St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one, can see why the club would want to take some cash and just move on but at the same time we're more than within our rights to stand our ground and push for a tribunal.

The danger then is if no one takes him on, as 250k+ is quite steep, and we're left with a guy who doesn't want to play for us and/or he's frozen out of football.

Tough one, can see why the club would want to take some cash and just move on but at the same time we're more than within our rights to stand our ground and push for a tribunal.

The danger then is if no one takes him on, as 250k+ is quite steep, and we're left with a guy who doesn't want to play for us and/or he's frozen out of football.

Yep that's John's choice.

He has to look after his own interests as do the club . I think we'll settle for less than we are due ( surprise surprise ) .

Have watched your tv games.

Does that include the two we lost by an aggregate of 8-0 the other two sides in the bottom two?

The £270k or whatever we only get if he goes down south. There's no set fee if he goes to a Scottish club, hence the tribunal. We'd be as well going to that rather than taking £100k as we surely wouldn't be awarded any less.

Maybe a bit late now but - the teamline from the game today...

Howieson is really good, but went off in the first half, not sure how serious (although Gilchrist for Burnley was away to Hospital with an ankle injury in a seperate incident). St Mirren played well in parts. Moore good target upfront but a bit isolated.

I suspect that one or two of your subs will be getting the morning after pill.

IMG_20150722_223834.jpg

Why did he go ahead with sueing the club, knowing full well the ball was in our court when it came to him finding a new club in the summer? Hard not to feel sorry for him though, a monumental waste of potential talent if he's just left to rot.

As someone mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me if we just let him away for less.

Why did he go ahead with sueing the club, knowing full well the ball was in our court when it came to him finding a new club in the summer? Hard not to feel sorry for him though, a monumental waste of potential talent if he's just left to rot.

As someone mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me if we just let him away for less.

Suing made no difference to McGinn's status at the club and I suspect it made no difference to the club's attitude over a transfer. We'd still have wanted the maximum money claim or not.

Suing made no difference to McGinn's status at the club and I suspect it made no difference to the club's attitude over a transfer. We'd still have wanted the maximum money claim or not.

Surely it would have been beneficial for him from a negotiating point of view? Ifs buts and maybes I know, but if he hadn't sued I reckon the board would have been prepared to let him go for a bit less, and could be just doing a massive FU to him now. Far fetched, but you never know how things went on behind the scenes.

Surely it would have been beneficial for him from a negotiating point of view? Ifs buts and maybes I know, but if he hadn't sued I reckon the board would have been prepared to let him go for a bit less, and could be just doing a massive FU to him now. Far fetched, but you never know how things went on behind the scenes.

Archived