St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

In ex player news Connor Newton has signed for Cambridge and Cheesy has been offered a contract by Oldham.

Good news on the ST front also.

Always thought Newton had the potential to play at a higher level than that. Also surprised but pleased that Cheesy has got a club like Oldham!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone reckon that Thommo will still be captain this season? Maybe it's just me, but I don't know if it suits him. There's also the possibility that I pay too much attention to this kind of stuff.

Game finished 1-0 to Bradford. Trialists all got a run out at some point. Was very impressed with McMullan. Conlan was alright at left back, but Howieson was a bit mince. Rooney looked fine at right back and the striker on trial never really got enough time to impress. Gow hit the bar from a free kick late on.

Typical friendly.

The two trialists that started are the sort you sign in Football Manager as back-up and to develop into decent players. You maybe send them on loan for a season to get experience. Neither look good enough to come into the team right away. Didn't see enough of the striker and Rooney.

The two trialists that started are the sort you sign in Football Manager as back-up and to develop into decent players. You maybe send them on loan for a season to get experience. Neither look good enough to come into the team right away. Didn't see enough of the striker and Rooney.

I thought Conlan was alright. Didn't do too much wrong, but wasn't a stand out either. Might do ok in the Championship.

Rumour going about B&WA that we're in for Andy Webster.

I thought the left back was really poor, he was constantly out of position and erratic on the ball. The #11 was decent enough but didn't see much of the ball. Rooney and the big bearded striker didn't get enough time to judge properly.

Naismith and Thompson looked well off the pace which is worrying. McMullan looks a good player with loads of pace, Carswell and Agnew were pretty tidy on the ball but could have got more involved. Jim did well when he came on, he played some great through-balls down the wings. Gow hit a great free-kick from about 20 yards that rattled off the bar. James Hanson provided a good physical test for the centre backs and I thought Kelly coped well with him. The Bradford goal looked just offside from W1.

I'll be very worried if we don't get a good left-back and a more all-round striker in before the season starts.

Thought left back was ok, would do as cover. Howieson didn't impress. The other trialists didn't get enough time to make a judgement. Although I'm not seeing it with Thomas Reilly,never did. McMullan will cause a lot of teams problems. Ridgers is a Dracula extraordinaire. Heart in mouth a few times watching him. The female assistant ref needs to bone up on the offside rule.

Howieson looked decent in attacking moves but was completely lost when he had to cover at wing back. Didn't get a tackle or a block in once.

Conlan was OK. Nothing more nothing less. His positioning wasn't the best at times but he look comfortable.

Reilly should and hopefully will be thanked for his efforts on Monday and sent on his way.

Malky Lavelle-Moore got the last 15 minutes and had 3 touches with his back to goal. Not nearly enough to judge on.

Similar to Rooney although he looked tidy enough in what we did see and is an absolute monster of a boy. Big and built. Reminded me of the first time we saw Broadfoot.

I thought we were pretty poor in all honesty. But pre-season and with trialists it is difficult to tell. Should be OK for next week but need to step it up for the league start.

Left back looked OK, positionally a bit dodgy but he wasn't helped by Howieson being so poor in front of him. Right back looked good in the 15 mins we saw him.

Nothing up front again though. Look toothless with Gow the better of the attacking options.

I thought we were pretty poor in all honesty. But pre-season and with trialists it is difficult to tell. Should be OK for next week but need to step it up for the league start.

Left back looked OK, positionally a bit dodgy but he wasn't helped by Howieson being so poor in front of him. Right back looked good in the 15 mins we saw him.

Nothing up front again though. Look toothless with Gow the better of the attacking options.

Murray talked yesterday about still having three weeks to go until our first league game. I get the feeling he either doesn't care about next week or thinks it will take care of itself. It could be a brutal watch - bit like the last time we were in it and beat Forfar in extra-time.

Murray talked yesterday about still having three weeks to go until our first league game. I get the feeling he either doesn't care about next week or thinks it will take care of itself. It could be a brutal watch - bit like the last time we were in it and beat Forfar in extra-time.

When Murray was with us he always referred to the 1st round of the Challenge Cup as a final 'pre season friendly' after the match. Much to the dismay of the fans who had paid money to travel to Stranraer (we were drawn against them both seasons). Thankfully I wasn't one of them.

Reckon you guys could be in with a shout of winning it, especially with Rangers and Hibs playing each other, so he may just be playing it down with a view to giving it a serious bash. Although given his time with us it appears it's a competition he doesn't take too seriously.

Archived