seen relegation coming teams that go down have generally been shite all season and deserve to go.

Missing out on being Premier League champions by goal difference in the last ten minutes of the final game if the season is a bit of a b*****d as well.

Not going on to win the Scottish Cup in 2008 when we equalised.

Rangers were on the ropes with the players arguing with each other, and we had chances. But we ran out of steam.

I was so proud to be a Queens fan throughout that cup run and thinking about it still makes me smile, but I do sometimes think 'if only'. Watching Inverness celebrate winning the Scottish Cup as I write this makes me think about it and how that could have been our year that bit more.

James Gradys goal. There will never be another footballing moment as heartbreaking as that for me

The game at EEP was horrible at the time but I was soon over it was the pars started getting 3/4 goals past them every week the season after and knowing that would have been us.

Archived