St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Divs Twitter account linking us with Andy Webster. Now that would be some coup!

I'd be delighted with Langfield,Shankland and Webster. With another striker still to sign.

Getting linked with decent players but how often do they sign? Out of the 3 of them I can see us getting langfield and that's about it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting linked with decent players but how often do they sign? Out of the 3 of them I can see us getting langfield and that's about it.

You're probably right but there's nothing quite like a bit of unfounded pre-season optimism.

By the looks of that report we could be in for some wedge, nice !

@Kenny_Millar: @EddieBradley87 Where are the double standards? Hibs have reached an agreement with St Mirren.

Very happy with this

The Buddies won't be booing this year.

;)

McGinn for many of our support went about this all wrong, he and his agent used the spear incident to help engineer his move away. For that reason he will peobably be the only member of the cup final winning team to be given the treatment upon his return in a Hibs Jersey.

McGinn for many of our support went about this all wrong, he and his agent used the spear incident to help engineer his move away. For that reason he will peobably be the only member of the cup final winning team to be given the treatment upon his return in a Hibs Jersey.

I'm past caring, and glad it seems to be over.

He played in what was undoubtedly the worst squad in the league last season, and was, arguably, the biggest disappointment in terms of his level of underachieving. I genuinely don't think McGinn will be missed (certainly not in anything resembling the way in which McLean was).

We needed a clear-out, and John McGinn didn't want to play for St Mirren again. On that basis, I'm glad he has left.

Of course he's better than Wanyama :lol:

He definitely was that day. Wanyama the superstar was subbed after an hour as Saints kids Newton and McGinn totally dominated the midfield

McGinn was terrible last year - its funny as the year before he was rated much higher than Kenny McLean who grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck, bust his gut and with a terrific work ethic earned a move to a bigger team - he will always get a warm welcome at St Mirren park.

McGinn either did not progress as much or did not put the effort in, I really hope its the latter because he was a very industrious player who should have a bright future.

He definitely was that day. Wanyama the superstar was subbed after an hour as Saints kids Newton and McGinn totally dominated the midfield

Difference being, Wanayama has gone on to be one of the beat in his position in the Premiership and McGinn hasn't looked like kicking on since. Another wasted talent.

Archived