Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a hilariously hypocritical statement though.

Anyone want to describe the Ibrox experience, or their general away behaviour.

There is a reason the majority of the country despises them... And it's not jealousy ffs.

I had two coins and a lighter hit me/land at my feet at Ibrox

Just skimmed through that tear-stained, heids-gone Vanguard Bears "statement". Every line has at least two LOLs.

I sense the author's not loving the "journey" quite as much as we are.

Obviously we are in to the silly season now for football coverage where other than some transfer gossip, the hacks have nothing to write about - so the aftermath of the game yesterday will be blown out of all proportion over the next couple of weeks.

Chick Young, that most accurate bellwether of how Rangers fans and rangers-leaning hacks are thinking was in full flow on Radio Scotland last night - Motherwell's decision to allocate 1500 tickets was partly to blame (he even thought 'Well fans didn't support the decision! :) ), Scottish football needs Rangers back, Motherwell an embarrassment for celebrating after the final whistle etc, etc - so we can expect much of this to be played out over the coming days. I'm especially looking forward to Lee Erwin's shove in the back being cast as some highly violent act...

The thing about all this is that all this fluff will detract from the real story of the playoffs - how Rangers were comprehensively pumped by the most mentally fragile team in the Premiership, one who had a laughable record at Ibrox and who had been comfortably pumped by every team in the league bar St Mirren. The fact that Motherwell had arguably the top 6 or 7 best performing players over the 180 mins against a Rangers team with a vastly higher wage bill will get next to no mention or analysis - and I'm fine with that.

The more the story is about peripheral things to appease the less intelligent orcs (as evidenced by Rangers' statement yesterday) and less about Rangers being a very mediocre Championship team indeed, the less likely it is that Rangers do what is really required by ripping it up and starting again - and the longer it will take them to be back in the top flight.

Things are so bad, his pessimism so overwhelming, that's he reduced to expecting nothing more than:

"We will never be a force in Europe, that’s not our aim at this time, I’d happily settle for the last 16 in Europe on a regular basis"

FFS :lol:.

'Reality check needs a reality check', IMO.

Things are so bad, his pessimism so overwhelming, that's he reduced to expecting nothing more than:

"We will never be a force in Europe, thats not our aim at this time, Id happily settle for the last 16 in Europe on a regular basis"

FFS :lol:.

'Reality check needs a reality check', IMO.

Haha! They are struggling to be in the Top 16 Scottish clubs at the moment. When are these nuggets ever gonna learn that the Klos, Laudrop, Gascoigne days are over for ever and that if they had played within the rules, these guys and others wouldnt have been anywhere near Ibrokes!

The follow on from hj's

"We will never be a force in Europe, thats not our aim at this time, Id happily settle for the last 16 in Europe on a regular basis, but right now that is as likely as the Bheasts being held accountable for their abuse of kids."

What a joke of a statement.

Archived