Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pitch invasion is a Motherwell tradition and the local police are well aware it happens every single year. Its only 'unsavoury' to those not used to it.

I said 'slightly' unsavoury because whilst I have absolutely no problem with pitch invasions in general and took part in a couple when I was a teenager, the goading of their fans will possibly be seen as going too far, (by the authorities). I think they will try to make an example of you.

I made the point though that we did the same thing and there was no action, (I also think our goading of Falkirk was slightly unsavoury but because it was Killie and Falkirk - no-one cared).

Anyone else think it's inevitable league reconstruction is on the way? I would not be surprised if they made it a 14 team league, thus promoting Hibs and Rangers...

Even then I think they'll change the play-off format. Maybe straight promotions for second. Anything to get their beloved Rangers in.

There is next to no chance of reconstruction for next season. There may be reconstruction proposed for the following season, but there have been murmurings of that for a while anyway.

Sorry.

Stupidity annoys me.

Tut tut that's not very nice. Comes over as rather arrogant.

I guess your a stats man and not a qualified coach and probably didn't play the game as you never actually never talk about the football match only stats.

Anyway I respect you and your stats they are very interesting and I really like your optimistic views for Scottish football.

However mine are different. My point is the quality of player playing his football in Scotland is poor compared to years ago. Celtic have no competition since Rangers demise. Aberdeen pushed them all the way! Gawd they ended up 17 pts behind with 3rd place Inverness 27 pts behind! The product offered to fans is poor imo. Players used to leave Scotland to go to the EPL now they are struggling to play for English Championship teams. Yes I believe a league construction is necessary playing playing team 3/4/5 times a season is monotonous. Players and fans have said that! They system will not allow our teams with biggest supports to all be in the premier at once. My view is nothing to do with Rangers Hibs or any other team is for the long term good of Scottish football.

I want to see the calibre of player back of years past playing in Scotland again. We need to improve the product to improve the finance to bring these players in. Imo this will not happen under the present set up.

I will have a lie down for a few months and look forward to next season. The Rangers posters did the right thing last night and took their biscuit tin under the bed. I felt I was surrounded by by a dozen Mohsni's. Lol! People really hate Rangers and Celtic. Lol!

Anyway enjoy your summer to you and all posters. Remember posters your health is more important than a million pound striker! I hope you are all in good health for the start of the season. Cheers for now.

Looking at it cynically - from a PR perspective, putting Moshni on was a stroke of genius. Today, all the headlines are about how Moshni is an idiot but without his amateur Bruce Lee impression, all the headlines would be about how the Rangers team is an embarrassment and the club itself is a shambles.

The beauty of the internet is such that it gives us infinite space in which to discuss both Moshni's cuntery, and also Sevco's meltdown and general shiteness. There's no need to forego one for the other.

It's a good day.

I said 'slightly' unsavoury because whilst I have absolutely no problem with pitch invasions in general and took part in a couple when I was a teenager, the goading of their fans will possibly be seen as going too far, (by the authorities). I think they will try to make an example of you.

I made the point though that we did the same thing and there was no action, (I also think our goading of Falkirk was slightly unsavoury but because it was Killie and Falkirk - no-one cared).

Yip - pitch invasions are by-the-by when it's purely celebratory but goading the away end takes it to a different level.

As much as I dislike Old Firm & 'Rangers'supporters I have to acknowledge that not reacting yesterday was to their credit.

Listening to Call Kaye on Radio Scotland.

Almost to a man callers are shouting for the police to be involved, jail sentences, it's nothing to do with the ref and football authorities as it was after the full time whistle ( :blink: ), bad role model for children etc.

I disagreed with what almost everyone was saying and fully believe this should be dealt with by the SFA.

Am I out of touch with the majority? Are some folk's views clouded by one of the main players being a sevconian?

Thoughts?

The ref is still in charge of the match until players are back in the dressing room.

Would hope this is kept within SFA, if it goes to the Police might extend Mohsnis stay in the country.

"Mohsni good on ye son f**k the papes as my old dad said to me if anycunt hits ye hit them back harder watp "

:lol:

A childhood punching mirrors and hiding from his dad.

Bit sad, really.

I guess your a stats man and not a qualified coach and probably didn't play the game as you never actually never talk about the football match only stats.

Anyway I respect you and your stats they are very interesting and I really like your optimistic views for Scottish football.

However mine are different. My point is the quality of player playing his football in Scotland is poor compared to years ago. Celtic have no competition since Rangers demise. Aberdeen pushed them all the way! Gawd they ended up 17 pts behind with 3rd place Inverness 27 pts behind! The product offered to fans is poor imo. Players used to leave Scotland to go to the EPL now they are struggling to play for English Championship teams. Yes I believe a league construction is necessary playing playing team 3/4/5 times a season is monotonous. Players and fans have said that! They system will not allow our teams with biggest supports to all be in the premier at once. My view is nothing to do with Rangers Hibs or any other team is for the long term good of Scottish football.

I want to see the calibre of player back of years past playing in Scotland again. We need to improve the product to improve the finance to bring these players in. Imo this will not happen under the present set up.

I will have a lie down for a few months and look forward to next season. The Rangers posters did the right thing last night and took their biscuit tin under the bed. I felt I was surrounded by by a dozen Mohsni's. Lol! People really hate Rangers and Celtic. Lol!

Anyway enjoy your summer to you and all posters. Remember posters your health is more important than a million pound striker! I hope you are all in good health for the start of the season. Cheers for now.

You haven't digested a single thing anyone has said, have you?

Stop saying "Scotland/Scottish" when you mean "Celtic/Rangers", pretty much everyone else is much happier and thinks things have improved.

For moves from the SPL to bigger teams and leagues, since Armageddon, what about Robertson and Gauld for starters?

"They system will not allow our teams with biggest supports to all be in the premier at once." What? A system based on sporting achievement, rather than posturing and a sense of entitlement? How the f**k can any reasonable football fan argue against that?

Beyond blinkered.

As a regular observer, I think youth coaching in this country is excellent.

Still a few dinosaurs kicking about but, especially at club level, plenty of excellent work going on.

As a fanbase, we are notoriously downtrodden and miserable. Can never change that, it's as old as the game itself.

Anyway I respect you and your stats they are very interesting and I really like your optimistic views for Scottish football......

Just waiting on summer fitba' for a full house in Scottish Football Armageddon bingo...

Scottish quality hasn't gone down, English quality has gone up! They used to see Serie A as a step up but they now look down on all other leagues. As an Aberdeen fan I'd say that Hayes, McGinn, Rooney, etc are much better quality than Kiriakov, Pepper and the other charlatans who played for us 15 years ago. I'm sure many clubs will be the same, and many will be different. That's football, teams go up and down in quality on a yearly basis. No ones saying Motherwell's sharp decline this year is indicative of the league's decline. It's only when it happens to the two big Glasgow clubs that anyone takes any notice.

This is because you are two vile institutions and your problems are seen as rooted in Scottish society. The powers that be in Scotland need to wake up and recognise that thee are 40 other clubs in this country.

I don't get why some assume a 16 team league will solve all our (alleged) problems. Even in a situation where the top 3 qualify for Europe and the bottom 3 are relegated, you've got 10 teams in between playing for absolutely nothing from about February/March onwards (bit of a leap I know, but chances are you'll not have 5/6 teams involved in a European qualification battle and the same again fighting relegation). It would also leave the Championship/Division 1 a lot weaker with more part-time teams which would make relegation even worse financially than it is now.

Rm makes me sick, they take football to a whole new level of bat shit crazy. The way they hound people for social media comments or stunts (the dead 11 tee) trying to get them sacked is insane.

They are truly militant on that board, talking of rangers men, rangers way and it's a conspiracy against them and how they will innact their revenge against the spl teams that sent them down.

It's just football...

Not to them, it isn't.....................

On a more humorous note, I saw a post from an orc (can't find it now) saying that "clubs and their fans are proud to beat Rangers, whilst at the same time saying we are a new wee diddy team" (or words to that effect).

Like the vast majority he is completely missing the point. I doubt if anyone is PROUD to beat the ***s, it's just such great fun!

Their continued bleating, moaning and jumping up and down just makes it more so.

I am looking forward to next season's Championship. It will be more entertaining, results-wise, than the Jags' attempts to finish in the top six. :( Incoming Helens.

Scottish quality hasn't gone down, English quality has gone up! They used to see Serie A as a step up but they now look down on all other leagues. As an Aberdeen fan I'd say that Hayes, McGinn, Rooney, etc are much better quality than Kiriakov, Pepper and the other charlatans who played for us 15 years ago. I'm sure many clubs will be the same, and many will be different. That's football, teams go up and down in quality on a yearly basis. No ones saying Motherwell's sharp decline this year is indicative of the league's decline. It's only when it happens to the two big Glasgow clubs that anyone takes any notice.

This is because you are two vile institutions and your problems are seen as rooted in Scottish society. The powers that be in Scotland need to wake up and recognise that thee are 40 other clubs in this country.

Non-OF clubs will always have good spells then a "decline" - it's cyclical and has happened for ever - we all remember good teams "breaking up". Basically the diddy team is good, players get noticed, richer club takes good players and diddy club has to start again. In Scottish football terms, only Celtic and (formerly) Rangers had the money to constantly replace their best players - even Aberdeen and Hearts have spent plenty of seasons in mid to low table.

If they hey-day of Scottish football is to be seen as the period after the millennium where almost every Scottish club were hideously overspending, then I'll take the current, more realistic version any day. Any attempt to peg ourselves to what is happening down south will lead to another disaster for Scottish football.

We've had a pitch invasion for at least the last three years.

We've had a pitch invasion at the last home game practically every year since 1997 when we stayed up on the last day against Dunfermline (and I'm ashamed to admit that I was on the park that day :) ). A lot of 'Well fans can't be bothered with it but it's been going on for the best part of 20 years and I believe we've been fined for it i the past (or at least were on a final warning after a celtic player got booted four square in the arse :) )

ETA - Gannonball even remembers the player's name :)

The EPL quality has gone up, the quality of England internationalists has gone down, imo. We all know it's TV money at the root. Scottish international quality started to decline a couple of decades ago,( again imo).

Regarding the posts around reconstruction being the best thing for the future.

Sevco have a deluded concept that they are the same club as under Murray with £10 of millions being pumped in to the team no matter what, ignoring huge debts, running illegal tax schemes (the Wee Tax cae as sometimes referred to) and so on. The fact they now scrounge for loans to pay wages isn't a problem to their hard core base. Its just '"gi's money! Right, spent it! gi's mair!". They have people on the board that tell them they are financially as powerful as Madrid and Man uU and they believe it!

In the days of Murray and the old Rangers they didn't give a flying fukc about the future of Scottish football. Their plan to was to bludgeon the whole of football up here (Celtic included) in to financial oblivion. Every season would be another Ibrox title, another Champions league (as a major contender of course). Of course the Daily Record and the rest couldn't get enough of it. Such a scenario was a wet dream to some of their sports writers.

I have no doubt that to try and placate the lunatic fringe of their support they would quite happily take steps towards the same deluded financial strategy that destroyed the previous club. Why we need that is beyond me.

Archived