FIFA 16

Andershen

EA sports have made their first announcement today regarding the next FIFA and it's a bit of a surprise.

16 will include 12 international woman's teams. The teams are Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America.

Not what I was expecting. There's a video on YouTube but I cannae link it on my phone.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EA sports have made their first announcement today regarding the next FIFA and it's a bit of a surprise.

16 will include 12 international woman's teams. The teams are Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America.

Not what I was expecting. There's a video on YouTube but I cannae link it on my phone.

Might be wrong but aren't Scotland women one of the better teams? Would have made sense then to include them if so...

If EA want to prove they're not just making these games to rob the loyal players blind there needs to be a lot of improvements regarding gameplay. The keepers need improved, referees need improved. The exact same as every other year they need to fix the servers and I think career needs a bit of a revamp again as its all getting a bit repetitive again, and this barely even covers the tip of the iceberg from 15.

If EA want to prove they're not just making these games to rob the loyal players blind there needs to be a lot of improvements regarding gameplay. The keepers need improved, referees need improved. The exact same as every other year they need to fix the servers and I think career needs a bit of a revamp again as its all getting a bit repetitive again, and this barely even covers the tip of the iceberg from 15.

Yeah I agree there is a lot of fundamental issues that need sorting out first before they start adding stuff like this. I actually thought 15 was one of the better Fifas of recent years though but they do seem to make some serious cock ups year after year. I'm personally bored of the whole seasons mode now and would like a different way of playing online. I would like to know who I'm playing before kick off so I can set my team up accordingly.

Just seen the woman football announcement. A bit underwhelming if that's the biggest announcement for the new game this year.

The game hasn't gone forward enough over the last few years IMO. The careers mode, be a pro and online all need revamping as they've all gotten stale!

Read a thing a few weeks ago that EA were supposedly re-acquiring champions league licensing. Won't hold my breath just yet.

They could do with bringing back the player/manager career mode. All the little things you had to do to build up your players stats - score 5 goals with your weaker foot etc, was quite enjoyable.

Was wondering when they would start including women's teams, Scotland are fairly high up the rankings so maybe find them on the game in a few years. Hopefully start to include more leagues as well, would like the Scottish championship at least.

at any rate, unsure whether to buy it or not. Far too little improvement every year for the game to be bought every year.

Yeah I agree there is a lot of fundamental issues that need sorting out first before they start adding stuff like this. I actually thought 15 was one of the better Fifas of recent years though but they do seem to make some serious cock ups year after year. I'm personally bored of the whole seasons mode now and would like a different way of playing online. I would like to know who I'm playing before kick off so I can set my team up accordingly.

That's another good shout, there's a lot of potential for online game modes but they try to push everyone onto ultimate team for the money they can make.

Just seen the woman football announcement. A bit underwhelming if that's the biggest announcement for the new game this year.

The game hasn't gone forward enough over the last few years IMO. The careers mode, be a pro and online all need revamping as they've all gotten stale!

Read a thing a few weeks ago that EA were supposedly re-acquiring champions league licensing. Won't hold my breath just yet.

Could be true as PES isn't being made this year AFAIK

Was wondering when they would start including women's teams, Scotland are fairly high up the rankings so maybe find them on the game in a few years. Hopefully start to include more leagues as well, would like the Scottish championship at least.

at any rate, unsure whether to buy it or not. Far too little improvement every year for the game to be bought every year.

Scottish championship or old division 1 have been shouted for for years, thing is there's probably more chance of EA adding English non league and other pointless leagues like the Saudi one etc... Before recognising anymore in Scotland.

If they had women on UT it would be good, i think they could add the best female players from other countries e.g. Kim Little.

Still they need to remove price caps, it moves the market away from an equilibrium and creates extinct players (IF Fellini) or too many players (IF Gibbs)

An online career mode would be great, you can do it in Madden so no reason why you shouldn't be able to on FIFA.

Few of us were talking about this on Facebook, its not even a long shot, one country can become a gameworld, maybe link a few countries transfers together to make it more realistic, set game times if line person is offline the other plays against CPU and if both are offline the match will be simmed. X amount of days before you get kicked for inactivity and maybe an option to have a private league with friends whether it be with your teams from other game modes or a brand new career

Few of us were talking about this on Facebook, its not even a long shot, one country can become a gameworld, maybe link a few countries transfers together to make it more realistic, set game times if line person is offline the other plays against CPU and if both are offline the match will be simmed. X amount of days before you get kicked for inactivity and maybe an option to have a private league with friends whether it be with your teams from other game modes or a brand new career

Aye, I had an online Madden league on the go with mates and it was brilliant, incredibly fun doing trades with your mates etc, we just simmed all the games as none of us really had a clue what we were doing though, I reckon I'd enjoy it even more with FIFA.

Got to be truthful and say that if thats the only 'improvement', then i'll simply increase my social activity a bit. Find a lot more discrepancies in the game with each passing generation of console, tbh. Even fannying around offline in tournament mode, most of the seasons don't even finish properly, there's all manner of aesthetic inclusions which do nothing to enhance the play, and having had every edition since FIFA International Soccer on the Mega-Drive,and for the very first time find it genuinely boring with the latest fads and rehashing of the profitable markets in it. Should have seen it coming with the absolute horseshit that was the WC2014 game, which was a massive step-back from its 2010 predecessor (which iirc was used as a template for the first full ps3/360 reboot ahead of Fifa11.....i stand to be corrected), and was subsequently the best tourney-tourist game possibly ever in the series. Changes which might make things interesting within the current game could range from having actually pointful teams in it (more Ukrainians, Brazilians & major Latin American clubs, genuine top nations and not shit like India and New Zealand for a start), allowing proper offline customization options, giving full control of the keeper in possession would be nice.

Aye, I had an online Madden league on the go with mates and it was brilliant, incredibly fun doing trades with your mates etc, we just simmed all the games as none of us really had a clue what we were doing though, I reckon I'd enjoy it even more with FIFA.

How did the madden one work? Never played the game but if im right isn't EA the makers of the game and could surely then use the same template to add it to fifa.

How did the madden one work? Never played the game but if im right isn't EA the makers of the game and could surely then use the same template to add it to fifa.

Aye it's EA, it's far more in depth than FIFA though, you can go the owner and set the ticket prices, how much merchandise is and how much food is inside the ground as well as building completely new buildings and relocating the team to different cities as well as managing the team, it's great.

Aye it's EA, it's far more in depth than FIFA though, you can go the owner and set the ticket prices, how much merchandise is and how much food is inside the ground as well as building completely new buildings and relocating the team to different cities as well as managing the team, it's great.

That sounds brilliant. I can't see it happen though as I don't think career mode is one of Fifa's priorities they care too much about ultimate team as that's where they make a shit load of money.

Archived